Author Topic: John Kerry: Bar Global Warming Skeptics From Elected Office  (Read 992 times)

Offline Paladin

John Kerry: Bar Global Warming Skeptics From Elected Office
« on: October 22, 2015, 05:54:22 am »
Ban skeptics from office, prosecute them as a criminal conspiracy. The GW/CC crowd are just the nicest of people.

"Secretary of State John Kerry says that global warming skeptics should be disqualified from "high public office." By all means, Secretary Kerry, let's allow you to unilaterally set the eligibility requirements for elected officials. We'll just turn it all over to you and your astute judgment.

Here's the gaseous statement that elicited our playground response, made Wednesday by Kerry from his Climate and Clean Energy Investment Forum, as recorded by Talk Radio News Service:

"But when I hear a United States senator say, 'I'm not a scientist so I can't make a judgment,' or a candidate for president for that matter, I'm absolutely astounded. I mean, it's incomprehensible that a grownup who has been to high school and college in the United States of America disqualifies themselves because they're not a scientist when they've learned that the Earth rotates on its axis, but they're not a scientist; where they've learned that the sun rises in the east and sets in the west, and it does so 24 hours a day; and you can run the list of things that we know science tells us happens, and we accept it every single day.

"And to suggest that when more than 6,000-plus peer-reviewed studies of the world's best scientists all lay out that this is happening and mankind is contributing to it, it seems to me that they disqualify themselves fundamentally from high public office with those kinds of statements."

http://news.investors.com/blogs-capital-hill/102115-776750-john-kerry-climate-change-deniers-should-be-barred-from-office.htm
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline aligncare

Re: John Kerry: Bar Global Warming Skeptics From Elected Office
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2015, 10:28:01 am »

Thank God, you (Kerry), were disqualified for office by voters in '04.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2015, 10:44:10 am »
Hey, Gore has made millions selling carbon credits to the ill informed.... Kerry is just setting the foundation to play the pied piper...

Offline aligncare

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2015, 11:04:21 am »
Hey, Gore has made millions selling carbon credits to the ill informed.... Kerry is just setting the foundation to play the pied piper...

Say, Ed, how does it feel to be told by certain members here that Donald Trump is playing you for a fool?

I had to laugh at that one. They'll say anything. No lie, no innuendo, no smear is too outrageous in their effort to stop Trump.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2015, 12:24:03 pm »
Say, Ed, how does it feel to be told by certain members here that Donald Trump is playing you for a fool?

I had to laugh at that one. They'll say anything. No lie, no innuendo, no smear is too outrageous in their effort to stop Trump.

Well, there are a couple of posters on TBR that strike me as paid GOPe bloggers.. :)

We have basically two kinds of people, those that "live to work" and those that "work to live" and we used to accept that we needed both to make our society and economy work.
The last 10-20 years somewhere is was decided that we no longer needed those that "work to live" and we all have to "live to work" and there has been an enormous amount of animosity come out of it.
For the most part, some of us that "work to live" really do not like the others but are jealous of their success for a whole host of reasons, one of which is their perceived abuse of the system and the appearance that without the abuse, they would not have success. 

I would submit that no one on TBR knows Donald Trump, or any of the other candidates for that matter, so any personal characterization of a candidate is pure speculation based on diatribe they find on the web that appeals to their personal viewpoint.

So, to finally answer your question.. :)
I will continue to gather credible info, discard the unreliable and hopefully make a sane decision when I pull the lever in November..

Online mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2015, 01:43:27 pm »
But when I hear a United States senator say, 'I'm not a scientist so I can't make a judgment,' or a candidate for president for that matter, I'm absolutely astounded. I mean, it's incomprehensible  ...
I feel the same way when I hear a politician say the child growing in the womb isn't human, but I don't suppose Lurch has a problem with that unscientific view of things.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2015, 01:49:45 pm »
"Secretary of State John Kerry says that global warming skeptics should be disqualified from "high public office." By all means, Secretary Kerry, let's allow you to unilaterally set the eligibility requirements for elected officials. We'll just turn it all over to you and your astute judgment.

Apparently 'global warming skeptics' rank lower than 'muslim presidential candidates' on Kerry's scale...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2015, 02:03:46 pm »
Well, there are a couple of posters on TBR that strike me as paid GOPe bloggers.. :)

I think they are down a couple from where they were...    :silly:

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Paladin

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2015, 05:54:36 pm »
I feel the same way when I hear a politician say the child growing in the womb isn't human, but I don't suppose Lurch has a problem with that unscientific view of things.

Recall when Obama was asked by Rick Warren as to when human life begins, he stated such an issue was above his pay grade? Warren should have followed up by asking Obama that since he was unsure, why didn't he err on the side of caution? He didn't do so, of course.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.