Author Topic: Putin 'sending 150,000 soldiers to Syria to WIPE OUT evil Islamic State'  (Read 681 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/468212/Putin-ISIS-Islamic-State-Syria-Raqqa-troops-soldiers-air-strike-jets-military

The Russian leader is reportedly mounting an enormous military mission to take control of the terror group's stronghold of Raqqa. The city is the self-declared capital of ISIS in Syria and is patrolled by as many as 5,000 jihadi members. Putin is set to mobilise 150,000 reservists who he conscripted into the military earlier this week. An insider revealed: "It is very clear that Russia wants to sweep up the west of the country, taking Raqqa and all the oil and gas resources around Palmyra. "This is fast becoming a race to Raqqa – to secure the oil fields they need to cleanse the region of insurgents, and the IS capital is vital to do that." It comes a day after Russian jets obliterated nine ISIS outposts in just 24 hours using bunker-busting bombs.

"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Relic

Re: Putin 'sending 150,000 soldiers to Syria to WIPE OUT evil Islamic State'
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 04:28:50 pm »
If I'm the head of a 2nd world state, (excluding the US as it assumes it's 2nd world position), I'd cast my lot with the Russians. Their leader is dynamic, their vision is clear. Yes, there is risk allying with Russia, but there is more risk in allying with an incompetent, inconsistent, and weak United States.

This will end up impacting US citizens in ways they are unable to imagine.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 04:31:26 pm »
He's going to wipe metrosexual Obama's nose in it...he's going to take out Obama's baby.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

rangerrebew

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 05:45:42 pm »
HOLD EVERYTHING!!  THE RUSKIES CAN'T DO THIS!  As far as I know, they haven't gotten permission from the United Nitwits to do this as we are always told.  Has Putin built a coalition as we are always told must be done? Has the media overlooked these important parts?  888ohnoes

Offline Relic

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2015, 06:34:59 pm »
HOLD EVERYTHING!!  THE RUSKIES CAN'T DO THIS!  As far as I know, they haven't gotten permission from the United Nitwits to do this as we are always told.  Has Putin built a coalition as we are always told must be done? Has the media overlooked these important parts?  888ohnoes

The media only picks fights with those it can bully. When the media is sure the target doesn't care, and is likely to hit back, (Trump, islam, Putin to name a few), the media cowers and reverts to sniping.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2015, 08:04:25 pm »
Is this the conscription call-up Russia does annually each fall?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2015, 08:08:02 pm »
He's going to wipe metrosexual Obama's nose in it...he's going to take out Obama's baby.

I'm thinking you're right about that......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2015, 08:26:13 pm »
Is this the conscription call-up Russia does annually each fall?

Yes and no. It is the annual conscription, but it's nearly 8 times the size, normal being in the 20 - 25k region.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

rangerrebew

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2015, 09:52:56 pm »
I know Lurch didn't give Putin permission to do it as it would indicate the Russians may want to go in there and get it over with minimal loss.  It would also not create a "kinder and gentler war" as our "secretary of state" is want to say. :3:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2015, 10:29:30 pm »
I continue to be impressed with Putin. Barry Hussein punted on ISIS so someone had to deal with the threat. I know a few Jews who voted for Obama twice but spit when they speak his name now.

Godzilla

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2015, 11:03:39 pm »
It'll be interesting to see how he gets them in theater.  If it's by ship, then they'll have to steam through the Bosporus Strait, right through the center of Turkey's capital.  I don't really know if Turkey would allow that.

Otherwise, they'd need to travel down through the Caucasus mountains (Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan) and into Iran and then Iraq... before finally reaching Syria.

And if they fly in... well, that'll take an epic number of flights.  Passenger jets hold about 200-600 per flight, so using the largest planes, we're looking at 250 flights just for the personnel alone.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2015, 11:34:25 pm »
Yes and no. It is the annual conscription, but it's nearly 8 times the size, normal being in the 20 - 25k region.

Thanks.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2015, 12:37:24 am »
This should be interesting. What I'm very curious about though is what's Russia's next move. ISIS is not limited to Syria and they have a large footprint in Iraq, Turkey, Lebanon and even the Palestinian Territories. Their goal going back to the 40s is a unified Arab state so they don't adhere to borders they don't recognize. Will Russia limit clearing ISIS to just Syria? Is she interested in the current national structures in place? I don't suspect we'll do anything beyond bomb some more hospitals and say whoops.

We may be going through a lot of popcorn the next few months.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2015, 12:56:21 am »
Will Russia limit clearing ISIS to just Syria?

For the moment, yes. Clear ISIS out of Syria - they'll run to the surrounding states. Lebanon will invite Russia in to help with that infestation - they are already half way to being a client state. The Palis will be in for a nasty surprise - Russia will just go in and deal as needed since they are casting fairly covetous eyes at Israeli tech and wouldn't say no to further loosening US influence there. The Sinai? Egypt didn't come up with the money to buy those two Mistrals from the French by rooting through the sofa cushions.

Any ISIS that head for Iraq - well, they're the Worm's problem, aren't they?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink