Author Topic: Starbucks’ new ‘tapas’ menu is totally disgusting  (Read 639 times)

bkepley

Starbucks’ new ‘tapas’ menu is totally disgusting
« on: August 21, 2015, 02:20:59 pm »
Lindsay Putnam
NY Post

If you’re looking to unwind over tapas and vino at Starbucks after a long day at the office, be prepared for a latte agita.

On Wednesday, the Seattle-based coffee chain unveiled a new campaign: “Starbucks Evenings,” featuring a menu of “savory small plates” and “a thoughtful selection of wine and craft beer” after 4 p.m. at 70 locations nationwide, including two in New York City.
I didn’t find a single piece of chicken sausage on a chicken sausage and mushroom flatbread ($6.95).

Chicken skewers ($4.95), meanwhile, turned out to be two chicken nuggets on a stick. The chicken was so rubbery and unpalatable, there was no doubt in my mind they were frozen and reheated — which a barista later confirmed.

“Yes, everything is frozen and reheated in the oven,” he said woefully.

I took a chance with another bar-food staple: spinach-and-artichoke dip ($5.95). The crust was overcooked, and in some places actually burnt, and wasn’t helped at all by a pile of borderline-stale pita chips that came with it.

More here: http://nypost.com/2015/08/20/starbucks-new-tapas-menu-is-totally-disgusting/

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Starbucks’ new ‘tapas’ menu is totally disgusting
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 02:46:15 pm »
Chicken skewers ($4.95), meanwhile, turned out to be two chicken nuggets on a stick.
Starbucks: where our customers are so gullible, they'll spend five dollars for two chicken nuggets on a stick.

That's brilliant, I have to say.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024