Author Topic: Teen Boy Kissed Girl on a Dare. Now He Faces Assault Charges.  (Read 915 times)

rangerrebew

Teen Boy Kissed Girl on a Dare. Now He Faces Assault Charges.
« on: September 12, 2015, 08:10:57 am »
Teen Boy Kissed Girl on a Dare. Now He Faces Assault Charges.
Pikesville Middle School 13-year-old charge with second-degree assault.

Robby Soave|Sep. 11, 2015 4:37 pm

A Pikesville, Maryland, 13-year-old will be charged with second-degree assault for kissing a 14-year-old girl on a dare. The "assault" happened at Pikesville Middle School on Friday. Police were called to the scene.

According to WBFF:

School officials took a report regarding a 13-year-old boy who kissed a 14-year-old girl during school hours. The unwanted kiss was allegedly the result of a dare made by students.

Police confirm that the boy is now facing a second-degree assault charge as a juvenile. No one was injured during the incident, police say, and disciplinary actions related to suspension or expulsion will be handled by the school system.

No one was injured. Is that really surprising?

It's of course true that every 14-year-old has the right not to be kissed. I'm not saying the boy's transgression should go unpunished. What I'm saying is this: he should not be charged with assault. He's 13. Thirteen-year-olds do stupid stuff. They screw up. And when the consequences of their actions are as minor as this, it's better to reprimand them in a manner that does not involve the criminal justice system.

By all means, give this kid detention. Make him apologize to the girl. Tell his parents to teach him better manners.

But don't charge him with assault. That would be a far greater crime than a stolen kiss.

https://reason.com/blog/2015/09/11/teen-boy-kissed-girl-on-a-dare-now-he-fa
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 08:12:04 am by rangerrebew »

Offline Charlespg

Re: Teen Boy Kissed Girl on a Dare. Now He Faces Assault Charges.
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 01:19:06 am »
If I ran things the schools officials would be  marched though the town in a clown suit and a fools cap  with donkey ears

then fired
people this stupid should  be subject to public ridicule and humiliation

grrr
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2015, 01:32:47 am »
And this is what single guys like me face when trying to pursue women. He steals a kiss, and she presses charges. Say hello on the street and become the subject of a diatribe about how men are all sexist pigs. It disgusts me how cold and heartless single women are these days.

I can only hope the judge laughs this case out of court.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2015, 01:43:34 am »
And this is what single guys like me face when trying to pursue women. He steals a kiss, and she presses charges. Say hello on the street and become the subject of a diatribe about how men are all sexist pigs. It disgusts me how cold and heartless single women are these days.

So let the women kiss you.  I never made the first move on a woman. I was asked out by the woman I've been married to for 23 years, and I never made the first move on any of the women I dated prior to that.

Let them come to you. If you're an interesting desirable male, they'll come to you.  There are 2 women for every 1 single male out there.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2015, 04:36:59 am »
The charge is appropriate. Kid is old enough to know he shouldn't force his unwanted attention on anything but farm animals

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2015, 07:10:39 pm »
So let the women kiss you.  I never made the first move on a woman. I was asked out by the woman I've been married to for 23 years, and I never made the first move on any of the women I dated prior to that.

Let them come to you. If you're an interesting desirable male, they'll come to you.  There are 2 women for every 1 single male out there.
So apparently I'm not an "interesting desirable male." Thanks a lot.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline flowers

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2015, 07:24:45 pm »

I have been a women all my life ***blushing*** . I think women are evil at times. Our brains are wired differently.   ***flame suit on***

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2015, 07:37:40 pm »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline flowers