Author Topic: 'Merry Christmas,' Trump declares  (Read 9695 times)

Online libertybele

Re: 'Merry Christmas,' Trump declares
« Reply #150 on: October 26, 2015, 01:57:50 am »
No.  It was the American electorate, all those fair weather "conservative" friends who refused to vote because McCain and Romney didn't pass their single-issue litmus test, who gave Obama two terms.

I voted my conscious instead of voting for someone who I thought would take this country down a path of destruction.  I voted for who I thought was the best candidate for our country.  Interesting that you "assume" that I disliked a particular candidate based on one single issue...sorry, but that's absolutely asinine.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #151 on: October 26, 2015, 02:00:55 am »

Amazing how you condemned us as "haters" for simply expressing dislike for Trump but not saying why, and now you condemn me for stepping up to the plate and saying why, and try to dodge the issue by now claiming that I dislike Trump for being able to read the public!  And that right after I just said that it bothers me that no one in the GOP seems to be able to explain why republican values are better values to the public.  In other words, what I want is precisely someone who can read the public.  All I want in addition is someone who (a) has a demonstrated adherence to republican/conservative values, and (b) the ability - and willingness - to explain those values to the public he can read instead of bullying people like Dr. Carson who are supposed to be on the same political side.

Get a grip.

I said "a lot of people" - I never condemned you Oceander.  I'm not going to argue with you because life's too short to spend doing such things.  You have your opinions and I have mine.  I hope you get what you want in a candidate, I haven't in a really long time.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Oceander

« Reply #152 on: October 26, 2015, 02:01:21 am »
I voted my conscious instead of voting for someone who I thought would take this country down a path of destruction.  I voted for who I thought was the best candidate for our country.  Interesting that you "assume" that I disliked a particular candidate based on one single issue...sorry, but that's absolutely asinine.

Can I assume that you're of at least average intelligence and have been around the world long enough to know what happens to third parties in American politics?

Good.  Then I can assume that you knew very well that voting your conscience was tantamount to not voting at all because the only thing it did was take a vote away from the one candidate who could have beaten Obama, if given enough votes.  In other words, you can dress it up in whatever you like, put as much lipstick on it as you like, but that cannot disguise the fact that voting your conscience is nothing more or less than a cop-out.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #153 on: October 26, 2015, 02:02:35 am »

"Ignore" - who knew!  Right!

I couldn't even remember how to use it.  If I had, I would have saved myself from reading a lot of crap today.

Fortunately, I have the discipline not to read what I'm ignoring.  ^-^

(btw, I have no doubt he'll come to his senses some time, but I doubt it will be on this thread).
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Oceander

« Reply #154 on: October 26, 2015, 02:03:04 am »
I said "a lot of people" - I never condemned you Oceander.  I'm not going to argue with you because life's too short to spend doing such things.  You have your opinions and I have mine.  I hope you get what you want in a candidate, I haven't in a really long time.

Sorry but yes, you have.  I dislike Trump intensely and have made no bones about it.  I belong securely within the group of people who are being called "haters" here because we dislike Trump.  I have taken it upon myself to make that association clear with the avatar image I have adopted for the nonce.  So if you knock the "haters" then you're knocking me.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #155 on: October 26, 2015, 02:03:40 am »
If you are wondering where your post is sink I deleted it...I've asked and asked for civility here and I am getting tired of threatening.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline aligncare

« Reply #156 on: October 26, 2015, 02:05:11 am »
A lot of people dislike Trump for his shrewd ability to read the public - today's voters are used to reality shows and celebrities.  Like it or not, Carson's religion may very well be a sticking point for a lot of people.  You yourself have shown a disdain for certain social conservatives that try to tell the rest of us how to live.  I have heard people mock people who believe the earth was created 6000 years ago in one week's time.  If I was a candidate running against someone that shared those beliefs - I'd probably want the word to get out too.  Better now than later. 

Frankly, there are things that make me uneasy about Ben Carson - and here's another crazy thought of mine.  The "establishment" wants to get rid of Trump and they've made no secret of it.  It's obvious to me that Carly was used to try to take him down in the big kid's debate after he said that about her face.  She was given a forum to take him down - but when it didn't work - she was pretty much cast aside.  Carson is the new guy to take Trump down and Trump isn't going to stand idly by and let it happen if he can help it.

Which is interesting because Carson first brought up Islam and Koran as incompatible with constitutional principles.  :pondering:

I always get a little uncomfortable when I hear pols bringing up religion. Mixing politics and religion is dicey business. But, faithful people working in politics is something else. I'm comfortable with that and would love to see more.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #157 on: October 26, 2015, 02:12:47 am »
If you are wondering where your post is sink I deleted it...I've asked and asked for civility here and I am getting tired of threatening.

LOL!!  OUt  of  all the overheated posts put up on this forum  over the  last month, and you pick mine to delete.   I  don't even remember what it was about.

I have known for a very  long time that you don't want me on  this forum and that you have been hoping I'd just go away.

Well, you get your wish..    Like Lando Lincoln and Luis Gonzales, I guess  I've worn out my welcome.

Goodbye.. It was fun while it lasted.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #158 on: October 26, 2015, 02:14:12 am »
My God, you are one paranoid person.

YOu actually think Ben Carson is being pimped by the GOP "establishment" to try to take down your orangutan-haired septuagenarian?

I happen to think creationists are nuts. There is no scientific evidence to support their claims.  But I also think the Presbyterian Church USA--to which Trump professes to belong--is a house organ for the Democrat Party.

The Democrat Party, to which Trump professed adherence until the day before yesterday.

I don't think Trump OR Carson are qualified to be president.   But at least Carson is trying to be courteous and gentlemanly.  Trump is acting like a juvenile bully toward Carson, as he acts toward ANYBODY  who stand  in his way..

You Trumproids are putting your chips on a guy who has never espoused  a conservative idea in his life until he decided, out of boredom, to run  for president.

IOW, a sucker..

Here is your post sink...to top it off it was directed at a member of the TBR staff....tell me why it isn't insulting?
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online libertybele

« Reply #159 on: October 26, 2015, 02:14:29 am »
Can I assume that you're of at least average intelligence and have been around the world long enough to know what happens to third parties in American politics?

Good.  Then I can assume that you knew very well that voting your conscience was tantamount to not voting at all because the only thing it did was take a vote away from the one candidate who could have beaten Obama, if given enough votes.  In other words, you can dress it up in whatever you like, put as much lipstick on it as you like, but that cannot disguise the fact that voting your conscience is nothing more or less than a cop-out.

I worked diligently to help with a campaign; so why on earth would I vote for someone else that I didn't like?  Secondly, again you are assuming who I voted for or didn't vote for.  I have no problem voting for who I think is the best candidate...if everyone was to vote their conscious Obama would have never gotten into office the first time around.  I see NOT voting your conscious as the cop-out.  You are of course entitled to your opinion as am I.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Oceander

« Reply #160 on: October 26, 2015, 02:16:07 am »
I worked diligently to help with a campaign; so why on earth would I vote for someone else that I didn't like?  Secondly, again you are assuming who I voted for or didn't vote for.  I have no problem voting for who I think is the best candidate...if everyone was to vote their conscious Obama would have never gotten into office the first time around.  I see NOT voting your conscious as the cop-out.  You are of course entitled to your opinion as am I.

Nope.  You have no right to assume that you were the only person who voted your conscience.  It takes an ego the size of Trump's - or Obama's - to aggrandize yourself to that extent.

The problem isn't that nobody else voted their conscience, the problem is that too many people have ill-informed consciences.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #161 on: October 26, 2015, 02:16:30 am »
LOL!!  OUt  of  all the overheated posts put up on this forum  over the  last month, and you pick mine to delete.   I  don't even remember what it was about.

I have known for a very  long time that you don't want me on  this forum and that you have been hoping I'd just go away.

Well, you get your wish..    Like Lando Lincoln and Luis Gonzales, I guess  I've worn out my welcome.

Goodbye.. It was fun while it lasted.

I asked you privately to stop using that term and you agreed..it doesn't help matters here to insult members who like Trump.
Support the USO

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #162 on: October 26, 2015, 02:23:25 am »
Here is your post sink...to top it off it was directed at a member of the TBR staff....tell me why it isn't insulting?

How am I to know  who's a member of "TBR staff"??      You don't  share that stuff with us.

As I said, you have tolerated an  unbelivable  number of questionable posts.   But I guess it was the "Trumproids" comment you didn't like, and that deserves a pull.

There's not  a damned thing that's insulting in that post except maybe "Trumproids" (a term I picked up from National Review) and "suckers." 

I've long suspected you have  a major problem with me,, even though  I  come here maybe three or  four times a week.

DC  Patriot told a poster to "kiss my ass"" today. Did you pull that?

Fine. YOu  want me to  leave,  I''ll leave.

Oceander

« Reply #163 on: October 26, 2015, 02:24:53 am »
How am I to know  who's a member of "TBR staff"??      You don't  share that stuff with us.

As I said, you have tolerated an  unbelivable  number of questionable posts.   But I guess it was the "Trumproids" comment you didn't like, and that deserves a pull.

There's not  a damned thing that's insulting in that post except maybe "Trumproids" (a term I picked up from National Review) and "suckers." 

I've long suspected you have  a major problem with me,, even though  I  come here maybe three or  four times a week.

Geez Sinkspur, are you going to take your ball and go home, too?

Come on, you're better than that.

As far as Myst goes - we're all making her life hard right now, the 'oids and the 'aters, so cut her some slack.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #164 on: October 26, 2015, 02:25:40 am »
I asked you privately to stop using that term and you agreed..it doesn't help matters here to insult members who like Trump.

OMG!  I got that term from National  Review and Kevin  Williamson,  a respected writer on that site.

You are so selective  in your outrage.  How does a poster tell another poster to "kiss my ass" and nothing happens?

Oceander

« Reply #165 on: October 26, 2015, 02:26:51 am »
OMG!  I got that term from National  Review and Kevin  Williamson,  a respected writer on that site.

You are so selective  in your outrage.  How does a poster tell another poster to "kiss my ass" and nothing happens?

Probably because you didn't file a moderator report about it.  I wouldn't worry about it.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #166 on: October 26, 2015, 02:27:05 am »

I would have loved to have seen that pulled when he said it to me.  It's the main reason I had to put him on ignore.  I didn't know if he would escalate and had no idea what he'd say next.   

All I did was ask him to "please stop,' and he got even angrier.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #167 on: October 26, 2015, 02:27:15 am »

Geez Sinkspur, are you going to take your ball and go home, too?

Come on, you're better than that.

As far as Myst goes - we're all making her life hard right now, the 'oids and the 'aters, so cut her some slack.

""Trumproid"  a term used by Kevin Williamson on NR  is veboten, but  DCPatriot can tell  musiclady to "kiss my ass" and nothing happens.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #168 on: October 26, 2015, 02:28:35 am »
Probably because you didn't file a moderator report about it.  I wouldn't worry about it.

I should have filed a report.

I don't like "telling" on people.......... especially good people......... but I should have reported that, I guess....

Oceander

« Reply #169 on: October 26, 2015, 02:28:41 am »
""Trumproid"  a term used by Kevin Williamson on NR  is veboten, but  DCPatriot can tell  musiclady to "kiss my ass" and nothing happens.

Probably because nobody tattled to the moderators about it.  Relax.  In case you haven't noticed, this isn't National Review (take that however you wish).

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #170 on: October 26, 2015, 02:29:23 am »

No I don't want you to leave..you know that...

Mods here want to remain anonymous..if they choose to out themselves that is fine to....

I do not read every thread..every written word....if you have a problem with something..notify me and I will look into it.
Support the USO

Oceander

« Reply #171 on: October 26, 2015, 02:30:09 am »
I should have filed a report.

I don't like "telling" on people.......... especially good people......... but I should have reported that, I guess....

I don't think so, but that's because I'm a nasty piece of work m'self.

And as far as one member complaining because another member isn't disciplined for calling yet a third member a name, I think that first member should stick to his knitting and not worry.  If the member who was called the name doesn't find it sufficiently objectionable to file a report with the moderators, then I think other members should respect that choice.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #172 on: October 26, 2015, 02:30:24 am »

I counted 7 paragraphs in that post. As usual sink you have to take a connecting flight just to get to the point. Just say it - suckers!

But, that's not a good argument in politics. If it were, no one would seriously consider voting for Hillary.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #173 on: October 26, 2015, 02:32:33 am »

So somebody filed a moderator report about "Trumproid" but not about "kiss my ass"?  I don''t really care what anybody says,  I just don't  like selective justice. I guess I'll  have to be more careful about what terms I  borrow from friggin' NATIONAL REVIEW!!!!!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #174 on: October 26, 2015, 02:32:54 am »
I don't think so, but that's because I'm a nasty piece of work m'self.

And as far as one member complaining because another member isn't disciplined for calling yet a third member a name, I think that first member should stick to his knitting and not worry.  If the member who was called the name doesn't find it sufficiently objectionable to file a report with the moderators, then I think other members should respect that choice.

Ummmm............. I THINK I follow that.  ^-^

I don't even think of reporting people here, but I think now that I should have made an exception after that vile post.

Hindsight, you know......