Author Topic: Why Fiorina's Failure as CEO Ensures She'd Fail as President  (Read 827 times)

Online libertybele

Why Fiorina's Failure as CEO Ensures She'd Fail as President
« on: September 17, 2015, 07:27:45 pm »
Good opinion piece and certainly some points to think about. 

"Attention, candidates: The president of the U.S. isn’t an all-powerful dictator"

Opinion: Why Fiorina’s failure as a CEO ensures she’d fail as president

WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) — Carly Fiorina was a lousy corporate executive, and she’d make a lousy president. Why? Because she has no idea how difficult it is to actually be president and get things done.

The former CEO of Hewlett-Packard HPQ, -2.04%  wowed the Republican base last night at the candidates’ second debate with her strong conviction that all you need is a steely gaze and a will of iron to turn this country around and solve all its problems, foreign and domestic.

In defense of her failed leadership at H-P, which concluded with her forced ouster, Fiorina said last night that “when you challenge the status quo, you make enemies.” ...

“I was a terrific CEO, the board was dysfunctional,” Fiorina said.

Well, I have a surprise for you, Carly: If you think a corporate board is dysfunctional, wait until you see Congress.

And if you think challenging the status quo in Washington or on the world stage will be a cakewalk, you’ll fail as president just as you failed as CEO of Hewlett-Packard.

The biggest lie our politicians tell us is that it’s easy to fix our nation’s problems. All you need is the will, and you can accomplish anything. But none of them — with the possible exceptions of former First Lady Hillary Clinton and long-time congressional leader John Kasich — understands how impotent our political leaders really are.

Our government is a messy mix of oligarchy, democracy, republicanism and federalism that guarantees that almost nothing can get done. At least, not without a huge struggle.

That is not a bug of our political system; it’s a feature. It’s the way our founding fathers planned it. They didn’t want a king, or a queen, not even a steely-eyed former CEO.

Barack Obama was elected in 2008 primarily because he persuaded us that fixing our problems would be easy. All we needed was hope and audacity, and we can do it. Yes we can!

But when Obama got into office, he was quickly schooled....

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/why-fiorinas-failure-as-a-ceo-ensures-shed-fail-as-president-2015-09-17?dist=countdown

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

bkepley

Re: Why Fiorina's Failure as CEO Ensures She'd Fail as President
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2015, 11:58:00 pm »
Anyone remember Digital Equipment Corporation, Wang Computers, Sun Microsystems...etc.  At the time Hp looked like one of these (and others) which were destroyed by the best of capitalism's creative destruction.  I remember what Hp was at that time and it was a struggle for all the tech companies and was gloriously so.  The very best of capitalism utterly beyond the reach of big government.  Maybe capitalism's last gasp?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 12:16:41 am by bkepley »

bkepley

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2015, 01:06:15 am »
ping

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2015, 01:50:21 am »
Carly Fiorina saved a failing HP despite having to fight her own board to do it says Tom Perkins who was a member of the HP board at the time!

https://carlyforamerica.com/blog/icymi-former-hp-board-member-tom-perkins-the-truth-about-carly/

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2015, 02:34:11 am »
[[ “I was a terrific CEO, the board was dysfunctional,” Fiorina said. ]]

Actually, this doesn't seem all that much different as to how I believe Donald Trump would view his relationship (and possible conflicts) with the Congress...

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2015, 02:46:51 am »
[[ “I was a terrific CEO, the board was dysfunctional,” Fiorina said. ]]

Actually, this doesn't seem all that much different as to how I believe Donald Trump would view his relationship (and possible conflicts) with the Congress...

In one case we have a record and the fact that HP is today a thriving enterprise. In the other case we have nothing but smoke and mirrors thus far!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Oceander

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2015, 02:47:57 am »
Stupid article.  Congress is nothing like a board of directors, and cannot force the president out.  And that's just to start with.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2015, 04:42:51 am »
Oceander wrote:
[[ Congress is nothing like a board of directors, and cannot force the president out. ]]

Ummm.....

U.S. Constitution, Article 1, Sections 2 and 3?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2015, 04:48:46 am »
Oceander wrote:
[[ Congress is nothing like a board of directors, and cannot force the president out. ]]

Ummm.....

U.S. Constitution, Article 1, Sections 2 and 3?

"The House of Representatives shall chuse their Speaker and other Officers; and shall have the sole Power of Impeachment."

Yes?

bkepley

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2015, 10:31:49 am »
This article would apply equally to Donald Trump who has no solutions but claims he'll make everything terrific.  Running a business is nothing like being leader of a political party.  I predict some Republicans would object to something he proposes, he insults them in the usual way and begins working with the Democrats who he is more comfortable with anyway.  Hell I can imagine him even switching parties. Why not?  He's done it before more than once. Then I could imagine all his fans here and on TOS following along.  A realignment!