Author Topic: Pollsters dumbfounded by Trump  (Read 12879 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Pollsters dumbfounded by Trump
« Reply #150 on: August 29, 2015, 03:32:21 am »
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,178857.0.html  (thread originator)
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,178461.0.html (posts here)

Despite what you think, the children born in America from illegal parents are US citizens.  You would strip them of their citizenship because of their blood.

And despite what YOU think they are not!

And neither of those so called examples you cite say a WORD about revoking anyone's citizenship so you ate STILL a liar!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #151 on: August 29, 2015, 03:34:25 am »
Your own post here proves point #1. 

And despite hating Obama for his purges, you want purges.

We've been under a silent coup going on seven years now.  He's fundamentally changed America.  He did it.  And he's not done yet.

Everything he stands for is against USA interests.  He would like to be instrumental in the dissolving of Israel.

Damned right I'm going to replace every person appointed or raised during his administration.  Every one.

"Gonna deport them and make them come back legally."      :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Godzilla

« Reply #152 on: August 29, 2015, 03:37:14 am »
And despite what YOU think they are not!

And neither of those so called examples you cite say a WORD about revoking anyone's citizenship so you ate STILL a liar!

Like I said, you don't view them as citizens, despite being born in America, all due to the sins of their fathers.  They aren't limpieza de sangre.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limpieza_de_sangre

Related to it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hidalgo_(nobility)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 03:44:17 am by Godzilla »

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #153 on: August 29, 2015, 03:37:22 am »
When it infers that I'm ready to pack them in boxcars...you're damned right I'll get bitter.  Come on, man!      **nononono*
Fair enough.  I probably shouldn't have butted in anyway.

« Reply #154 on: August 29, 2015, 03:39:32 am »
I would never put anyone on Ignore, I just scroll on past sometimes if I'm not in the mood.   :laugh:
:beer:

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #155 on: August 29, 2015, 03:43:51 am »
Like I said, you don't view them as citizens, despite being born in America, all due to the sins of their fathers.  They aren't limpieza de sangre.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limpieza_de_sangre

Are you in Junior high school? That seems to be the level you are arguing on here!

Citizenship is something GRANTED to non citizens and it isn't done just because they happen to be on U.S. soil when they enter this world!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #156 on: August 29, 2015, 03:50:35 am »
Whether you want to admit it or think it's tin-foil hat territory doesn't phase me.  We currently have people at the top of our military branches that would not hesitate to turn their troops on specified Americans.   And they have the squads trained to do it.

That is tin-foil hat worthy.

We have military leaders handpicked by Barack Obama.  That alone should send shivers to the top of your head.

You're damned right we're purging them.

Every registered Democrat can giving orders since 2009 from General to Colonel can kiss off.  There's a new Sheriff in town.

I couldn't agree more with this.

Godzilla

« Reply #157 on: August 29, 2015, 03:51:07 am »
Are you in Junior high school? That seems to be the level you are arguing on here!

Citizenship is something GRANTED to non citizens and it isn't done just because they happen to be on U.S. soil when they enter this world!

Unfortunately, you argue a lie and hold it as gospel.

There are tens of thousands of American citizens who were born of illegals.  They live here in America right now.  They have US passports, visas, voting rights, the lot.  They *ARE* citizens.

And you would strip them of that.  Creating a class of stateless people right here in America.

Mexico would be under no compunction to take them back.

What then, put them in camps to concentrate them into manageable locations?  Fishrrman has already posted his support of that idea.  (http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,178962.msg705275.html#msg705275)

That is a very dark future.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #158 on: August 29, 2015, 04:01:36 am »

Cruz says it IS IN THE Constitution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ab7XPocA0Y#t=119
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Godzilla

« Reply #159 on: August 29, 2015, 04:03:02 am »
I couldn't agree more with this.

Like I said, purges based on ideology... not warfighting competence.

There was a phrase in the USSR under Stalin.

How are you serving, comrade? 
     I serve the working people!

People were purged for failing to answer that with sufficient loyalty.

I guess the new oath is now:

How are you serving Trump?
    I serve him with all my heart, with all my mind, and with all my soul!

And failure to answer with sufficient loyalty is grounds for immediate dismissal (for now).
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 04:14:29 am by Godzilla »

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #160 on: August 29, 2015, 04:09:42 am »
Birthright citizenship IS the interpretation which has been operative for several generations and for many decades. It is therefore legally a *precedent.

Cruz says so also. To change this requires legislation, but until that happens, they ARE citizens, as are their children and grandchildren. To say they are not is simply ignorant.

*Precedent is part of English Common Law, the basis for our system.

If these concepts and facts are alien or new or difficult to understand, your community college system has classes in "Introduction to Law, #100 and #101"

Oceander

« Reply #161 on: August 29, 2015, 04:11:26 am »
LOL

My wife is a brilliant woman but we often disagree on politics.  I always vote GOP and she voted for Obama in 2008.  She thinks the voters are stupid and I trust in the common sense of the average guy.  She and I have a bet.  Decorum prevents me from detailing what I win, but if Trump win the nomination I have to wear a T-shirt that says "The voters are stupid," and If Trump wins the Presidency I have to wear a Tshirt that says "I miss Obama."

:thumbsup:

Oceander

« Reply #162 on: August 29, 2015, 04:14:37 am »
I'm about ready to put a couple on ignore.

