Author Topic: Refugees refusing to leave bus in 'too cold' Sweden to be removed  (Read 1505 times)

rangerrebew

Refugees refusing to leave bus in 'too cold' Sweden to be removed

Agence France-Presse in Stockholm

Wednesday 28 October 2015 22.18 EDT
Last modified on Wednesday 28 October 2015 22.20 EDT

Swedish authorities were called on Wednesday to remove a group of refugees who have refused to get off a bus after being taken to a village three days ago, saying it was “too cold” and isolated.

“There are 14 people inside and around the buses who don’t want to move into the [asylum] centre,” Migration Agency spokeswoman Maria Lofgren told AFP.
The Guardian view on Sweden and immigration: breaking point
Editorial: The reactionaries of the Sweden Democrats are exploiting Europe’s immigration crisis, and creating a political emergency in Stockholm
Read more

They were part of a group of 60 Syrians and Iraqis brought by bus on Sunday to Limedsforsen, close to the Norwegian border, to a village of wooden chalets where they were to stay while their asylum claims were assessed.

“The bus company has called the Swedish Enforcement Authority,” Lofgren said. The authority acts as bailiffs during evictions.

“We have asked for them to be evicted,” said the head of the Westin Buss transport company, Kenneth Johansson.

The group refusing to get off the bus have complained about being in a forest dozens of kilometres from the nearest town, and many of them have demanded to be taken to a big city, or even to Germany.

“It’s not totally in the middle of nowhere. There is a shop and buses,” Lofgren said.
The refugees were taken to Limedsforsen, close to Sweden’s border with Norway.

The Migration Agency says the country is receiving so many refugees – 10,000 a week – that structures set up to deal with them are being overwhelmed and it is beginning to erect tents to house some of the arrivals.

“With the number of arrivals continuing to increase, the accommodations we can find are further and further away from the big cities,” Lofgren said, adding that cases of people refusing their relocation sites were still rare.

Sweden, with a population of 9.8 million, expects to receive up to 190,000 asylum applications this year, putting it among the EU states with the highest proportion of refugees per capita as the continent struggles with a massive number of displaced people.

But the country’s long, dark winter, where temperatures can fall as low as -30C, is a major challenge for people moving from warmer climes.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/oct/29/refugees-refusing-leave-bus-too-cold-sweden-removed
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 11:49:34 am by rangerrebew »

Online mountaineer

Re: Refugees refusing to leave bus in 'too cold' Sweden to be removed
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 01:29:12 pm »
Leave them there. If they don't want to get off the bus, don't make them - but don't drive them somewhere else.

As for the "refugees" going on hunger strikes because they don't like the food, tough. Don't make them eat anything they don't want to and don't go crazy trying to prepare exactly what they want (this is not a restaurant, it's a refugee center) - but offer a free ticket back to their homeland instead.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline aligncare

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2015, 01:37:54 pm »
Leave them there. If they don't want to get off the bus, don't make them - but don't drive them somewhere else.

As for the "refugees" going on hunger strikes because they don't like the food, tough. Don't make them eat anything they don't want to and don't go crazy trying to prepare exactly what they want (this is not a restaurant, it's a refugee center) - but offer a free ticket back to their homeland instead.

I still don't understand why suddenly the map of Europe has to be redrawn rather than helping refugees survive in their own home country?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 01:38:57 pm by aligncare »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2015, 01:49:28 pm »

Let me reiterate. The cost and effort would surely be less to care for displaced people in there home region. Rather than reorder the culture and society in foreign European nations.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2015, 02:00:06 pm »
I'm glad we visited Sweden this past summer.   I have a feeling the country of my ancestry is going to be disappearing soon......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2015, 02:40:48 pm »
I still don't understand why suddenly the map of Europe has to be redrawn rather than helping refugees survive in their own home country?

It should be obvious that Western societies around the globe are under an assault designed to destroy their cultures.  Their 'leaders' all act against the best interests of their citizens, as if all are working from the same script.  How bad does it have to get before people wake up?

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline aligncare

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2015, 02:55:48 pm »
I'm glad we visited Sweden this past summer.   I have a feeling the country of my ancestry is going to be disappearing soon......
It's hard to fathom the left's urgency to seemingly erase nations and nationalities. It's all unicorns and butterflies on paper, but a bitch in practice. Mankind has always grouped itself by culture and language similarities. Which is why historically adventurers were always drawn to the allure of foreign lands. I'm not ready for mankind to give all that up.

An interesting read on culture and religion:

http://www.cultureandreligion.com/

"Culture defines the social forces within a community involving its conventions for behavior, ranging from food preparation techniques, to forms of entertainment that keep the community together like music or dancing, to dating rituals, and so on.

Religion defines how the community members interpret their role in the universe, with this teaching based on the local culture, so different religions rise out of different cultures. Similarly when members of one religion convert members of a foreign culture often the resulting religion in that area is affected by the host culture..."

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2015, 03:22:07 pm »
Mine too. I write the following to you as a musician....

Have you heard of the musical "Kristina From Duvemala," written by the two guys (Bjorn & Benny) from Abba? (They also wrote "Mama Mia.")

It is based on a four book series "The Emigrants" by Swedish Author Vilhelm Moberg.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Emigrants_(novels)

http://www.kristinathemusical.com/

Kristina is an historical fiction character, but based on people that actually migrated to Minnesota. The character Kristina is based loosely on my great grandmother's half sister (my half-great-great aunt?).

« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 03:45:22 pm by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

rangerrebew

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2015, 03:26:19 pm »
Again: Refugees refused to get off the bus - too much forest

Some thirty asylum seekers has made temperature in social media in Sweden on Monday.

Then it was known that since Sunday night the refugees had refused to get off two buses in Lima, where the Swedish Migration Board had intended to place them, writes Aftonbladet.

Lima is a village in Malung-Sälen municipality in Dalarna.

The Swedish Migration Board arrived at the scene at 20 o'clock last night.

- We explained that this is the accommodation we have to offer, that we have no more places and that there is hot food, beds and cabins to all. But despite that, most chose to remain on the buses.

- They think it is the middle of the forest and that it is uncomfortable with so much forest, says Matilda Niang in the Swedish Migration Board to Aftonbladet.

They wanted to stay more central.

The refugees came by bus from more central Orsa and Sweden's capital Stockholm.

The Swedish authorities do not intend to comply with the desire to be located in more central areas.

- If they want us to help, this is what we can offer. Otherwise they will have to arrange for their own housing, says Matilda Niang.

This is not the first time this has happened, and there have been several similar incidents. Perhaps the most famous one is when 30 Syrians who immigrated illegally to Sweden to seek asylum and who occupied a bus outside Östersund, came with this statement: "We are Arabs. We can't stay where it is this kind of weather.", as they refused to be placed in snowy Östersund.

The incident has again upset people in Sweden, as it is a country with snow and forests, and refugees should just be grateful to get shelter in a peaceful country, as they claim to have fled war.

http://speisa.com/modules/articles/index.php/item.2136/again-refugees-refused-to-get-off-the-bus-too-much-forest.html
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 03:27:03 pm by rangerrebew »

Online mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2015, 04:17:04 pm »
Germany is one of favorite destinations, but we will not be returning anytime soon.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

rangerrebew

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2015, 06:43:26 pm »
Refugees refuse beds at Swedish holiday park

Published: 26 Oct 2015 10:28 GMT+01:00
Updated: 26 Oct 2015 17:00 GMT+01:00

More than 30 asylum seekers refused to get off a bus that took them to temporary accommodation at a holiday park on Sunday night because they didn't want to stay in such a rural location, Sweden's Migration Board has told The Local.

Sweden doubles refugee arrival forecast for 2015 (22 Oct 15)

Click here to read the latest on the stand-off

Two buses packed with refugees arrived at the park in Lima in west Sweden on Sunday, but around 30 passengers initially refused to disembark.

Charlotte Jacobsson, a press spokesperson for Sweden's Migration Board (Migrationsverket) confirmed to The Local that a number of the asylum seekers had felt uncomfortable being surrounded by so much forest.

"Yes, that is the information we had from some people," she said.

She explained that one of the buses had travelled to the holiday park from Stockholm, some 390km south of the park in Dalarna, while the other had arrived from elsewhere in the region.

"We had a situation where people didn't want to leave the bus (...) we sent some of our staff there overnight to provide more information," she added.

Jacobsson said that the Migration Board understood that some of the refugees had since accepted places inside the holiday park, which has space for 50 individuals, but added that others remained unhappy with their new temporary home.

Some of the travellers are understood to have spent the entire night on the bus.

Sweden's Social Democrat-led government has been pushing municipalities across Sweden to take in more refugees in recent weeks amid a nationwide shortage of accommodation for a record numbers of new arrivals.

Jacobsson described the current stretched resources as a "drastic situation" and said it remained unclear whether or not the asylum seekers could be offered alternative accommodation elsewhere in the country.

The protest from the refugees is not the first of its kind in the Nordic nation.

