Author Topic: Election Model Predicts DEM Win  (Read 637 times)

Online libertybele

Election Model Predicts DEM Win
« on: September 10, 2015, 12:37:00 pm »
 8888crybaby 

Election model predicts Dem will win

A Democrat will win the White House next year by the narrowest of margins, according to a well-known election forecaster.

Moody’s Analytics is predicting that the Democratic presidential nominee will capture 270 electoral votes in 2016, edging out the Republican nominee’s total of 268.

The model from Moody's, a group that analyzes economic trends, has a perfect track record, accurately predicting every presidential election since 1980; it nailed the number of electoral votes in President Obama's 2012 victory.

The economics-based election model — which relies on presidential election results since the 1980 Ronald Reagan-Jimmy Carter contest — aims to predict voting decisions based on each state’s economic and political situation.

Moody’s will update its prediction each month in the run-up to November 2016.

Overall, the most important economic variable in the model is income growth in the two years leading up to the election.

Wage growth has been tepid this year, though it is expected to pick up as the job market approaches full employment.

But while income growth favors the incumbent party, politics matter plenty, giving the Republicans a boost.

In swing states, the share of the vote that goes to the incumbent party is about 50 percent, and economic and other factors can swing the vote to either party. The key swing states for 2016 include Colorado, Florida, Ohio, Virginia, Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.

Voter fatigue could weigh heavily against the Democratic nominee. Several swing states would be inclined vote to for the Democrat if not for the two terms President Obama has spent in the White House, Moody’s said.

The direction of president’s approval rating could also make a meaningful difference.

If Obama's approval rating improves leading up to the election, he will probably give his party a boost. But in most elections, the president’s rating has declined in the lead-up to the election, favoring the challengers.

The Moody’s model assumes that Obama’s approval rating will be the same on Election Day as it is today. ...

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/250367-election-model-predicts-nail-biter-in-2016
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline aligncare

Re: Election Model Predicts DEM Win
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 12:42:17 pm »
Obama is past his expiration date. I'm not worried.

Are you? Really?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 12:43:45 pm by aligncare »

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2015, 01:03:51 pm »
Obama is past his expiration date. I'm not worried.

Are you? Really?

I'll tell you what worries me ac.  I will go to my grave believing that the only reason Obama won the second term was because of voter fraud - especially in the state of Ohio.  He was down by any count just a couple of weeks before the election and Romney was riding high.  Then it all just fell apart.

It will happen again.  Count on it.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2015, 01:24:01 pm »
I'll tell you what worries me ac.  I will go to my grave believing that the only reason Obama won the second term was because of voter fraud - especially in the state of Ohio.  He was down by any count just a couple of weeks before the election and Romney was riding high.  Then it all just fell apart.

I hear you, alice ....

Well, then, okay, buckeye State. Get'ter in gear. Are you gonna let the forces of evil defeat you again?

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2015, 01:34:57 pm »
I hear you, alice ....

Well, then, okay, buckeye State. Get'ter in gear. Are you gonna let the forces of evil defeat you again?

It's essential that the Republican candidate be a street fighter that will not roll over and will call out the enemy at every turn.  This is not the time to have a "reach across the aisle" candidate - if you know what I mean.   :beer:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online libertybele

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2015, 01:41:53 pm »

I tend to agree with you.  By all polls and indications Romney was leading several weeks before the election and it all fell apart.  There are two crucial states that the Republicans need to take in order to win the 2016 election; Florida and Ohio.  If the GOP loses either one, we lose.  Perhaps that's why the GOPe was banking on Bush.  They were hoping he would take his home state.  With his pro-amnesty stance and unpopular Common Core program I don't see him getting the GOP nod. 

I worked a couple of different poll locations during "W"'s second term election and was a witness to voter fraud by the DEMS.  The GOP had actually brought in people from Washington in this area because they knew the chances of fraud was going to be rampant. I have lived in this area for over 20 years and it has been very  predominantly Republican, but over the past several election cycles we have seen a huge influx of Hispanics; as of 2013 our schools had a 35 - 40% Hispanic population.  At one point in time, I walked into my voting precinct and witnessed a voter who produced a Sam's Club card as valid proof of residency and voter eligibility!

The stakes of this election are at an all time high.  The DEMS want to complete the transformation of America.  If the DEMS again gain control of the White House it's over.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2015, 11:18:30 pm »

This time the people rise up and storm DC with pitchforks and torches. 

Online libertybele

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2015, 12:32:51 am »

"We the People" should have rose up and stormed DC with pitchforks and torches after Obama withdrew troops from the Middle East in order to get elected and then continued to LIE to the American people.   He lied about 4 Dead Americans in Benghazi and we sat idly by.

We made our voices heard during the mid-terms hoping that Congress would put a stop to this lawless president.  Nothing happened.  Now we have witnessed Obama cutting a nuke deal with Iran. Unfortunately it looks like its way too late for the pitchforks and torches.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 12:33:20 am by libertybele »

Godzilla

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2015, 12:35:50 am »
Democrats look at the electoral college map and think, "How to we get the votes we need to win?"  Then they look for candidates that can do just that.  The message doesn't matter, as long as it gets enough votes to win.

Republicans used to do the same.  Now, it seems, all we look for is someone that makes us feel good about ourselves.  Trump is popular with Republican voters because he makes the base feel good.  No one is really looking at the map and calculating whether he can take enough states to win.

Godzilla

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2015, 12:39:10 am »

Who?  The youth?  No, they vote Democrat, if they can be bothered to vote at all.

The middle aged?  Busy working.

The elderly?  That'll be a sight.  Throngs of motorized strollers with pitchforks attached.

---

I've posted this elsewhere, but it applies here, "Revolution is a young man's game."

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2015, 02:18:01 am »
[[ Election Model Predicts DEM Win...]]

I sense that Donald Trump is "the wrench" that will be thrown into "the model" and break it into pieces this time around...

Addendum:
This fits:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zfqw8nhUwA&ab_channel=RobertCole
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 02:20:19 am by Fishrrman »