But then, I wouldn't be surprised if some folks have -me- "on ignore"!  ....;

I'd be surprised if some folks didn't have me on ignore.   :seeya:

I tried using "ignore" once but I found that I simply couldn't resist looking at the posts anyways, so there really wasn't any point to it.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #163 on: August 29, 2015, 04:15:25 am »
I tried using "ignore" once but I found that I simply couldn't resist looking at the posts anyways, so there really wasn't any point to it.

:beer:      :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline famousdayandyear

« Reply #164 on: August 29, 2015, 04:18:07 am »

There was a phrase in the USSR under Stalin.

How are you serving, comrade? 
     I serve the working people!

People were purged for failing to answer that with sufficient loyalty.

I guess the new oath is now:

How are you serving Trump?
    I serve him with all my heart, with all my mind, and with all my soul!

And failure to answer with sufficient loyalty is grounds for immediate dismissal (for now).

ONCE again:

Step away from the Play Station.  This is not "Call of Duty"

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #165 on: August 29, 2015, 04:25:33 am »
Unfortunately, you argue a lie and hold it as gospel.

There are tens of thousands of American citizens who were born of illegals.  They live here in America right now.  They have US passports, visas, voting rights, the lot.  They *ARE* citizens.

And you would strip them of that.  Creating a class of stateless people right here in America.

Mexico would be under no compunction to take them back.

What then, put them in camps to concentrate them into manageable locations?  Fishrrman has already posted his support of that idea.  (http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,178962.msg705275.html#msg705275)

That is a very dark future.

YOU are dead wrong! NO ONE, and certainly not me, has said one word about revoking anyone's citizenship!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #166 on: August 29, 2015, 04:27:55 am »

So what? Is it impossible for him to be wrong about something?  Every bit of evidence I've seen says that he is in this case!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #167 on: August 29, 2015, 04:40:45 am »
YOU are dead wrong! NO ONE, and certainly not me, has said one word about revoking anyone's citizenship!

He claims we're guilty by association or support for a deportation exercise, possibly on a large scale.

Trump said, first, he clean out the gangs.  Then the ones we're raising in our jails.

That will keep them busy for awhile, IMO.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #168 on: August 29, 2015, 04:42:43 am »
So what? Is it impossible for him to be wrong about something?  Every bit of evidence I've seen says that he is in this case!
I will go with the man you call a brilliant Constitutional scholar, over your layperson opinion.

« Reply #169 on: August 29, 2015, 04:46:35 am »

What you call purges I think of as common sense.  rats are not competent.  And it is perfectly understandable why a Commander in Chief would want loyal generals.

Sorry you disagree.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #170 on: August 29, 2015, 04:49:15 am »

That youtube is from 2011.

But from a more recent interview (Aug 23, 2015):

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ted-cruz-birthright-citizenship-doesnt-make-sense/

"Yet some constitutional scholars, according to Cruz, say that Congress could simply "pass a law defining what the words in the 14th Amendment 'subject to the jurisdiction' means." But in order to assure the repeal of birthright citizenship, the Texas senator also proposed wholly amending the Constitution, saying "we should change the law."

"My view, there's a good faith argument on both sides," Cruz said. "We should pursue whichever one is effective but as a policy matter, we should change the law."

So now he is saying although there needs to be an amendment to the Constitution - that a law could be passed defining what the words in the 14th amendment mean. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Oceander

« Reply #171 on: August 29, 2015, 04:49:43 am »
What you call purges I think of as common sense.  rats are not competent.  And it is perfectly understandable why a Commander in Chief would want loyal generals.

Sorry you disagree.

Agreed.  Political appointees usually get shown the door when the new administration comes in.  It only makes sense that the boss would want people she/he believes she/he can trust in high level positions.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #172 on: August 29, 2015, 04:58:33 am »
Birthright citizenship IS the interpretation which has been operative for several generations and for many decades. It is therefore legally a *precedent.

Cruz says so also. To change this requires legislation, but until that happens, they ARE citizens, as are their children and grandchildren. To say they are not is simply ignorant.

*Precedent is part of English Common Law, the basis for our system.

If these concepts and facts are alien or new or difficult to understand, your community college system has classes in "Introduction to Law, #100 and #101"

So just because we have been doing something wrong for however long means we must forever keep doing it wrong?  I think not!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #173 on: August 29, 2015, 04:59:48 am »
I will go with the man you call a brilliant Constitutional scholar, over your layperson opinion.

You go with whatever you like! I'm not going to stop you!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #174 on: August 29, 2015, 05:07:02 am »
That youtube is from 2011.

But from a more recent interview (Aug 23, 2015):

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ted-cruz-birthright-citizenship-doesnt-make-sense/

"Yet some constitutional scholars, according to Cruz, say that Congress could simply "pass a law defining what the words in the 14th Amendment 'subject to the jurisdiction' means." But in order to assure the repeal of birthright citizenship, the Texas senator also proposed wholly amending the Constitution, saying "we should change the law."

"My view, there's a good faith argument on both sides," Cruz said. "We should pursue whichever one is effective but as a policy matter, we should change the law."

So now he is saying although there needs to be an amendment to the Constitution - that a law could be passed defining what the words in the 14th amendment mean.
Yes, I have listened carefully to him. If he says it is in the Constitution, and that a law would be necessary to change that, it CLEARLY REFUTES those who say they are not citizens.