Author Topic: The Particular Genius That Is The Trump Tax Plan…D.W. Ulsterman  (Read 317 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Particular Genius That Is The Trump Tax Plan…D.W. Ulsterman
« on: September 29, 2015, 05:59:18 pm »
http://ulstermanbooks.com/the-particular-genius-that-is-the-trump-tax-plan/

So outspoken GOP-front-runner Donald Trump did what so many were asking him to do – he got specific.
Yesterday he unveiled what is a relatively comprehensive tax plan that now has his political enemies attempting to use it against him and his supporters declaring it as evidence he is of sound mind and economic body and is just what an economically tepid America needs at this point after years of being mired in the anti-growth policies of the Obama administration.

Overall, I find the plan bold, interesting, and having the potential to do a great deal of good. There is one portion of the plan though that goes beyond those attributes. It’s genius and frankly, something that could be an economic game-changer for America.

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
Re: The Particular Genius That Is The Trump Tax Plan…D.W. Ulsterman
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 06:12:34 pm »
The Trump tax plan is serious medicine for a stagnant economy.  This puts him in a position of strength (in what is his best area to begin with).  Compares rather favorably to Hillary's free college tuition for everyone.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 06:16:55 pm »

Not a big fan of a 10% 'one-time' tax on foreign profits.

First, we know how these 'one-time' things become regular behaviors.

Second, if you make the tax environment in the U.S. more attractive than it is overseas... that money will flow back naturally... all 100% of it... to fund U.S. investment.  The government will just waste anything taken as a 'one-time' tax, I guarantee it.  I can't believe we ever got to the point where foreign tax environments were more attractive than the U.S. anyway.

Lowering rates and pushing brackets upward is needed just to offset the inflation that has occurred over the years...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline aligncare

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 07:09:52 pm »

While I have a limited grasp of the complexity of the current tax code, I have a great deal of experience paying taxes, and paying and paying and paying.

I've looked it over and concluded that any change that reduces the complexity and confiscatory burdens of tax season, I am all for.

Heck, I think even my accountant likes this plan.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2015, 07:27:12 pm »

Not a big fan of a 10% 'one-time' tax on foreign profits.

First, we know how these 'one-time' things become regular behaviors.

Second, if you make the tax environment in the U.S. more attractive than it is overseas... that money will flow back naturally... all 100% of it... to fund U.S. investment.  The government will just waste anything taken as a 'one-time' tax, I guarantee it.  I can't believe we ever got to the point where foreign tax environments were more attractive than the U.S. anyway.

Lowering rates and pushing brackets upward is needed just to offset the inflation that has occurred over the years...
The rate of 10% is a lower rate than is currently payable on those same profits, as an inducement for those monies to be repatriated to the US for domestic investment in goods, services, jobs, etc.

As it is now, those monies are being invested overseas, in plant and equipment, etc. and probably factor into decisions about where to locate factors of production.

I know decades ago the major US corporation that employed me, used the gimmick, and probably still does. The ten story office building they built in Riyahd, Saudi Arabia was held out as one of the "investments" from these deferred tax funds.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2015, 02:05:39 am »
How about if the "10%, one-time tax" was used exclusively to bolster the Social Security and Medicare funds, with additional legislation that protected the money from being used for anything else?

(Yeah, I know that such "protections" might soon come under attack later on...)

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2015, 01:28:05 pm »
How about if the "10%, one-time tax" was used exclusively to bolster the Social Security and Medicare funds, with additional legislation that protected the money from being used for anything else?

There's no 'money' in those funds... only U.S. Treasury debt...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan