Author Topic: Pride of Britain Awards: Stars come out to support UK's true heroes  (Read 225 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
David Beckham, Cheryl Fernandez-Versini and Simon Cowell were among the stars who took to the red carpet at the Pride of Britain Awards to give their support to some of Britain's bravest people.

Former England football captain turned style icon Beckham flew in from New York to present an award at the event in central London, while Fernandez-Versini arrived arm-in-arm with former Girls Aloud bandmates Kimberley Walsh and Nicola Roberts.

They were joined by celebs including singers Peter Andre and Pixie Lott, television presenters Holly Willoughby and Susanna Reid, EastEnders' Barbara Windsor, Dragons' Den businessman Duncan Bannatyne, Olympians Tom Daley, Rebecca Adlington and Nicola Adams, England cricketer Stuart Broad and boyband Rixton.

London mayor Boris Johnson also attended, and the Prince of Wales and Prime Minister David Cameron recorded messages to be shown on a big screen.

Cowell told 11-year-old Danial Sayani, who won a First News competition to interview stars at the ceremony, that he liked the awards because they went to normal people.

"I go to a lot of these (other) award things so I see the same people picking up the same awards, it gets boring," the pop svengali said.

The awards will recognise everyday heroes in the UK, plus British aid workers who risked their lives to save thousands of Ebola victims and emergency medics who scaled a rollercoaster to rescue the victims of the Alton Towers crash.

The Daily Mirror awards recognise courage, selflessness and achievement against the odds with nominees voted by members of the public.

http://report24uk.info/article/319253/pride-of-britain-awards-stars-come-out-to-support-uk39s-true-heroes

I'm proud of my country for doing this. Every year since 1999. Even if it is the Mirror's idea.  :tongue2:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink