Author Topic: State of emergency issued in St. Louis County, Mo.  (Read 1006 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
State of emergency issued in St. Louis County, Mo.
« on: August 10, 2015, 07:49:48 pm »
St. Louis County, Mo. has issued a state of emergency following a spate of violence amid protests marking the one-year anniversary of the death of Michael Brown.

“In light of last night’s violence and unrest in the City of Ferguson, and the potential for harm to persons and property, I am exercising my authority as county executive to issue a state of emergency, effective immediately,” St. Louis County Executive Steve Stenger said in a statement obtained by FOX2.

Stenger said Police Chief Jon Belmar will have the authority to “exercise all powers and duties necessary to preserve order, prevent crimes, and protect the life and property of our citizens.”

Two instances of gun violence broke out Sunday night as protesters commemorated the death of Brown, an unarmed black man shot by a white police officer. One of the incidents allegedly involved a gunman firing at a group of police in an unmarked fan. Cops returned fire and the suspect is currently in critical condition in the hospital.

“The recent acts of violence will not be tolerated in a community that has worked so tirelessly over the last year to rebuild and become stronger,” Stenger said in the statement. “The time and investment in Ferguson and Dellwood will not be destroyed by a few that wish to violate the rights of others.”

----------

Here we go again.
The Republic is lost.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: State of emergency issued in St. Louis County, Mo.
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 08:18:25 pm »
Here we go again is right...I just don't understand the mentality of looting and burning down businesses where you live....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline evadR

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 08:20:07 pm »
oh noes............
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2015, 08:25:55 pm »
Here we go again is right...I just don't understand the mentality of looting and burning down businesses where you live....

Sadly I grew up in a town on the same river a couple of hours to the north, and the chump punk mentality is all the same. They are out for free stuff and to prove their manhood by destruction of property and assaulting anyone who dares look sideways. Don't ask me to explain it, but the only solution is night sticks, tasers, and 9 mm Glocks to put them down and restore the peace.
The Republic is lost.

Offline flowers

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2015, 08:35:32 pm »
It is called 20 plus years of the American education system.  Gotta have division between groups. Breakdown of America.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2015, 08:43:31 pm »
It is called 20 plus years of the American education system.  Gotta have division between groups. Breakdown of America.
Remember Watts, summer of 1965 ?? August 11 - 17, 1965.  That be startin tomorrow, fyi.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watts_riots
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2015, 08:47:47 pm »
Sadly I grew up in a town on the same river a couple of hours to the north, and the chump punk mentality is all the same. They are out for free stuff and to prove their manhood by destruction of property and assaulting anyone who dares look sideways. Don't ask me to explain it, but the only solution is night sticks, tasers, and 9 mm Glocks to put them down and restore the peace.

In 1906, during the San Francisco earthquake, they executed looters against a wall...ON THE SPOT!

Put an advance warning out that they will do the same for anybody caught burning and looting.

One thing for sure...Barack Obama will end his vacation immediately.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2015, 09:13:47 pm »

I grew up on the Illinois side of Mo..I know/knew Ferguson well..used to be mid to upper class....We used to shop in and around the area..my brother who still lives in Belleville, Il said I would not recognize the area anymore...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2015, 10:56:55 pm »
I grew up on the Illinois side of Mo..I know/knew Ferguson well..used to be mid to upper class....We used to shop in and around the area..my brother who still lives in Belleville, Il said I would not recognize the area anymore...
I lived 19 years in St. Louis County. Beyond saying I'm glad I moved, perhaps I shall refrain from comment.  **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline raml

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2015, 12:37:10 am »
I live in the southwestern part of Missouri a whole other country from there. I wouldn't live in St Louis or around there for any amount of money. It is not quite as bad as Detroit but getting there.