Author Topic: Planned Parenthood Supporter Blumenthal: Criminalize 'Crushing' of Animals  (Read 652 times)

rangerrebew

Planned Parenthood Supporter Blumenthal: Criminalize 'Crushing' of Animals

Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.), a supporter of Planned Parenthood, wants the federal government to criminalize a form of animal abuse called “crushing.”

Blumenthal is the co-sponsor of a bill [1] that describes "crushing"  as "actual conduct in which one or more non-human mammals, birds, reptiles, or amphibians is intentionally crushed, burned, drowned, suffocated, impaled or otherwise subjected to bodily injury."

WFSB-TV [2] reported the Connecticut Democrat discussed the proposed Prevent Animal Cruelty and Torture Act  [1]at an animal care center in South Windsor on Monday.

Blumenthal said, “This bipartisan bill - the first to outlaw animal cruelty at the federal level - states emphatically that these heinous acts are inhumane, illegal and intolerable in a civilized society.”

"My proposal would make it a felony punishable by seven years in prison to engage in acts of maiming and torturing animals," Blumenthal continued.

"Very simply, anyone who does those practices, as well as making videos of them, ought to be punished criminally under federal law."

Blumenthal has previously stated that he “will continue to stand” with Planned Parenthood [3]. The Senator fought against recent efforts by lawmakers to end Planned Parenthood's federal funding after the release of a series of videos showing the organization’s role in harvesting the organs of babies by The Center for Medical Progress [4].

“Planned Parenthood is under attack. It is under siege from a sensationalistic and disingenuous kind of publicity that are based on undercover videos, people are offended by them, and Planned Parenthood has in fact spoken to the merits of them,” Blumenthal said on the Senate floor on July 29.

“Planned Parenthood should need no defense from us because the American people support it.”

Source URL: http://cnsnews.com/blog/eric-scheiner/planned-parenthood-supporter-blumenthal-criminalize-crushing-animals

rangerrebew

:huh?:

Offline musiclady

This is what the radical left truly believes.

Crushing rats is barbaric.  Crushing human babies is 'women's health.'
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline aligncare

This is what the radical left truly believes.

Crushing rats is barbaric.  Crushing human babies is 'women's health.'

A world gone mad, m'lady. Driven mad by politics and political culture, I dare say.

Offline cammie

The cognitive dissonance is strong with this one.

Offline musiclady

A world gone mad, m'lady. Driven mad by politics and political culture, I dare say.

In great part, yes.  But those politics and political culture are driven by their complete lack of values.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
In great part, yes.  But those politics and political culture are driven by their complete lack of values.

The end result of "If it feels good do it"!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

The end result of "If it feels good do it"!

It surely is.