Author Topic: Rubio: Iran deal is not 'binding on the next administration'  (Read 591 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rubio: Iran deal is not 'binding on the next administration'
« on: September 02, 2015, 08:39:31 pm »
http://thehill.com/policy/defense/252540-rubio-iran-deal-not-binding-on-the-next-administration

By Bradford Richardson - 09/02/15 01:01 PM EDT

President Obama’s nuclear agreement with Iran can be undone by the next occupant of the Oval Office, Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) said Wednesday.

“This is not a treaty, there’s nothing about this that’s binding on the next administration,” Rubio, a presidential candidate, said on Fox News’s “America’s Newsroom” Wednesday.

He vowed to strike down the deal and institute harsher economic sanctions on the Islamic Republic if he wins the White House.

“When I’m president of the United States, we will reimpose those sanctions on Day 1, and then I will go to Congress, ask them even to increase sanctions more, and I will back that up with a credible threat of military force,” Rubio said.

“A simple message to the Ayatollah: If you try to build a weapon, we will destroy your program.”

Sen. Barbara Mikulski (D-Md.) on Wednesday came out in support of the deal, giving the president the last of the 34 votes he would need to sustain a veto of legislation killing the deal.

“No deal is perfect, especially one negotiated with the Iranian regime,” the Maryland Democrat, who is retiring after her current term, said in a statement. “I have concluded that this Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action is the best option available to block Iran from having a nuclear bomb. For these reasons, I will vote in favor of this deal.”

The nuclear agreement aims to prevent Iran from developing a nuclear weapon, in exchange for lifting international trade sanctions.

If Congress does not stop the deal, it will begin to take effect next month.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline flowers

Re: Rubio: Iran deal is not 'binding on the next administration'
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 08:52:45 pm »
To late Rubio.....by the next admin Iran will have nuked somebody.

bkepley

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 08:55:04 pm »

It will be too late whether anyone gets nuked.  Iran will get its money back.  No other country will be interested in putting the sanctions back in place.

Offline flowers

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2015, 08:56:50 pm »
“A simple message to the Ayatollah: If you try to build a weapon, we will destroy your program.”

I guess Rubio didn't read the part of the deal where US will teach Iran how to defend the nuke sites from attack.

Offline flowers

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2015, 08:58:39 pm »
It will be too late whether anyone gets nuked.  Iran will get its money back.  No other country will be interested in putting the sanctions back in place.
True

Online libertybele

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2015, 10:28:59 pm »

That "somebody" will be us...right around the time of the 2016 election.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline flowers

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2015, 10:58:24 pm »
That "somebody" will be us...right around the time of the 2016 election.
Yep....I used to think they would attack Israel first. Not anymore they attack us then Israel.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2015, 12:40:15 am »

Unlike 21st century America, Israel WILL use their stockpile. They may have to use them in OUR defense, as we are now incapable of making such a decision.  If Iran nukes anyone anywhere, they better take out Israel first, for if they let loose that genie anywhere, Israel is hitting them with everything.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2015, 12:41:45 am »
Yep....I used to think they would attack Israel first. Not anymore they attack us then Israel.

If they hit us first, it's a mistake...the moment they let loose the genie, Israel will hit them with everything.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Godzilla

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2015, 12:43:43 am »
He is right on this.

The next President will not forced to continue this deal if they do not wish to.

Oceander

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2015, 01:40:53 am »
He's correct.  The timing is not perfect, but it's close enough to the next president that, so long as it isn't Hillary "jailbird" Clinton or some other democrat moron (but I repeat myself), there may still be enough impetus to reimpose sanctions if the "deal" is immediately repudiated.

Online libertybele

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2015, 01:42:25 am »
If they hit us first, it's a mistake...the moment they let loose the genie, Israel will hit them with everything.

?? Not so sure about that anymore.  We have a president that has disregarded Israel as an ally and has pretty much treated their president like crap.  In addition, this president and our secretary of state made the nuke deal with Iran to begin with.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2015, 02:14:51 pm »

What makes you think this?