Author Topic: It’s no Camelot! Caroline Kennedy’s oversight of Japanese embassy slammed  (Read 947 times)

Offline Paladin

Anyone surprised? I mean, really?

"The State Department’s internal watchdog leveled biting criticism at the management style of U.S. Ambassador to Japan Caroline Kennedy in a new audit on Tuesday, citing “confusion among staff” and “major management challenges” in key offices at the Tokyo embassy.

And in an echo of the email woes plaguing former Secretary of State and 2016 Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Rodham Clinton, the inspection by the department’s Office of Inspector General (OIG) specifically faulted Ms. Kennedy, the daughter of President John F. Kennedy and President Obama’s personal pick for the job, and her aides for using “personal email accounts to send and receive messages containing official business.”

The 64-page audit, which included 65 recommendations to improve operations, identified a number of other shortcomings, including a focus by embassy analysts on daily reporting at the expense of developing contacts in the country; an uneven performance from diplomatic satellite offices; and hiring levels in the political, economic and consular sections that were “greater than [the] workload warrants.”

The inspectors noted that Ms. Kennedy’s celebrity and her popularity in Japan have put stress on embassy resources and public affairs operations. The post is considered one of the most prestigious in U.S. diplomatic ranks, with Japan ranking as America’s fourth-largest trading partner and the host to some 50,000 U.S. troops."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/aug/25/caroline-kennedy-oversight-of-japanese-embassy-sla/
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

rangerrebew

Inspector general cites Caroline Kennedy for using private email

By Sarah Westwood • 8/25/15 3:43 PM

Ambassador Caroline Kennedy was singled out by the State Department's watchdog for using a personal email account to conduct official business.

Kennedy, who has served as the U.S. ambassador to Japan since 2013, "used personal email accounts to send and receive messages containing official business," according to a State Department inspector general report made public Tuesday.

Other senior embassy staff also used personal email accounts to handle government communications, occasionally transmitting information marked "sensitive but unclassified" on commercial accounts, the report found.

State Department officials have faced heavy criticism for allowing former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton to conduct all of her government business using a private email account and server.

The agency has taken steps to ensure a similar situation does not occur again. Secretary John Kerry asked the inspector general to review State's policy on records management after news of Clinton's server emerged in March.

The inspector general also found problems with Kennedy's chief of staff, Debra DeShong Reed, in its report on the U.S. embassy in Japan.

Many embassy employees admitted they had little idea what DeShong Reed's actual duties were. Those the watchdog could discern — such as note-taking in high-level meetings with Japanese diplomats — were not performed well, with official reports from those meetings containing "gaps."

Embassy officials also mismanaged travel costs and had hired more staff than were actually needed, the inspector general reported.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/inspector-general-cites-caroline-kennedy-for-using-private-email/article/2570807
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 09:04:30 am by rangerrebew »

Offline PzLdr

Ooh! Even better than the Clintons. One of America's 'Royal family'. What's the Vegas line on whether anything will happen to her?
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline mountaineer

Hard to believe. She was sooo well qualified for the post ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Longiron

Hard to believe. She was sooo well qualified for the post ...

Naw! after someone explained to her what a Ambassador was she said she would do it. No different than Dan Rooney of the STEELERS becoming ambassador to Ireland for a couple years when he went from a life long PUBBIE to a LIB for Barry. White guilt at the finest?? :chairbang:
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 02:45:21 pm by Longiron »

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
She's not the brightest bulb in the box.  If she wasn't a Kennedy, she'd probably be working at a drive-through window somewhere. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
She's not the brightest bulb in the box.  If she wasn't a Kennedy, she'd probably be working at a drive-through window somewhere.

I would laugh but I can't cause it's true!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mountaineer

No different than Dan Rooney of the STEELERS becoming ambassador to Ireland for a couple years when he went from a life long PUBBIE to a LIB for Barry.
Exactly.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org