Author Topic: Kerry: Russia, China ‘very likely’ reading my emails  (Read 644 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kerry: Russia, China ‘very likely’ reading my emails
« on: August 11, 2015, 09:57:24 pm »
http://thehill.com/policy/cybersecurity/250871-kerry-russia-china-very-likely-reading-my-emails

By Katie Bo Williams - 08/11/15 04:44 PM EDT

Secretary of State John Kerry told "CBS Evening News" anchor Scott Pelley that “it is very likely” China and Russia are reading his emails — and that he drafts his correspondences accordingly.

The remarks, part of an interview set to air Tuesday night, come in the wake of yet another high-profile infiltration of administration officials' emails.

"It is very likely,” Kerry said. “It is not ... outside the realm of possibility, and we know they have attacked a number of American interests over the course of the last few days."

In late July, Russian hackers cracked the Pentagon’s Joint Staff unclassified email system in a “sophisticated cyberattack” that officials believe originated in Moscow. Earlier this week, a NBC News report revealed that Chinese hackers have infiltrated the private email accounts for “many” top Obama administration officials. The Beijing-backed sweep targeted "all top national security and trade officials” and included the theft of email address books.

The National Security Agency (NSA) has not named the officials whose private emails were taken, but most of the fallout has focused on former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, who continues to come under fire for using a private email service hosted on her own server during her time in the State Department. The hackers are believed to have been accessing officials’ private accounts since April 2010, coinciding with Clinton’s use of a private email server from 2009 to 2013.

Security experts have said that Clinton’s server failed to follow best practices for encryption and that foreign intelligence agencies almost certainly knew about the account and would have tried to exploit it.

But while the Democratic presidential front-runner may be under the most public scrutiny for her email practices, the risk of foreign surveillance has not gone unnoticed by the current occupant of Clinton’s former post.

“It's very possible ... and I certainly write things with that awareness,” Kerry said.

Kerry compared fighting digital espionage and hacking to "the Wild West," noting that "spying has taken place for centuries and the latest means of spying is to be going after peoples' cyber." He indicated that China's "consistent" cyberattacks on the United States is "an issue that we recently raised very, very strongly in our dialogue with the Chinese."

"It’s on the agenda for the discussions between President Obama and President Xi [Jinping] when they meet in September," Kerry said. "We have agreed to begin to have a working group dig into this more directly because it is an enormous concern."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Kerry: Russia, China ‘very likely’ reading my emails
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 09:57:46 pm »
IDIOT
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline flowers

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 10:02:29 pm »
Good gwaad.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2015, 10:56:41 pm »
So, they know what a dumb$hit you are, John
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2015, 11:49:56 pm »
So, they know what a dumb$hit you are, John

:mauslaff:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2015, 12:51:46 am »
Secretary of State John Kerry told "CBS Evening News" anchor Scott Pelley that “it is very likely” China and Russia are reading his emails — and that he drafts his correspondences accordingly.

China and Russia to Kerry - "Why the hell would we bother with you? We only look for useful information."
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 12:52:24 am by EC »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2015, 01:01:12 am »
China and Russia to Kerry - "Why the hell would we bother with you? We only look for useful information."

LOL! That is an EXCELLENT point my brother!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2015, 01:25:18 am »

Beside the useful information is on Hillary's server..
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 01:25:46 am by kevindavis »
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2015, 01:50:13 am »

Beside the useful information is on Hillary's server..

and we already have all that!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2015, 02:25:05 am »
and we already have all that!

Problem is, folks...that our 'enemies' would rather have Clinton or any DEM in the Oval Office than any Republican.

Republicans don't shy away from slapping an enemy.  And they sure as hell will protect Israel.

With the DEMS, the flow of Middle Eastern oil is not guaranteed.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald