Author Topic: The Bernie Sanders Surge Appears To Be Over  (Read 2682 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Re: The Bernie Sanders Surge Appears To Be Over
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2015, 07:48:11 pm »
Well, you know how children need two parents....... one male and one female...... to have two different styles of discipline?

Let's say you're the Dad with the rod, and I'm the Mom with the lecture.   :patriot:

This post disturbs me.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline musiclady

« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2015, 08:01:42 pm »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2015, 08:12:11 pm »
Why?

The thought of Bigun disciplining me with a rod.
-Socrates

Offline musiclady

« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2015, 08:19:14 pm »
The thought of Bigun disciplining me with a rod.

It was a metaphor, Dex.

He hits your naïve posts with a hammer (sometimes), and I have repeatedly referred to your child-like naivte regarding the evil in the ME, and suggested you grow up in your views by a good dose of realism.

Thus, the metaphor.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2015, 08:22:14 pm »
Well, it's actually closer to a simile, but I think metaphor works (in case there are any grammarians out there).

Offline Dexter

« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2015, 08:22:33 pm »
It was a metaphor, Dex.

I entirely understood the meaning of your post. I was just being silly.
-Socrates

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2015, 08:41:29 pm »
He just got 27k in LA last night.  The kooks that comprise the Aden base are in for him.

Is he Howard Dean, the sequel?  Support that seems to be a mile wide, yet an inch deep?
I was thinking more the Left's version of Ron Paul. A strong following among young, white, downtrodden millennials with a conspiracy complex.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

bkepley

« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2015, 08:44:52 pm »
I was thinking more the Left's version of Ron Paul. A strong following among young, white, downtrodden millennials with a conspiracy complex.

Still see the occasional Ron Paul bumper sticker around here.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2015, 01:48:40 am »
Still see the occasional Ron Paul bumper sticker around here.

Same around here.  The Revolution is still alive and well.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2015, 02:22:40 am »
Same around here.  The Revolution is still alive and well.

Like Volvos and Priuses.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Paladin

« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2015, 04:27:30 am »
My next door neighbor has recently put up a sign which simply says, "Bernie". She's ok, though. I get along with her.

Her former husband, however, was a real piece of work. Last Presidential election I put up and Romney sign and he was overheard telling another neighbor how this was evidence I was a racist and wondered aloud if the next sign I was going to put up was "No Blacks Allowed". On some evenings I would sit in my back yard and enjoy their battles. Her favorite endearment for him was that he was a "worthless piece of s**t". (I'll second that).

Anyway he's gone and now the sign is there. I am the Republican PCO and am supposed to go door to door in my precinct and identify who the Republicans are. I figure I'll skip her place.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2015, 12:49:48 pm »
My next door neighbor has recently put up a sign which simply says, "Bernie". She's ok, though. I get along with her.

Her former husband, however, was a real piece of work. Last Presidential election I put up and Romney sign and he was overheard telling another neighbor how this was evidence I was a racist and wondered aloud if the next sign I was going to put up was "No Blacks Allowed". On some evenings I would sit in my back yard and enjoy their battles. Her favorite endearment for him was that he was a "worthless piece of s**t". (I'll second that).

Anyway he's gone and now the sign is there. I am the Republican PCO and am supposed to go door to door in my precinct and identify who the Republicans are. I figure I'll skip her place.

LOL!  Good move!