In the most high profile case in January, some 40 asylum seekers initially refused to get off a bus in Östersund in rural northern Sweden.

"We were coming to an area in the middle of the forest we know nothing about, just snow and wind and nothing else," Esam Taha, one of the Syrian refugees aboard the bus recently told The Local.

But he said that he had gone on to make good friends in the area and planned to stick around.

"This city is a small city and a quiet city, and the people here are really, really nice and I like it, but it's a big problem to find an apartment," he explained.

Sweden's Migration Board said last week that the total number of refugee arrivals in 2015 could reach 190,000.

http://www.thelocal.se/20151026/refugees-refuse-beds-at-swedish-holiday-home
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 06:44:33 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2015, 06:46:28 pm »
Refugees?  Refugees?  Don't they mean ungrateful muzzies?  I guess they are too afraid to use the term muslims. :scared smiley:

Offline flowers

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2015, 07:03:13 pm »
Refugees?  Refugees?  Don't they mean ungrateful muzzies?  I guess they are too afraid to use the term muslims. :scared smiley:
One of my major pet peeves. Them using those types of descriptions for the shariaterrorist.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2015, 07:45:11 pm »
Mine too. I write the following to you as a musician....

Have you heard of the musical "Kristina From Duvemala," written by the two guys (Bjorn & Benny) from Abba? (They also wrote "Mama Mia.")

It is based on a four book series "The Emigrants" by Swedish Author Vilhelm Moberg.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Emigrants_(novels)

http://www.kristinathemusical.com/

Kristina is an historical fiction character, but based on people that actually migrated to Minnesota. The character Kristina is based loosely on my great grandmother's half sister (my half-great-great aunt?).

REALLY???  That's fantastic!  I have read The Emigrants, and Unto a Good Land, and loved them both.  I didn't know there were two more in the series.

I lived in MN for 6 years and loved that their destination was Stillwater!

I haven't heard of the musical.......... until NOW.  :laugh:   I'll check it out.  (Do any of the songs sound like "Dancing Queen?"   :dx1:)

Thanks for the info, truth_seeker.  I'm always looking and listening for new stuff to absorb.......... especially from my homeland!

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2015, 07:49:29 pm »
It's hard to fathom the left's urgency to seemingly erase nations and nationalities. It's all unicorns and butterflies on paper, but a bitch in practice. Mankind has always grouped itself by culture and language similarities. Which is why historically adventurers were always drawn to the allure of foreign lands. I'm not ready for mankind to give all that up.

An interesting read on culture and religion:

http://www.cultureandreligion.com/

"Culture defines the social forces within a community involving its conventions for behavior, ranging from food preparation techniques, to forms of entertainment that keep the community together like music or dancing, to dating rituals, and so on.

Religion defines how the community members interpret their role in the universe, with this teaching based on the local culture, so different religions rise out of different cultures. Similarly when members of one religion convert members of a foreign culture often the resulting religion in that area is affected by the host culture..."

Fascinating, aligncare.  On our trip I specifically went to my grandparents and great-grandparents' birthplaces to get a sense of who I was.  It was so weird, because I felt so connected to the people, even though I'm not even sure I have relatives left there.  I really felt like I was "home." (Even though I'm completely American!)

I hate to see the culture that my grandparents brought to these shores being decimated by an invasion.  I hope they ALL leave because it's too cold.   **nononono*

Offline musiclady

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2015, 07:50:33 pm »
Germany is one of favorite destinations, but we will not be returning anytime soon.

Germany is in worse shape than Sweden.  And the worst thing is that this destruction is being done with the blessing of these countries' "leaders."

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2015, 12:27:26 am »
GourmetDan asks a good question:
"Their 'leaders' all act against the best interests of their citizens, as if all are working from the same script.  How bad does it have to get before people wake up?"

It will have to get pretty bad. By the time it gets that "bad", non-radical solutions will no longer be possible.

Yet no matter how bad it gets, don't expect the current crop of "mainstream" leaders to do anything about it. The only actions they take will make matters worse.

It will be up to the extreme right -- those guys who wear the matching shirts -- to finally step forward and take appropriate action.

And they will be voted into office by populations who have had their fill of the left, moderates, and... the so-called "conservatives". They'll ALL be tossed out to be replaced by the far-right.

I know what you're thinking. Something along the line of "didn't we go to war in the 1940's to defeat governments like that in Europe?"

Yes, we once did. But this time, if "the new right" doesn't get the nod to take the actions required to expel the muslims from Europe, we'll be going back there again -- this time, not to fight against the facists, but to fight beside them to drive islam back into its cage.