Author Topic: Outrageous: Look What Government Is Doing To This Pro-Life Christian To Silence Him  (Read 267 times)

rangerrebew

Outrageous: Look What Government Is Doing To This Pro-Life Christian To Silence Him

"This makes him a political prisoner."

Jack Davis October 1, 2015 at 1:07pm

Australian authorities announced Friday they will deport pro-life crusader Troy Newman.

Newman, the president of Operation Rescue, was detained upon his arrival to Australia on Thursday because the country revoked his visa. He had been invited to the country by Right to Life Australia and was scheduled to conduct a 10-day speaking tour.

The revocation “was based on a pile of lies, including the idea that I promote violence,” Newman said via Facebook. “My 25-year history of peaceful, prayerful action speaks for itself.

“I don’t know what they’re afraid of. I don’t know what they think he’s going to do here,” his wife, Melissa, told ABC News.

On Thursday, Australia’s high court heard an appeal from Newman to remain. His attorneys said the government’s decision deport Newman was flawed because Newman has never incited violence.

“The basis of the (visa) finding seems to rest solely on the adverse reaction to my client’s presence in Australia,” barrister Richard Knowles said. “There was no question at all that that my client has ever advocated violence.”

Operation Rescue were indignant when they heard of Newman’s detention .

“Troy’s unjust treatment by the Australian government is based on a pack of bold-faced lies about his character. This makes him a political prisoner,” said Cheryl Sullenger, Senior Policy Advisor for Operation Rescue. “It’s shocking that the Australian government would take these lies at face value and deny Troy his right to his freedom and free speech.”

“The pro-abortion bullies in Australia who have been slandering Troy Newman to the government have had to stoop to the lowest of lows to silence his message about Planned Parenthood’s criminality and his use of peaceful, law-abiding activism to expose abortion abuses,” said Sullenger.

“Troy has been treated like a criminal even though he has never been convicted of a crime and is being detained and deported based solely on his religious and pro-life beliefs that are opposed by certain abortion lackeys in the Australian government,” Sullenger added. “This is unjust and as a representative of Operation Rescue, I demand his immediate release and an apology from (Immigration) Minister (Peter) Dutton for the trouble he has caused by acquiescing to false accusations of those who oppose Newman’s pro-life stance.”

http://www.westernjournalism.com/outrageous-look-what-government-is-doing-to-this-pro-life-christian-to-silence-him/?utm_source=MailChimp&utm_medium=email&utm_content=vidoes&utm_campaign=DailyEmail10.02.15
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 07:53:53 pm by rangerrebew »