Author Topic: Ted Cruz's dad: 'Devil overplayed hand' with same-sex marriage 'What we saw in Kentucky with Kim Davis is tyranny'  (Read 887 times)

rangerrebew

Ted Cruz's dad: 'Devil overplayed hand' with same-sex marriage
'What we saw in Kentucky with Kim Davis is tyranny'
Published: 37 mins ago
author-image Cheryl Chumley 

Gay marriage will ignite Christians to action, predicted Rafael Cruz.

Rafael Cruz, a pastor who’s also the father of Sen. Ted Cruz, Republican presidential hopeful, said during a rally outside the Tennessee Capitol the “devil” has gone to far with same-sex marriage, and Christians are now likely to rouse themselves and fight.

Get the hottest, most important news stories on the Internet – delivered FREE to your inbox as soon as they break! Take just 30 seconds and sign up for WND’s Email News Alerts!

“The devil overplayed his hand” the elder Cruz said, referring to the recent U.S. Supreme Court decision on “gay” marriage, the Associated Press reported.

And now, Christians are likely to band together and battle for a legal return to traditional marriage, he said.

“We’ve been silent too long,” he said, AP reported. “Religious persecution ends in January 2017.”

Cruz made the remarks during a rally of support for Kim Davis, the Kentucky clerk who spent five days in jail after refusing a judge’s order to issue wedding certificates to gay couples.

“Outlasting the Gay Revolution” spells out eight principles to help Americans with conservative moral values counter attacks on our freedoms of religion, speech and conscience by homosexual activists

“What we saw in Kentucky with Kim Davis is tyranny,” Cruz said.

Dozens of Tennessee legislators were at this same event, with some promising to introduce a bill to defend the state Constitution’s definition of marriage as between a man and woman.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2015/09/ted-cruzs-dad-devil-overplayed-hand-with-same-sex-marriage/#peUofqPbzsI6ZoVY.99

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Godzilla

He's wrong on this.

And I'd wager a beer that after the upcoming election, it won't be much of an issue.  Until the election; however, it will be used as a wedge issue.

Offline libertybele

He's wrong on this.

And I'd wager a beer that after the upcoming election, it won't be much of an issue.  Until the election; however, it will be used as a wedge issue.

??? Won't be an issue?  So all of a sudden Christians are going to give up their religious beliefs and protections under the First Amendment?  I don't think so.  This is a battle that's just begun.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Godzilla

??? Won't be an issue?  So all of a sudden Christians are going to give up their religious beliefs and protections under the First Amendment?  I don't think so.  This is a battle that's just begun.

You should keep a thread documenting what beliefs you have been forced, by the hand of government, to abandon.  It would be a very good record to prove the matter.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Conservatives and Republicans need to learn about Trump's position on this issue, so they can conform themselves with their likely nominee.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Conservatives and Republicans need to learn about Trump's position on this issue, so they can conform themselves with their likely nominee.

:facepalm2: