Author Topic: Trump: where’s my Secret Service protection?  (Read 742 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Trump: where’s my Secret Service protection?
« on: October 14, 2015, 08:44:50 pm »
Trump: where’s my Secret Service protection?
Jazz Shaw

The Donald gave a wide ranging interview to The Hill yesterday which was particularly notable for one comment he made about the Secret Service. Since he’s the frontrunner by a wide margin, where is his detail?

Donald Trump on Tuesday said the Secret Service should be giving him protection — andhe suggested partisan politics might be why the agency isn’t providing it.

In a 90-minute interview with The Hill, the Republican presidential front-runner pointed out that he has attracted large crowds just like Barack Obama did eight years ago as a White House candidate and that by this point in the 2008 cycle, the Illinois senator had Secret Service protection.

Trump doesn’t, and he’s not happy about it.

“I want to put them on notice because they should have a liability,” he said. “Personally, I think if Obama were doing as well as me he would’ve had Secret Service [earlier]. I have by far the biggest crowds.”

more at:

http://hotair.com/archives/2015/10/14/trump-wheres-my-secret-service-protection/

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline famousdayandyear

Re: Trump: where’s my Secret Service protection?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2015, 08:57:27 pm »
Trump should keep his private detail.  Probably better trained, more experienced, battle-hardened personnel who could put some whoop-ass on the SS (as it is administered now).

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2015, 09:18:06 pm »
The Secret Service is authorized by law to protect major party presidential candidates beginning 120 days before the general election.

It's why no one has SS protection yet apart from Her Thighness - she rates it since Bill has lifetime protection (served as President prior to 1997) which spills on to her.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online libertybele

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2015, 09:27:06 pm »
All the candidates need SS protection with Hillary running ... she doesn't like to lose. :whistle:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2015, 10:23:15 pm »
He is rich, he doesn't need SS protection.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2015, 10:29:23 pm »
He should have his own 'Blackwater' firm.  But, that's scary in its own right.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2015, 10:44:49 pm »
The Secret Service is authorized by law to protect major party presidential candidates beginning 120 days before the general election.

It's why no one has SS protection yet apart from Her Thighness - she rates it since Bill has lifetime protection (served as President prior to 1997) which spills on to her.

An interesting side-note about that:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama_presidential_primary_campaign,_2008

"On May 3, 2007, citing no specific threat but motivated by the large volume of hate mail directed at the candidate, Secretary of Homeland Security Michael Chertoff announced that the United States Secret Service would provide protection for the campaign, including bodyguards for Obama and other services/resources similar to those employed for the safety of the President of the United States, albeit on a proportionally smaller level. Normally, presidential candidates are not offered Secret Service protection until early February of election year; this was the earliest protection had ever been granted."

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2015, 10:53:32 pm »
He should have his own 'Blackwater' firm.  But, that's scary in its own right.

Given Trump's history it will be bankrupt in a matter of time.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2015, 10:58:50 pm »
I remember that, Alice. Mainly because McCain refused a protective detail point blank until the usual 120 days. Don't like the guy (foreign policy and the military is not a therapy tool for him!) but respected that call.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2015, 11:13:51 pm »

Given Trump's history it will be bankrupt in a matter of time.

Thanks so much for Matt Damon.  It's perfect!   :laugh:

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2015, 06:36:35 am »
Does Trump know the history of American populist politicians?  Does he know who Arthur Bremer, Carl Weiss, John Schrank, or Gene "Chip" Tatum are?  Perhaps he has reason to be frightened.