Author Topic: Pollsters dumbfounded by Trump  (Read 12913 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Pollsters dumbfounded by Trump
« Reply #50 on: August 28, 2015, 01:45:49 am »
whatever

You need to lighten up, Francis!   :seeya:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2015, 02:13:35 am »
--and scoot past the monumental ego :whistle:

Eeets Beeeg!
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #52 on: August 28, 2015, 02:15:24 am »
This is what really disturbs me about Donald Trump. His I’m smarter than you, I’m smarter than the dummies in Washington, and I’m going to take charge and I’m just going to do what I want to do, and nobody can stop me.   This is the ultimate Top-Down anti-Tea Party attitude we have been battling against. The conservatives that pride themselves as being a leaderless movement, who believed in the rule of law over the rule of man and bottom-up government – seems to have latched onto just the opposite.  We have been fighting an Imperial Executive, for more than seven years, and now fighting to get even a bigger one into office.

Have you ever heard Donald mention the Constitution?  Wonder what happens when the White House council comes to Mr. Trump, and says "legally sir, you can’t do that."  Trump will find a way, damn the law, damn the Constitution. 

We don’t need a more powerful White House, we need a more powerful America.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

bkepley

« Reply #53 on: August 28, 2015, 02:19:02 am »

The important thing is the glory of something or other!

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2015, 02:31:59 am »
This is what really disturbs me about Donald Trump. His I’m smarter than you, I’m smarter than the dummies in Washington, and I’m going to take charge and I’m just going to do what I want to do, and nobody can stop me.   This is the ultimate Top-Down anti-Tea Party attitude we have been battling against. The conservatives that pride themselves as being a leaderless movement, who believed in the rule of law over the rule of man and bottom-up government – seems to have latched onto just the opposite.  We have been fighting an Imperial Executive, for more than seven years, and now fighting to get even a bigger one into office.

Have you ever heard Donald mention the Constitution?  Wonder what happens when the White House council comes to Mr. Trump, and says "legally sir, you can’t do that."  Trump will find a way, damn the law, damn the Constitution. 

Would imagine that a Republican Senate and House would be able to control 'President' Trump.   

In fact, they would probably wake up from the coma they've apparently been in, the past 7 years.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #55 on: August 28, 2015, 02:35:02 am »

:amen:
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #56 on: August 28, 2015, 02:35:18 am »
Would imagine that a Republican Senate and House would be able to control 'President' Trump.   

In fact, they would probably wake up from the coma they've apparently been in, the past 7 years.

That won't last long, because Democrats will take over both houses long before Trump ends his term in office, all because Trump will demonize his opposition, even if its own party.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #57 on: August 28, 2015, 02:40:22 am »
That won't last long, because Democrats will take over both houses long before Trump ends his term in office, all because Trump will demonize his opposition, even if its own party.

There's some weird idea here that IF Trump gets elected, Congress will fall to their knees and bow to him, as if he were Emperor Trump and not just the head of one of the co-equal branches of the government.

Power doesn't relinquish power without a fight.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #58 on: August 28, 2015, 02:44:27 am »
There's some weird idea here that IF Trump gets elected, Congress will fall to their knees and bow to him, as if he were Emperor Trump and not just the head of one of the co-equal branches of the government.

That's my take, too, Luis.

Seems to me that a Republican controlled House and Senate would settle him down quite a bit.

But I'll tell you one thing....Boehner and McConnell would be replaced.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #59 on: August 28, 2015, 02:46:12 am »

Not a chance.....it's going to take more than 2 years to get the Obama stench off of us. 

Democrats are going to be exposed as America's enemies.   It could be the end of that Party.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #60 on: August 28, 2015, 02:57:29 am »
That's my take, too, Luis.

Seems to me that a Republican controlled House and Senate would settle him down quite a bit.

But I'll tell you one thing....Boehner and McConnell would be replaced.

No they won't.

You say things as if you have a clear insight into the future, and Trump is The Messiah.

Rebellions have a funny way of not behaving the way people thought the would.

Just as some are rebelling against the GOPe, some will rebel against the anti-GOPe.

Since we're all discussing Trump's reign over the polls, here are some more polls:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/2016_presidential_race.html

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #61 on: August 28, 2015, 02:57:42 am »

Because of course as we've seen over and over, Congress has been an impenetrable stonewall to Obama...

