Author Topic: UK Muslim demographics – shortcuts  (Read 566 times)

rangerrebew

UK Muslim demographics – shortcuts
« on: August 18, 2015, 09:26:44 am »

Muslim Statistics - 14 August 2015

— The 2001 Census showed that out of the total UK population of 58.8 million, 1.6 million identify as Muslims. Muslims make up 4% of the entire population. — Students: 32% percent of Muslims on UK campuses believe killing in the name of religion is justified (2001). — Students: 54% percent wanted a Muslim Party to represent their world view in Parliament (2001).

— Students: 40% percent want Muslims in the UK to be under Sharia law (2001).

— The Government estimates the number of mosques in the UK to be around 1,000.

— Legal issues: Britain had over 85 Sharia courts in operation in 2009. Sharia courts run as a dual-court system, violating English laws.

— Unemployment: 50% of Muslim men and 75% of Muslim women are unemployed in 2011. (In 2004 that number was 13% for men, and 18% for women).

— Skill shortage: 33% of working-age Muslims in Great Britain had no qualifications in 2004, which is the highest rate of any religious group.

— Housing benefits: Muslims households were the least likely to be homeowners (52%) and are the most likely among all religious groups to be living in accommodation rented from the council or housing association (28%); 4% live rent-free (2009).

— Healthcare costs: Muslims, both male and female, had the highest rates of reported ill health in 2000. Age-standardized rates of “not good” health were 13% for Muslim males and 16% for Muslim females.

— Disability Benefits: Muslims had the highest rates of disability, with 24% of females and 21% of males claiming a disability (2009).

— Specialized crimes: In England one help center say they receive 500 calls for help from victims of honor violence every month (2010). That’s 6000 calls per year, pleading for help while 17,000 are assaulted or killed.

— Police estimates there are around 17,000 incidents of honor violence (in UK) each year, a recent report contends that one-fifth of all South Asian immigrants believe that “certain acts thought to shame families were “justification for violence.”

— Escalating crimes: Honor killings in UK police reports went up by 47% in just a year.

— The 39 police forces that gave Ikwro figures recorded 2,823 incidents in 2010 (excluding Wales and Scotland). Jasvinder Sanghera of victim support group Karma Nirvana said the real figure could be four times as high.

— Prison population: Muslims constitute 33% (10,672) of the entire country’s prison population. Although highly overrepresented, Muslims only make up 4% of the entire population.
 (...more)

http://en.europenews.dk/UK-Muslim-demographics-shortcuts-125392.html
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 09:27:36 am by rangerrebew »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: UK Muslim demographics – shortcuts
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2015, 01:39:11 am »
Missing (or I missed it):

The birth rate of muslims in England, vis-a-vis that of "native" (i.e., white) British.

This is what's going to swamp the Brits in 30-40 years, and threaten their existence.

What's the most popular baby name in many British cities?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: UK Muslim demographics – shortcuts
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2015, 02:05:37 am »
Missing (or I missed it):

The birth rate of muslims in England, vis-a-vis that of "native" (i.e., white) British.

This is what's going to swamp the Brits in 30-40 years, and threaten their existence.

What's the most popular baby name in many British cities?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-3X5hIFXYU
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien