Author Topic: Carson Became A Republican Less Than A Year Ago  (Read 2681 times)

Offline libertybele

Carson Became A Republican Less Than A Year Ago
« on: November 03, 2015, 12:07:49 am »
EXCLUSIVE: Records show Ben Carson became Republican less than one year ago

Republican presidential front runner Donald Trump has received a lot of scrutiny for donating to Democratic politicians in the past. But Republican primary voters may be curious to know why one of his chief rivals, Dr. Ben Carson, officially joined the Republican Party less than one year ago.

The American Mirror has obtained several public records that show Dr. Ben Carson, one of Trump’s chief rivals, did not affiliate with the Republican Party until he changed his voter registration on October 31, 2014.

Carson filed this “record update/change” on that date to change his party affiliation to “Republican Party of Florida” — less than six months before declaring his candidacy for the Republican nomination for president.

The office of Palm Beach County Supervisor of Elections confirms, “Dr. Carson was previously registered with a minor political party: Independence Party of Florida (IDP).”

http://www.theamericanmirror.com/exclusive-records-show-ben-carson-became-republican-less-than-one-year-ago/

Other records show Carson was also registered as an independent in Maryland. According to the Baltimore County Board of Elections, despite registering to vote in that county in 2001, Carson only voted in the general elections of 2004, 2006, 2008, 2010 and 2012 — and never in any primaries.

So does it matter that a leading contender for the Republican nomination for president officially became a Republican only a short time ago?

“You’ll never find a candidate that you agree with one hundred percent,” Texas tea party leader Katrina Pierson tells The American Mirror. “But, he should at least subscribe to your fundamental platform longer than six months prior to seeking to be your national leader.

“Six months prior to Dr. Carson’s announcement, his platform was void of top Republican primary issues including life, the second amendment, and God. It did, however, include sustainable development, social justice, and a 25% tax on all sporting events,” Pierson says, referring to the Independence Party of Florida.

The Carson campaign did not respond to an email seeking an explanation.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sinkspur

Re: Carson Became A Republican Less Than A Year Ago
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 12:25:14 am »
So, it appears the top two in GOP polls have been Republicans the shortest amount of time.  I'd be curious to know if Trump is a registered Republican, even now.

I wasn't going to ever vote for either of these two because they are completely unqualified for the Oval Office, and this is just one more reason.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2015, 12:34:34 am »
 :silly: Seriously, this really matters to anyone? A lot of Conservatives register as an Independent but vote solid Republican. Many here on this site call themselves as Independent, not wanting to yoke themselves to the Republican Party.   I see no harm in that at all. Naturally if your going to run as a Republican, you would make it official.
 Now if you said he sided with the Democrats a year ago, then you would have something, but one thing not in doubt is Carson's conservatism. He's the real deal - an economic, social, and foreign policy conservative. 
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2015, 12:37:08 am »
Trump has been a Republican since 2009.  He also was registered as a Democrat and Independent as well.  You do make a very valid point; both of the front runners for the Republican party have been "Republican" the least amount of time compared to the other candidates. Their appeal of course is their lack of political experience.  Pretty sad really, but true.  Trump is certainly not my first pick, but so far, like him or not, he has brought about some positives for the GOP.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2015, 12:41:36 am »

Doesn't bother me. It migh even be considered a plus.  :smokin:

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2015, 01:01:20 am »
:silly: Seriously, this really matters to anyone? A lot of Conservatives register as an Independent but vote solid Republican. Many here on this site call themselves as Independent, not wanting to yoke themselves to the Republican Party.   I see no harm in that at all. Naturally if your going to run as a Republican, you would make it official.
 Now if you said he sided with the Democrats a year ago, then you would have something, but one thing not in doubt is Carson's conservatism. He's the real deal - an economic, social, and foreign policy conservative.

But the reason he's running for President is his speech taking Obama to task at a prayer breakfast or some occasion.  The conservative media fawned over him because 1) he was black 2) he slapped Obama.   The man is a distinguished surgeon, but he is not a distinguished speaker and he's all over the place with his policies.  If you want him to change, just take exception to something he says, and he'll try to tailor his position.

Trump's running for president because he's bored.  Tired of The Apprentice, tired of running his businesses, entering his septuageniarian years, filty rich.  What's left?  Why the presidency, of course.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2015, 02:05:10 am »
But the reason he's running for President is his speech taking Obama to task at a prayer breakfast or some occasion.  The conservative media fawned over him because 1) he was black 2) he slapped Obama.   The man is a distinguished surgeon, but he is not a distinguished speaker and he's all over the place with his policies.  If you want him to change, just take exception to something he says, and he'll try to tailor his position.

Trump's running for president because he's bored.  Tired of The Apprentice, tired of running his businesses, entering his septuageniarian years, filty rich.  What's left?  Why the presidency, of course.

Turns out he [Trump] has been preparing to run - at least thinking seriously about it - since before 2000 when he wrote The Ameria We Deserve.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2015, 02:09:00 am »
Turns out he [Trump] has been preparing to run - at least thinking seriously about it - since before 2000 when he wrote The Ameria We Deserve.

Yeah. I've noticed all of Trump's political observations over the last 15 years.

Trump is running because he's bored, as I said. He's 70, he's got all the money he needs, so he wants to run the United States.  He's the ultimate narcissist.  Will he pull a Ross Perot and start talking crazy as his campaign goes on?

Offline raml

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2015, 05:04:44 am »
The only three I would even vote for are Trump, Carson or Ted Cruz anyone else as a republican candidate won't get my vote I will do a write in because the rest of those running are no better than any democrat running. I have only registered in Missouri and California when I lived there as a republican. When I lived in Michigan I just registered you didn't have to name a party to register there and that is where I actively worked for the party for many years. Many states are like that you do  not have to designate what party you prefer.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2015, 12:31:32 pm »
Trump has been a Republican since 2009.  He also was registered as a Democrat and Independent as well.  You do make a very valid point; both of the front runners for the Republican party have been "Republican" the least amount of time compared to the other candidates. Their appeal of course is their lack of political experience.  Pretty sad really, but true.  Trump is certainly not my first pick, but so far, like him or not, he has brought about some positives for the GOP.

Trump changed his mind 5 times.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2015, 01:26:01 pm »
Dr. Carson was previously registered with a minor political party: Independence Party of Florida (IDP).”

Yawn.....I guess when you cannot make a case FOR your canidate you are reduces to these sort of rumor-innuendo-hearsay attacks.

BORING and irrelvent

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2015, 01:41:31 pm »
There are a few things that are starting to become troubling for me about Carson (association with a MLM pill company is a big question mark for me on his judgement), but with this story, it is important to point out he actually came from the right, not the left, with this change. the Independent Party of Florida is pretty far to the right, Constitution Party level. It is associated with Alan Keyes American Independent Party.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2015, 04:10:24 pm »

Carson a conservative?  Carson a real deal?  We don't have a voting record to go by of course so, I'm not so sure how you can honestly conclude that so we have to go by his statements. By his statements on two very key issues; 2nd Amendment and Immigration, give me enough reason NOT to vote for him.  I would vote for him over Hillary, but there are a lot of candidates I don't particularly like that I would vote for over Hillary.

https://www.conservativereview.com/2016-presidential-candidates/candidates/ben-carson#article-13
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 04:12:39 pm by libertybele »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2015, 05:55:48 pm »
I will vote for whoever becomes the eventual Republican nominee, and state herewith that those who will not make such a commitment need it to be out front right now, so we can judge their reasoning accordingly.

Even more forthrightly, anybody that is unwilling to make such a commitment is a lousy whackobird, or worse.

In almost any election, any Republican is better than any democrat. It is an axiom.

Inability to grasp said concept, indicates math and logic challenges, possibly beyond treatment or repair in this election cycle. Cause: Possible overexposure to narrow but loud noises.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2015, 06:12:45 pm »
I will vote for whoever becomes the eventual Republican nominee, and state herewith that those who will not make such a commitment need it to be out front right now, so we can judge their reasoning accordingly.

Even more forthrightly, anybody that is unwilling to make such a commitment is a lousy whackobird, or worse.

In almost any election, any Republican is better than any democrat. It is an axiom.

Inability to grasp said concept, indicates math and logic challenges, possibly beyond treatment or repair in this election cycle. Cause: Possible overexposure to narrow but loud noises.

In the general election next November I will vote for the Republican nominee in every race on my ballot.  In the upcoming Republican primary I will vote for the most conservative candidate I  can find in every race on my ballot.

That is my declaration.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 06:13:28 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2015, 06:17:24 pm »

(are you trying to start a fight?)

Actually, I like this. But, instead of judging their reasons, let's just shun them outright! Bring out the pitchforks and torches!

^-^

Yes. I'm compelled to vote (any-R-will-do).

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2015, 06:21:47 pm »
(are you trying to start a fight?)

Sure, get it out in the open.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline libertybele

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2015, 06:47:54 pm »
Primary elections are a whole different ballgame than the General Election and  I vow to vote for the candidate with the most conservative record.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2015, 09:58:55 pm »
There are a few things that are starting to become troubling for me about Carson (association with a MLM pill company is a big question mark for me on his judgement), but with this story, it is important to point out he actually came from the right, not the left, with this change. the Independent Party of Florida is pretty far to the right, Constitution Party level. It is associated with Alan Keyes American Independent Party.

It will be interesting to see how many conservatives try to use this against him, since the party he came from was more conservative than the Republican party.

Not quite the same as coming from the Progressive Democrat party and now pretending to be a Republican......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Oceander

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2015, 03:22:00 am »
Seriously?  I'm registered as an independent; does that make me any the less of a republican in substance?  It's not like he was a card-carrying communist, I mean democrat (same difference) up until a year ago.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 03:22:38 am by Oceander »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2015, 04:17:14 am »

I guess you've called me out.

I will not vote for Donald Trump in a general election.  I will not vote for Hillary either, but I know you'll tell me that not voting for Trump means I'm voting for Hillary.

Trump IS Hillary, in just a different guise.  I have no illusions that he'll respect the democratic process and that, like Obama, he'll just do whatever the hell he wants. And, unrestrained, he'll revert to some of his old Democrat leanings.

Donald Trump is not a Republican nor is he conservative.