Author Topic: Cheney: I'll Support Trump If He's Nominated, But Not Now  (Read 205 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Cheney: I'll Support Trump If He's Nominated, But Not Now
« on: September 02, 2015, 08:42:29 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/dick-cheney-donald-trump-support-republican/2015/09/01/id/672972/

By Sandy Fitzgerald   |   Tuesday, 01 Sep 2015 10:24 AM

Former Vice President Dick Cheney says in an upcoming interview that he'll vote for Donald Trump if he wins the Republican nomination, but so far, he's not ready to support him.

"I've been surprised that he's done as well as he has," Cheney said in a portion of an interview that aired Tuesday morning on CNN's "New Day" program, in which he appears with daughter Liz to promote their new book, "Exceptional: Why the World Needs a Powerful America."

"I think most of us have on the Republican side," he continued. "I don't want to be in the business of rating candidates at this point or grading them."

Cheney told CNN's Jamie Gangel in the interview, which will air in full Tuesday night on the "Anderson Cooper 360" show, that he's always supported the nominee of his party, and if that person is Trump, then that will be who he supports.

However, he said that he does not know Trump, who has been largely critical of President George W. Bush's administration and the Iraq war.

Liz Cheney said that she thinks Trump is speaking to "frustrated American voters" who are unhappy with President Barack Obama.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 09:26:07 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34