Author Topic: Gohmert: Heritage's Demint, Former Speaker Gingrich Pressured Conservative to Back Ryan  (Read 740 times)

Offline Paladin

Interesting. I had no idea about Jim Demint's role in promoting Ryan as Speaker.

"In this interview, Rep. Louie Gohmert explains that some conservatives were persuaded to support Paul Ryan for Speaker after phone calls with GOP Bigfeet Gingrich and Demint.

It sounds like two-dimensional thriller-stuff, but I guess that's how it's done.   

As Gohmert notes, it is Demint's role that is most shocking. That is, here we see a leader of a flagship conservative think tank pressuring conservatives to abandon conservative principles to support pro-amnesty Ryan.

Why the surrender on core conservative issues -- issues, I am assuming, Heritage itself has advanced and defended? Is this more donor-mania? To be sure, the process is perverted.

The conservative House members on the other end of the telephone line, of course, didn't have to be persuaded. But (sigh) precious few take their conservative principles as seriously as Louie Gohmert.

It is a difficult thing to expose the machinations of the powerful. There are undoubtedly unpleasant consequences. But it is such machinations above all -- the fix and the fixers -- that belong in the light.

Thank you, Louie Gohmert, for shining a light in a dark time."

http://dianawest.net/Home/tabid/36/EntryId/3174/Gohmert-Heritages-Demint-Former-Speaker-Gingrich-Pressured-Conservative-to-Back-Ryan.aspx

Interview at link. Curious stuff.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.