Author Topic: Networks Still Aren’t Reporting on Planned Parenthood Videos  (Read 384 times)

rangerrebew

Networks Still Aren’t Reporting on Planned Parenthood Videos
« on: September 02, 2015, 02:05:36 pm »
Networks Still Aren’t Reporting on Planned Parenthood Videos

Kate Scanlon / September 01, 2015

Three major broadcast networks have not reported on the Center for Medical Progress’s undercover videos in one month, according to an analysis conducted by the Media Research Center.

“In fact, the three broadcast networks, ABC, NBC and CBS, haven’t reported on a single video exposing Planned Parenthood’s trafficking of aborted babies during their news shows in 31 days—or one full month,” the Media Research Center’s Katie Yoder wrote in a piece published Monday.

Following the release of the videos, Planned Parenthood faces allegations that it is engaged in the sale of aborted fetal body parts. The organization also faces several state and congressional investigations.

The Center for Medical Progress released a new undercover video on Tuesday of a conversation actors portraying potential buyers from a human biologics company had with Perrin Larton, the procurement manager for Advanced Bioscience Resources, a company that procures fetal organs from Planned Parenthood clinics.

According to Yoder’s study, the most recent report on one of the three networks occurred on CBS on July 31, when the release of the fourth undercover video was briefly discussed.

The last time NBC reported on one of the videos was July 30, the day before CBS reported on the subject.

ABC last reported on the videos on July 16, two days after the release of the first video featuring Planned Parenthood Federation of America’s senior director of medical services, Dr. Deborah Nucatola, on July 14.

Yoder added that the lack of additional reporting means “the networks have still only played 1 minute and 13 seconds of footage from these videos on air.”

The Daily Signal previously reported on a Media Research Center study showing how little time CBS, NBC, and ABC had devoted to covering the Center for Medical Progress’s videos.

The networks showed no graphic footage of fetal body parts during their coverage, although two of the videos depict Planned Parenthood staffers dissecting aborted fetal remains.

Spokespersons for CBS, NBC, and ABC did not immediately return The Daily Signal’s request for comment.

The Center for Medical Progress has released a series of undercover videos depicting Planned Parenthood and StemExpress officials discussing the sale of fetal body parts at the organization’s affiliates.

Profiting from the sale of fetal human organs is a felony in the United States.

Spokespersons for Planned Parenthood and StemExpress have denied participation in illegal transactions involving fetal tissue.

“Planned Parenthood adheres to the highest standards and follows all laws,” Planned Parenthood Chief Executive Cecile Richards wrote in a recent letter to Congress.

http://dailysignal.com//print?post_id=201424
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 02:06:33 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Relic

Re: Networks Still Aren’t Reporting on Planned Parenthood Videos
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 02:09:56 pm »
Abortion is a feminist sacrament. Feminism is a cornerstone of the liberal dogma. The networks won't cover this story, ever.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 03:40:38 pm »
Abortion is a feminist sacrament. Feminism is a cornerstone of the liberal dogma. The networks won't cover this story, ever.

And GOP Congressional "leaders" will run from it.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2015, 03:54:48 pm »
And GOP Congressional "leaders" will run from it.

As they do from everything that matters!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2015, 03:59:43 pm »

That's correct.

The news media routinely give any story that contradicts the preferred narrative what Howie Carr calls "a good leaving alone".

Which is to say they ignore it, or report it selectively, or else report it indirectly by giving voice only to those who support the preferred narrative - which is like covering a sporting event entirely by means of crowd shots, and then by showing only those who support your team.

In this case, the nitwit networks (ABC/CBS/NBC/CNN/MSLSD) have largely "reported" on the PP videos by promoting the views and responses of pro-abortion activists.   

To the extent that they will cover it at all, the MSM might just as well cover the 2016 Republican National Convention largely by soliciting the reactions of Debbie Whassername Schmutz, Sid Blumenthal, and assorted other left-wing propagandists. I wouldn't put it past them.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

rangerrebew

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2015, 07:16:34 pm »
I've been wondering why so many liberals seem so happy lately.  It's true, ignorance is bliss. :whistle:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2015, 08:16:18 pm »

I would amend that statement by saying that it is a leftist feminist sacrament.  Abortion goes deeper than just the (pseudo) feminism of the left.  (That movement has never been about freedom for women).

Abortion is the sacred cow of the entire racist/eugenicist/anti-American/anti-life/anti-female leftist movement in America.

And Margaret Sanger is their patron saint.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2015, 08:26:29 pm »
I would amend that statement by saying that it is a leftist feminist sacrament.  Abortion goes deeper than just the (pseudo) feminism of the left.  (That movement has never been about freedom for women).

Abortion is the sacred cow of the entire racist/eugenicist/anti-American/anti-life/anti-female leftist movement in America.

And Margaret Sanger is their patron saint.

Well said and absolutely true!  :patriot:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Paladin

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2015, 08:53:13 pm »
There is an element of progress in this story. Times past a representative of the government would act as censor and order news outlets what they could and could not broadcast. Today it's done by the newsroom personnel itself, thus cutting out the middleman.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.