Author Topic: Cruz accuses Megyn Kelly of asking "mainstream media liberal" question  (Read 2681 times)

Offline EdinVA

Re: Cruz accuses Megyn Kelly of asking "mainstream media liberal" question
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2015, 08:04:31 pm »
Wait a minute. Here's the flow of the conversation:

truth_seeker: Is this what Republicans want? La Migra be coming to your home or your work, be asking for your "papers?"

You: I don't know what other registered Republicans want but, yes, that be what I want.

Now you evolve from I want the door kicked down by ICE and the illegals thrown out, to due process.

Where exactly would you suggest that we send letters to people who we don't technically know are here?

Should we send them to everyone with foreign-sounding last names?

Should I get one and have to prove that I am a citizen?

Would the letters go out to everyone named Gonzalez, Perez, Rodriguez as well as Scalini, Hauptmann, Ginsberg and Ubutu?

Exactly how would you go about assembling that mailer?

Luis, since everyone in the world is wrong but you, what do you suggest?
Something has to be done we cannot continue to ignore the problem.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2015, 08:19:15 pm »
Wait a minute. Here's the flow of the conversation:

truth_seeker: Is this what Republicans want? La Migra be coming to your home or your work, be asking for your "papers?"

You: I don't know what other registered Republicans want but, yes, that be what I want.

Now you evolve from I want the door kicked down by ICE and the illegals thrown out, to due process.

Where exactly would you suggest that we send letters to people who we don't technically know are here?

Should we send them to everyone with foreign-sounding last names?

Should I get one and have to prove that I am a citizen?

Would the letters go out to everyone named Gonzalez, Perez, Rodriguez as well as Scalini, Hauptmann, Ginsberg and Ubutu?

Exactly how would you go about assembling that mailer?

I'm not going to sing to your tune, Luis. Off hand, start by sending inquiries at construction companies and landscapers. I'm sure we can come up with a plan without conjuring images of Elian.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2015, 08:26:09 pm »
I'm not going to sing to your tune, Luis. Off hand, start by sending inquiries at construction companies and landscapers. I'm sure we can come up with a plan without conjuring images of Elian.
Presumably any legitimate business will have a signed 1-9 already filed with the Fed for each employee.  Non-legitimate businesses will cover up for their illegal employees.

It is the responsibility of the candidate who proposes change to come up with a plan to implement the plan.  Cruz is still unable to articulate the proposed change much less a plan to make it happen. 

I want to know if he proposes to deport citizens as Trump does.

Offline evadR

« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2015, 08:41:45 pm »
So what answer do YOU want to hear?
Deport the parents.  Their choice to take the kids with them or have them stay with someone else.
What answer I want to hear is not the question.

The question is Why is Cruz afraid to give an answer?
If Cruz says he'd deport them all, that's an answer.
If he says he wouldn't deport anyone, that's an answer.
If he says he'd deport the parents and not the kids, that's an answer.

Pick one Ted, and tell us why?
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Online libertybele

« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2015, 08:46:06 pm »
...hmm...I have a different take.  He did state that the 14th amendment needs to be changed.  That amendment deals with birthright citizenship.  So...IMHO, until that amendment is changed ... under the constitution...and how it stands it has been interpreted until now, children of ILLEGAL parents are citizens.  So there is quite a dilemma ... especially for Cruz who is very much a constitutionalist.  Of course, who wants to go on record and state that you either split up families or deport American citizens? I think he did answer the question, but Kelly didn't understand or wanted a different answer to an issue really that has to do with the 14th amendment...that answer Cruz gave wasn't to her liking.  Do I feel that Kelly asked the question in a liberal mainstream media way?  Absolutely.  When he gave his answer regarding the 14th amendment, she could have asked him what that would entail and how it would resolve the issue.  Instead she accused him of not answering her question and kept firing the same question at him. 

« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 08:55:15 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline evadR

« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2015, 08:56:32 pm »
...hmm...I have a different take.  He did state that the 14th amendment needs to be changed.  That amendment deals with birthright citizenship.  So...IMHO, until that amendment is changed ... under the constitution...and how it stands it has been interpreted until now, children of ILLEGAL parents are citizens.  So there is quite a dilemma ... especially for Cruz who is very much a constitutionalist.  Of course, who wants to go on record and state that you either split up families or deport American citizens.  I think he did answer the question, but Kelly didn't understand or wanted a different answer to an issue really that has to do with the 14th amendment...that answer Cruz gave wasn't to her liking.
Well then, based on that, which of the 3 possibilities did he pick?

I'll even list a 4th..Megyn, I'm not going to answer that question.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2015, 09:26:05 pm »
Well then, based on that, which of the 3 possibilities did he pick?

I'll even list a 4th..Megyn, I'm not going to answer that question.

Secure the border and pass legislation/constitutional amendment to change birthright citizenship.

Why is that not an answer?

Offline evadR

« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2015, 09:34:33 pm »
Secure the border and pass legislation/constitutional amendment to change birthright citizenship.

It is an answer, but not to the question that was asked. I have bolded the part of the question that was asked, that he did not/would not/was afraid to answer.

“if you have a husband and a wife who are illegal immigrants, and they have two children who are here, who are American citizens, would you deport all of them? Would you deport the American citizen children?”

Offline evadR

« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2015, 09:37:56 pm »

It is an answer, but not to the question that was asked. I have bolded the part of the question that was asked, that he did not/would not/was afraid to answer.

“if you have a husband and a wife who are illegal immigrants, and they have two children who are here, who are American citizens, would you deport all of them? Would you deport the American citizen children?”

Also, I do not accept Megan's premise that anchor babies are citizens of this country.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2015, 09:40:13 pm »

Also, I do not accept Megan's premise that anchor babies are citizens of this country.

Well, I consider it answered.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2015, 09:57:49 pm »
Can you prove that your parents were born in America?  Do you have their birth certificates?

And what about your parent's parents?  And theirs... and so on.

If just one of them were not documented as being American, then their children aren't American... and their children, and so on.

My parents and I came to America in 1956. I keep my naturalization papers in a fireproof safe.

Godzilla

« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2015, 09:58:40 pm »

The Supreme Court has upheld that premise.

Offline evadR

« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2015, 10:01:09 pm »
The Supreme Court has upheld that premise.
That's good to know. Can you cite the case? I'd like to read it.

Godzilla

« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2015, 10:08:28 pm »
That's good to know. Can you cite the case? I'd like to read it.

It's been posted here a number of times already, but here you go:

http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1G2-3401804351.html

The ruling stated:

UNITED STATES V. WONG KIM ARK, 169 U.S. 649 (1898), was an important interpretation of the clause in the Fourteenth Amendment to the Constitution declaring that "all persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction there of, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside." Wong Kim Ark was an American-born Chinese laborer whose parents were ineligible for citizenship under the naturalization laws. On his return to the United States after a visit to China, an attempt was made to debar him from entry under the Chinese Exclusion Act. Claiming that his birth in San Francisco, California, conferred citizenship, Wong Kim Ark secured a writ of habeas corpus. His case eventually reached the Supreme Court, which upheld his contention, with two justices dissenting. The principle laid down in this decision also served to protect Asians born in the United States against discriminatory state legislation.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 10:13:40 pm by Godzilla »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2015, 10:20:33 pm »
But those parents were legally in the United States when they gave birth to him, no? If I'm wrong, please correct me.

Offline evadR

« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2015, 10:23:43 pm »
But those parents were legally in the United States when they gave birth to him, no? If I'm wrong, please correct me.
You are absolutely correct and therein lies the difference.
Wong Kim was NOT an anchor baby.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2015, 11:11:59 pm »
Fascinating discussion!  Thank you, gentlemen!   :patriot:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online libertybele

« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2015, 11:15:51 pm »
Well, I consider it answered.

Ditto.  The questioned was answered, just not how Kelly wanted it answered.  I am beginning to get the feeling that perhaps she would prefer an "establishment" candidate in the oval office.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Godzilla

« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2015, 12:31:44 am »

Wong Kim Ark was an American-born Chinese laborer whose parents were ineligible for citizenship under the naturalization laws.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2015, 12:42:34 am »
Wong Kim Ark was an American-born Chinese laborer whose parents were ineligible for citizenship under the naturalization laws.

Being ineligible for citizenship does not mean they were residing in the United States illegally.

I was a legal resident--attended university, served in the Air Force--30 years before I was naturalized.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 12:52:55 am by aligncare »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2015, 02:21:36 am »
evadR2 wrote above:
[[ Cruz was then asked, “if you have a husband and a wife who are illegal immigrants, and they have two children who are here, who are American citizens, would you deport all of them? Would you deport the American citizen children?” ]]

Sure, deport the entire family, ALL of them.

When the kids turn 18, they can apply at the American Embassy to re-claim their American citizenship, and receive an American passport after their claim has been processed.

That's how the question should have been answered.

Offline evadR

« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2015, 03:03:57 am »
evadR2 wrote above:
[[ Cruz was then asked, “if you have a husband and a wife who are illegal immigrants, and they have two children who are here, who are American citizens, would you deport all of them? Would you deport the American citizen children?” ]]

Sure, deport the entire family, ALL of them.

When the kids turn 18, they can apply at the American Embassy to re-claim their American citizenship, and receive an American passport after their claim has been processed.

That's how the question should have been answered.
Now THAT is an answer to the question.
It wasn't so hard, was it??

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2015, 03:08:28 am »
Luis, since everyone in the world is wrong but you, what do you suggest?
Something has to be done we cannot continue to ignore the problem.

Secure the borders by increasing personnel and moving them closer to the actual border. Use drones to patrol the border and dispatch rapid-deployment units when border jumpers are identified.

Offer a pathway to legal status to qualifying individuals and minor children.

Set up a program like the old Bracero program but more suited for our times and allow for controlled flow back and forth over the border for legal, registered seasonal workers.

Set up expedited processing Courts in every State to deal with unwanted illegal aliens who did not take the chance to become legal, or legalized aliens who break laws.

Expand ICE 287(g) participation and increase the States' power under the program to identify, detain and begin actaul deportation processing.

Cut off all Federal funds to Sanctuary cities.

Replace family reunion policies with policies that control immigration based on the nation's specific needs.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline aligncare

« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2015, 03:15:02 am »
Secure the borders by increasing personnel and moving them closer to the actual border. Use drones to patrol the border and dispatch rapid-deployment units when border jumpers are identified.

Offer a pathway to legal status to qualifying individuals and minor children.

Set up a program like the old Bracero program but more suited for our times and allow for controlled flow back and forth over the border for legal, registered seasonal workers.

Set up expedited processing Courts in every State to deal with unwanted illegal aliens who did not take the chance to become legal, or legalized aliens who break laws.

Expand ICE 287(g) participation and increase the States' power under the program to identify, detain and begin actaul deportation processing.

Cut off all Federal funds to Sanctuary cities.

Replace family reunion policies with policies that control immigration based on the nation's specific needs.

Could you be more specific?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2015, 03:16:42 am »
What color is ICE uniforms? ....now I'm just funnin'