Author Topic: Navy SEAL Who Received Horrible Injury Searching For Bergdahl Wants THIS To Happen To Him  (Read 280 times)

rangerrebew

Navy SEAL Who Received Horrible Injury Searching For Bergdahl Wants THIS To Happen To Him

Image Credit: Department of DefenseImage Credit: Department of Defense

“The military will do the right thing.”

Randy DeSoto September 18, 2015 at 12:57pm
Share on Facebook Tweet Email Print

A Navy SEAL who sustained a life-altering injury searching for Sgt. Bowe Berdahl believes the soldier must be held “accountable” for his actions.

“He left, he risked lives and he pulled assets from other parts of the war,” said retired Senior Chief Petty Officer Jimmy Hatch, 48, who added “he knew someone would get ‘killed or hurt’ as a result of Bergdahl’s decision to leave his unit,” in 2009, the Boston Herald reports.

“‘Sure enough, days later I was shot, lying in a field screaming my head off,’ said Hatch, whose femur was shattered, the bone blasted out of the back of his right leg by an AK-47 round in the effort to rescue Bergdahl from the Taliban,” according to the Herald.

Furthermore, “people had to risk their lives to come and save me. A helicopter had to fly back into a very active gunfight,” recounted Hatch, who experienced debilitating depression after his injury.

The sailor was not able to return to active service and still walks with a limp to this day after 18 surgeries on his leg.

Hatch believes that Bergdahl should face a court-martial. “The military will do the right thing,” he said. “I have faith that they are going to examine everything. I want him to be accountable.”

As reported by Western Journalism, the Army plans to charge the soldier with both desertion and the rarely used charge of misbehavior before the enemy. “For Bergdahl, the Article 99 [misbehavior before the enemy] offense allows the prosecutors to seek a stiffer penalty than the desertion charge, which in this case carries a maximum sentence of five years in prison,” the Associated Press reports. If convicted of misbehavior before the enemy, he could face a life sentence.

Bergdahl’s “case now goes to an Article 32 hearing, which is similar to a grand jury and would recommend whether the case goes to a court martial,” reports USA Today.

h/t: TheBlaze

http://www.westernjournalism.com/navy-seal-who-received-horrible-injury-searching-for-bergdahl-wants-this-to-happen-to-him/?utm_source=MailChimp&utm_medium=email&utm_content=featured-stories&utm_campaign=DailyEmail09.19.15
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 10:31:15 pm by rangerrebew »