Author Topic: Polls: Fiorina even with Trump in presidential race at 22% among debate watchers, Carson leads Trump in Michigan by two  (Read 1512 times)

bkepley

Allahpundit
Hot Air

If you’re a Trump fan, take heart. This Michigan survey was conducted before last night’s debate, where Carson didn’t perform especially well. And the overnight poll from Gravis was limited to Republicans who watched the debate. It might simply be reflecting momentary “Wow, Carly!” sentiment, something that’ll dim a bit once we’re back to 24/7 Trump coverage on cable news. And Trump fans who missed the debate entirely have no reason to change their vote this morning, so he probably still leads nationally. The big question is by how much.

Even so, if I’m not mistaken, these are the first two polls anywhere since Trumpmania broke big that don’t show him on top.
That’s a poll of the race itself, not a poll asking who won the debate. On that question Fiorina was the clear winner with 33 percent versus 21 percent for Trump and 16 percent for Marco Rubio. Fiorina also did more to help herself last night than any other candidate: When people were asked if their opinion of her was more or less favorable favorable after watching, the split was a phenomenal 78/13. Only Rubio approached those numbers among the rest of the field, splitting 71/19. In fact, every candidate in the field polled either more favorably after the debate or saw no change in their perceptions except two. One was Rand Paul, whom 58 percent viewed less favorably versus just 15 percent more favorably. The other? Donald Trump, who split 33/36. Hmmmm.

Another interesting data point from Gravis is what happens when you poll Ben Carson and Trump head to head.
Which brings us to that pre-debate Michigan poll:

Carson polled at 24 percentage points, narrowly edging out Trump, who garnered support from 22 percent of respondents…

Carson enjoyed a 12-point lead among women voters in the MRG poll, winning support from 28 percent of female respondents, compared to 16 percent for Trump.

“Trump has a major problem with women and it accounts for Carson’s narrow lead among all likely primary voters,” Shields said. “Saying he cherishes women has not made up for his recent comments about Megyn Kelly and Carly Fiorina.”

Another bad result for Trump among Republican women to go with that IJ Review data from this morning, huh? Double hmmmm.

More here: http://hotair.com/archives/2015/09/17/polls-fiorina-even-with-trump-in-presidential-race-at-22-among-debate-watchers-carson-leads-trump-in-michigan-by-two/

Offline NavyCanDo

Carson shot up from 6% to 23% after the first debate.  I would not be shocked at all if Fiorina does the same, maybe even climbs higher after her debut.

A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline kevindavis007

Carly has moved up 10 notches in my book.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline NavyCanDo

My favorites have been in order - Carson, Fiorina, Rubio, then Walker.

Carson had a poor showing last night seeming timid and too soft spoken. It happens. He will be back for the third debate, and I think we will see the Ben we saw in the first debate.   Fiorina, made up for that though in spades. People that didn't even know who she was are now huge fans.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline kevindavis007

My favorites have been in order - Carson, Fiorina, Rubio, then Walker.

Carson had a poor showing last night seeming timid and too soft spoken. It happens. He will be back for the third debate, and I think we will see the Ben we saw in the first debate.   Fiorina, made up for that though in spades. People that didn't even know who she was are now huge fans.

Mine is Rubio, Fiorina, Carson, Walker, Jindal and Kasich.. I expect Rubio and Carly to stay strong.. Not sure about Walker if he will be in the next debate.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

bkepley

Mine is Rubio, Fiorina, Carson, Walker, Jindal and Kasich.. I expect Rubio and Carly to stay strong.. Not sure about Walker if he will be in the next debate.

Walker will be.  Not sure about Jindal.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Walker will be.  Not sure about Jindal.

Wish I had your confidence. Walker was having money problems going in, and there really wasn't much from him to inspire or encourage donors last night. Annoying as hell, because he's a great candidate and has a media team with some solid ideas. On twitter last night, for example, within a few seconds of a question being asked Walker's twitter account put out a link to his position on the subject - paper, interview, whatever - and that level of detail impresses me.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline kevindavis007

Wish I had your confidence. Walker was having money problems going in, and there really wasn't much from him to inspire or encourage donors last night. Annoying as hell, because he's a great candidate and has a media team with some solid ideas. On twitter last night, for example, within a few seconds of a question being asked Walker's twitter account put out a link to his position on the subject - paper, interview, whatever - and that level of detail impresses me.

I agree. I saw somewhere that one of his donors is going to different candidates. I'll be surprised if he is in later this month.  I have been asking a question on Twitter and yet I have not got a response.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 10:50:27 pm by kevindavis »

bkepley

I agree. I saw somewhere that one of his donors is going to a different candidates. I'll be surprised if he is in later this month.  I have been asking a question on Twitter and yet I have not got a response.

I would expect that some capitalists will continue to support him out of appreciation for his efforts but of course they have limits to their patience and Walker just isn't looking very impressive.

Godzilla

My rankings are:

Rubio, Walker, Kasich, Fiorina or Jindal, Carson.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Dr. Carson, despite the color of his complexion, is "the white bread candidate".

Clean, wholesome, can't say a bad thing about him.

Easy to be popular that way, until...

...take a bite, and it goes all mushy on ya!