Author Topic: Donald Trump:  (Read 10211 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Donald Trump:
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2015, 07:41:39 pm »
How can regular Americans break through, then?  How can we, the majority of Americans, D and R, be heard? Support more GOP pablum? More Hillary DNC tripe? Or, do we grasp at one of the only voices who is saying ENOUGH!

Decades go by and nothing changes. So, some of us are saying ENOUGH.

Cruz, Carson, Trump, Fiorina 2016. Deal with it.

1. Be prepared to play the long game.

2. It will take real strategy, not just electing a President

3. It will take sacrifices most aren't willing to make

4. It will not come by conventional thinking

5. It will require some ruthlessness

6. It will not be easy nor can it be done by one rogue lone gun

7. It will require everyone to be vigilant and take action to preserve and restore their freedom, it cannot be done by proxy

8. It will require a great deal of effort and money
The Republic is lost.

bkepley

« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2015, 07:43:10 pm »
Indeed. Especially for those of us who grew up watching Jimmy Brown on our little black and white Philcos......   **nononono*

Jim Brown was something to see.  I've never seen another like him.  Earl Cambell was close I guess.  One of those black comedians of the 70's did this thing where he was a defender hanging on to Brown's back saying "Please Jim..fall down..my wife and kids are watching...etc".  He would just knock down one guy after another.

bkepley

« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2015, 07:45:34 pm »

7. It will require everyone to be vigilant and take action to preserve and restore their freedom, it cannot be done by proxy

The country will eventually be crushed under a mountain of debt anyway.  The voters are just as corrupt as the pols.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2015, 07:50:41 pm »
The country will eventually be crushed under a mountain of debt anyway.  The voters are just as corrupt as the pols.

Sadly, you are correct. We are past the debt red line where we can come back from it without significant pain.

If people want to really make a difference, stop worrying about what's going on in DC and get your state in order. A strong and effective state govt will be necessary when DC runs out of money and is too impotent to manage the nation's affairs.

That and L2A - Learn to Live Amish.
The Republic is lost.

bkepley

« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2015, 08:44:17 pm »
Good post.

(But you want real 'futility?'..... try being a Browns' fan for a season...  :shrug: )

Browns win. :)

Offline musiclady

« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2015, 08:58:13 pm »
Browns win. :)

I know!!  Beat the Ravens in OT.  It's a MIRACLE!!   :laugh:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2015, 09:32:18 pm »
I know!!  Beat the Ravens in OT.  It's a MIRACLE!!   :laugh:

All of us Patriots fans love it when the Ravens lose. :beer:
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline aligncare

« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2015, 09:36:49 pm »

Obama did it for the left. But maybe that don't count; he had his blackness to protect him from political attack.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2015, 11:43:21 pm »
How can regular Americans break through, then?  How can we, the majority of Americans, D and R, be heard? Support more GOP pablum? More Hillary DNC tripe? Or, do we grasp at one of the only voices who is saying ENOUGH!

I never blame the politicians.  I always blame the people(voters).  I believe politicians are public servants not leaders.  The people lead.  When they wanted an end to AFDC Clinton signed it despite his veto threat.  When they wanted campaign finance reform Dubya signed it despite his veto threat,  Get a majority of the people to back an issue and one of the two parties will push it.  Get a super majority(60% or more) and both parties will scramble to get it passed...like the patriot act.

I still expect Rubio or Bush to win the nomination, and I expect the GOP to own the White House after the 2016 elections.

Is it possible that the reason why nothing changes is the voters are satisfied with their representation?  Is it possible voter apathy is a sign of contentment?

Ancient alien theorists say yes!

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2015, 11:44:59 pm »
Obama did it for the left. But maybe that don't count; he had his blackness to protect him from political attack.

It seems he's been cultivated and groomed for awhile too, plus the usual media running interference, and a spineless Congress and Supreme Court.
The Republic is lost.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2015, 11:52:56 pm »
All of us Patriots fans love it when the Ravens lose. :beer:

Boy, do the Pats have a chip on their shoulders or what?  They don't like it they've been branded cheaters (they are) and they resent being looked on as low class.  Hey, they win and win, but the Mafia used to win and win too.

Brady is the worst with his screaming and jumping up and down. They're gonna maul a lot of teams like they did Dallas. So why do they act so pissed off?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2015, 12:03:27 am »

You can blame the voters for their vote, but you can't blame the voters for what the executive does once in office.

Obama has governed against the will of the people, and, he's done so definitively in his second term. Funny how that works.

Your argument is stronger against Congress critters, though.

No blame for K-street and the donor class? Just the shlub too busy to ferret the truth working two jobs to support his family AND EXIM bank's corporate welfare clients like Boeing, Enron, and foreign governments? ...and Latifa, Sha'NayNay and Raul's seven kids? Yeah, voters are to blame.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2015, 12:22:29 am »
You can blame the voters for their vote, but you can't blame the voters for what the executive does once in office.

Obama has governed against the will of the people, and, he's done so definitively in his second term. Funny how that works.

Your argument would be stronger if a large segment of the population was demanding Obama resign or calling for his impeachment.

No blame for K-street and the donor class? Just the shlub too busy to ferret the truth working two jobs to support his family AND EXIM bank's corporate welfare clients like Boeing, Enron, and foreign governments? ...and Latifa, Sha'NayNay and Raul's seven kids? Yeah, voters are to blame.

I didn't make the rules that say the uninformed get a vote. 

But rules are the rules.  I'm an adult and I do get to vote and I like Rubio's smile.

Oceander

« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2015, 12:40:15 am »

Of the four, Fiorina would be my choice.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2015, 12:47:40 am »
Of the four, Fiorina would be my choice.

Ah, yes, the female Trump.

Oceander

« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2015, 12:48:08 am »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2015, 12:55:02 am »
Your argument would be stronger if a large segment of the population was demanding Obama resign or calling for his impeachment.

I didn't make the rules that say the uninformed get a vote. 

But rules are the rules.  I'm an adult and I do get to vote and I like Rubio's smile.

But the rules do allow for informed voters to agitate for change in leadership. Petition the government for redress, as it were. So, we and freedom caucus members are playing a vital role within the spirit and letter of our constitutional framework, to kick the bums out!

Oceander

« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2015, 12:56:14 am »
But the rules do allow for informed voters to agitate for change in leadership.

When are they going to start, then?

bkepley

« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2015, 01:14:52 am »
Ah, yes, the female Trump.

I would give her more credit than that but I'm not sure why.  What makes her think her first elected office should be president of the USA?

Offline Carling

« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2015, 01:26:53 am »

Revolutions never occur via the existing power structure. 
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

bkepley

« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2015, 01:32:22 am »

And it's a damn good thing too.  Revolutions are mostly bad things.

Godzilla

« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2015, 01:34:06 am »

Are you advocating the violent overthrow of the U.S. Government?

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2015, 01:48:10 am »
And it's a damn good thing too.  Revolutions are mostly bad things.

Like the American Revolution?

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

bkepley

« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2015, 01:51:33 am »
Like the American Revolution?

Did you miss the "mostly" part?   The American revolution was a conservative revolution..a very rare event.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2015, 01:52:37 am »
Andy asks above:
[[ But essential questions remain: what is the proper response for "the people" to make - and toward what end? ]]

Perhaps it's time for this:

Andy continued:
[[ If you are angry about what is happening to our country, as many of us here assembled are, then I would reiterate my original position that such anger ought to be directed toward those most directly responsible for such a state of affairs, and that most likely does not include anyone reading these words.  ]]

Refer once more to above pic.