:whistle:
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline famousdayandyear

« Reply #62 on: August 28, 2015, 03:04:04 am »
Congress is paid off by special interests and lobbyists as we speak.
Trump could hire the very same lobbyists to feed the pigs for his own agenda. 

Simple.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #63 on: August 28, 2015, 03:15:16 am »
Congress is paid off by special interests and lobbyists as we speak.
Trump could hire the very same lobbyists to feed the pigs for his own agenda. 

Simple.

I love your vision of a better America.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #64 on: August 28, 2015, 03:16:15 am »

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #65 on: August 28, 2015, 03:20:49 am »

Apparently, so are Luis, Once-Ler, Godzilla, Bkepley, Sinkspur, and Kevin Davis...to name a few.     :chairbang:

Embarassed.

Oceander

« Reply #66 on: August 28, 2015, 03:22:30 am »

Apparently, so are Luis, Once-Ler, Godzilla, Bkepley, Sinkspur, and Kevin Davis...to name a few.     :chairbang:

Dumbfounded by the gullibility of republicans/conservatives.

« Reply #67 on: August 28, 2015, 03:38:47 am »
We all need to lighten up...except you DC.  You seem extremely happy.  Good for you. :beer:

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #68 on: August 28, 2015, 03:39:40 am »
Embarassed.

Hmmmm.....IMO, the tone/content of your posts over the past couple of weeks indicate "dumbfounded" to be a better word than "embarrassed.   :laugh:

OTOH..."upset" works too! 

« Reply #69 on: August 28, 2015, 03:47:52 am »
Hmmmm.....IMO, the tone/content of your posts over the past couple of weeks indicate "dumbfounded" to be a better word than "embarrassed.   :laugh:

OTOH..."upset" works too!
dumbfounded?  sure a little.  upset? yeah.
Fascinated is closer to the truth IMO.

My comment could have been misunderstood so and for the record I'm embarrassed by Trump running for the nomination, and I am embarrassed that I thought conservatives could see through him.

but there is a lot of time to see how things play out and I am certainly enjoying the spectacle.

Oceander

« Reply #70 on: August 28, 2015, 03:49:20 am »
dumbfounded?  sure a little.  upset? yeah.
Fascinated is closer to the truth IMO.

My comment could have been misunderstood so and for the record I'm embarrassed by Trump running for the nomination, and I am embarrassed that I thought conservatives could see through him.

but there is a lot of time to see how things play out and I am certainly enjoying the spectacle.

:2popcorn:

Offline evadR

« Reply #71 on: August 28, 2015, 03:51:22 am »
I’m smarter than you,
He probably is

I’m smarter than the dummies in Washington,
He definitely is

and I’m going to take charge
He definitely will

and I’m just going to do what I want to do, and nobody can stop me. 
I dunno about that one
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline famousdayandyear

« Reply #72 on: August 28, 2015, 04:00:06 am »
Pollsters are dumbfounded because they have no idea of how a regular American taxpayer lives.  Not the cowboy, not the nurse, not the hand in an oil patch, not the fisherman, not the auto mechanic, not the clerk, not the pharmacist, not the carpenter, not the construction worker, and on and on.

The pollsters are dumbfounded because they are DUMB!
Stupid cannot be fixed.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #73 on: August 28, 2015, 04:05:43 am »
I’m smarter than you,
He probably is

I’m smarter than the dummies in Washington,
He definitely is

and I’m going to take charge
He definitely will

and I’m just going to do what I want to do, and nobody can stop me. 
I dunno about that one

Isn't it funny that America's greatest President was a Gentleman farmer who humbled himself before God and man,  not a popular blowhard socialite.

Offline famousdayandyear

« Reply #74 on: August 28, 2015, 04:14:49 am »
Isn't it funny that America's greatest President was a Gentleman farmer who humbled himself before God and man,  not a popular blowhard socialite.

I gather you are satisfied with things as they are in DC and do not welcome anyone who will shake it up a bit, and get people like you and me talking about how to save our great country from the scam artists currently in charge.

How bout you and me talk about the big picture and grasp the great tasks before us.  You have the word NAVY in your sign-on.  I'm guessing you probably served your country.  Thank you for that service.
Let's you and I, then, continue to serve her as best we can by having an honest dialogue.  Do you agree?