Author Topic: No ‘Saturday Night Live’ for Ben Carson: ‘The presidency of the United States is a very serious thing’  (Read 609 times)

rangerrebew

No ‘Saturday Night Live’ for Ben Carson: ‘The presidency of the United States is a very serious thing’
BY Cameron Joseph
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Friday, October 23, 2015, 5:15 PM

The GOP presidential front-runner and former neurosurgeon said he won't do “Saturday Night Live,” a rite of passage for many White House contenders.

WASHINGTON — Ben Carson apparently isn't a Lorne Michaels fan.

The front-runner for the GOP presidential nomination and former neurosurgeon said he won't do “Saturday Night Live,” a rite of passage for many White House contenders.

"I think the presidency of the United States is a very serious thing," the retired neurosurgeon said during an interview with Bloomberg Politics. "I don't even want to begin to put it in the lightness of comedy."
Hillary Clinton, the Democratic presidential front-runner, appears Oct. 3 in a skit with Kate McKinnon on “Saturday Night Live.”
Previous Next

Hillary Clinton, the Democratic presidential front-runner, appears Oct. 3 in a skit with Kate McKinnon on “Saturday Night Live.” For editorial use only. Additional clearance required for commercial or promotional use, contact your local office for assistance. Any commercial or promotional use of NBCUniversal content requires NBCUniversal's prior written consent. No book publishing w

Enlarge
NBC
Hillary Clinton, the Democratic presidential front-runner, appears Oct. 3 in a skit with Kate McKinnon on “Saturday Night Live.”

That sets him apart from businessman Donald Trump, who's set to host the long-running comedy on Nov. 7, as well as Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton, who recently appeared on the show.

Carson has leapt ahead of Trump in recent polls of early voting Iowa, and is edging closer to him in national surveys. But he indicated he wasn't looking to fight with the fiery former reality show star.

"My personal interactions have shown him to be a gentleman," Carson said. "I think there's another element sometimes when he's on camera."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/ben-carson-won-saturday-night-live-article-1.2409145
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 09:40:26 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Heck, even old sourpuss Richard Millhouse Nixon did SNL(didn't he?).

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sinkspur

Neither one of these men belong anywhere near the presidency and this "story of the day" proves why.

Instead of policy, it's whether or not one should appear on a late night television show.

Could either of them possibly be any less serious?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline LottieDah

"Heck, even old sourpuss Richard Millhouse Nixon did SNL(didn't he?)."

SNL debuted in 1975.  Nixon was on Laugh In.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Heck, even old sourpuss Richard Millhouse Nixon did SNL(didn't he?).

Laugh-In (Richard and Martin Rowan)......sock-it-to-me, sock-it-to-me!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Neither one of these men belong anywhere near the presidency and this "story of the day" proves why.

Instead of policy, it's whether or not one should appear on a late night television show.

Could either of them possibly be any less serious?

Geez, Sink!

It's not like Ben Carson calls up the networks or CNN and proffers a remark or comment on SNL.

They respond to questions.

Blame the media, not the candidates.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Oceander

Nixon was on Laugh In.

How very appropriate, in retrospect.

Offline sinkspur

Geez, Sink!

It's not like Ben Carson calls up the networks or CNN and proffers a remark or comment on SNL.

It's just one more goofy thing Carson responds to.  I got lots of reasons why Ben Carson is not a serious candidate.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
"Heck, even old sourpuss Richard Millhouse Nixon did SNL(didn't he?)."

SNL debuted in 1975.  Nixon was on Laugh In.
Thanks for the correction. (You noted my ?)

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline musiclady

Geez, Sink!

Seriously!  Totally agree.  If a candidate is going to be called not Presidential material because he/she responds to this, perhaps one's whitey tighties are on too tightie....   :smokin:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

rangerrebew

Laugh-In (Richard and Martin Rowan)......sock-it-to-me, sock-it-to-me!

You bet your sweet bippy!