Author Topic: Bush: Trump 'trying to insult his way to the presidency'  (Read 529 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Bush: Trump 'trying to insult his way to the presidency'
« on: September 03, 2015, 04:53:43 pm »
http://onpolitics.usatoday.com/2015/09/03/bush-trump-trying-to-insult-his-way-to-the-presidency/

Jeb Bush said Thursday that Donald Trump’s message is too negative for the long haul, including the businessman’s criticism that Bush should stop speaking Spanish on the campaign trail. “I think Donald Trump is trying to insult his way to the presidency, and it’s not going to work,” Bush said on ABC’s Good Morning America. “People want an uplifting hopeful message.” Bush, whose campaign in recent days has stepped up its criticism of the front-running Trump, spoke a day after the New York billionaire questioned his bilingualism. “I like Jeb,” Trump told Breitbart News. “He’s a nice man. But he should really set the example by speaking English while in the United States.” Bush dismissed Trump’s argument, saying that “people come to this country to pursue their dreams, sometimes they start without speaking English but they learn English and they add vitality to our country.” In the ABC interview, Bush echoed previous comments that Trump is not conservative enough to represent the Republican Party, citing his past positions on taxes and health care.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Longiron

Re: Bush: Trump 'trying to insult his way to the presidency'
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 04:56:33 pm »
Cannot expect BUSHIE orany other RINOGOP candidate to understand what having a pair of B**** means. It just does not eist in their world :amen:

Offline Relic

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 04:59:07 pm »
Cannot expect BUSHIE orany other RINOGOP candidate to understand what having a pair of B**** means. It just does not eist in their world :amen:

It's pretty clear that is what's going on. The GOP is so gutless that to see someone with backbone, it's an affront to the GOP's gentle, submissive nature.

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 05:00:58 pm »
Well, we got that all inspiring and positive message of "hope" eight years ago and it turned into a perpetual fraud.  We need a President that has testosterone in his system and that is not Jebster.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2015, 05:05:51 pm »
What I'd like everyone to focus on is the fact that Trump has never attacked first. It's always been in response to smears and low blows from others. Look it up. I'd challenge anyone to come up with one example where he punched first.

Now consider this. Consider all the times you complained that W never hit back. George W. Bush took every blow and watched as his popularity plunged; watched as the left redefined him, twisted his words and deeds.

So who's to say that hitting back is the wrong thing to do, even for the Republican gentry?

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2015, 05:15:03 pm »
What I'd like everyone to focus on is the fact that Trump has never attacked first. It's always been in response to smears and low blows from others. Look it up. I'd challenge anyone to come up with one example where he punched first.

Now consider this. Consider all the times you complained that W never hit back. George W. Bush took every blow and watched as his popularity plunged; watched as the left redefined him, twisted his words and deeds.

So who's to say that hitting back is the wrong thing to do, even for the Republican gentry?

You may some very valid points. INMHO Bush is trying to "BUY" his way to the presidency.  I'll take my chances with Trump thank you very much.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.