Author Topic: Schumer And The Secrets Of Iran  (Read 2560 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Schumer And The Secrets Of Iran
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2015, 06:39:09 pm »
I don't agree with part of your analysis at all!  The deal would do nothing but make the Mullahs even stronger and thus the method of removing them that we both favor ever more difficult!

What analysis?!  My last post was another guess at your preferred strategy!'

If I got it wrong, please!, in the name of GOD, enlightened me!

Please!  I am trying to understand you!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2015, 06:46:53 pm »
What analysis?!  My last post was another guess at your preferred strategy!'

If I got it wrong, please!, in the name of GOD, enlightened me!

Please!  I am trying to understand you!

You said
So (and I'm guessing again, so help me here)--your plan is to basically keep the status-quo, preferably with strong sanctions, leave the Iranian educated youth seething at the US and Israel, and then go in for some successful covert operations to "remove" the Mullahs.

I disagree with this part of that ..."leave the Iranian educated youth seething at the US and Israel..."  and agree with the rest.   I think there are a great many people there who understand that we have a really bad president right now and are awaiting the time when we no longer do!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2015, 06:52:27 pm »
I am puzzled why it's like pulling teeth to get you to suggest a solution to 'our' Iranian problem.

What would you want the next Republican POTUS to do regarding Iran?

Sanctions would alienate the coming generations of Iranians.  Nobody is going to sip coffee at the sidewalk cafe approving the continuation of wrecking their economy, which sanctions have done.

The way I see it?   A military action to kill all Mullahs and Republican Guard members.

And that's war.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2015, 07:01:10 pm »
You said
I disagree with this part of that ..."leave the Iranian educated youth seething at the US and Israel..."  and agree with the rest.   I think there are a great many people there who understand that we have a really bad president right now and are awaiting the time when we no longer do!

I just don't see how the US/Israel blocking sanctions relief isn't going to piss off a lot of Iranian youth just waiting for the chance to improve their economy and become a player in the world.    Isn't there the slightest possibility that this anger from Iran's young could be a serious dent in the "clandestine from inside removal of Mullahs thing"?

But if they truly are very understanding and waiting for a really good American president, just what would this really good American president do differently?  (And, why would anyone in Iran believe us this go round?)

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2015, 07:01:32 pm »
I am puzzled why it's like pulling teeth to get you to suggest a solution to 'our' Iranian problem.

What would you want the next Republican POTUS to do regarding Iran?

Sanctions would alienate the coming generations of Iranians.  Nobody is going to sip coffee at the sidewalk cafe approving the continuation of wrecking their economy, which sanctions have done.

The way I see it?   A military action to kill all Mullahs and Republican Guard members.

And that's war.

I know DC but I just can't help it! I've said far to much already!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2015, 07:03:15 pm »
I just don't see how the US/Israel blocking sanctions relief isn't going to piss off a lot of Iranian youth just waiting for the chance to improve their economy and become a player in the world.    Isn't there the slightest possibility that this anger from Iran's young could be a serious dent in the "clandestine from inside removal of Mullahs thing"?

But if they truly are very understanding and waiting for a really good American president, just what would this really good American president do differently?  (And, why would anyone in Iran believe us this go round?)

I've gone as far as I can. Said to much already in fact. Sorry.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2015, 07:30:12 pm »
I've gone as far as I can. Said to much already in fact. Sorry.

Well that is it!  I am NOT voting for you in the primaries!!!!!! 

« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2015, 07:47:29 pm »
Schumer's position is sincere. You could've knocked me over with a feather, but he is sincere. He's even risking a future speakership by taking this stance against the administration. 

Sincere about what?  Standing  against an agreement that has been accepted by the UN and will go forward without us?  Or standing up against an agreement that will not have the votes to override a president's veto?

How sincere is Chucky's proposed alternative? 

Offline musiclady

« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2015, 08:04:14 pm »
If you watch what they do, it's very difficult to believe that there is a Democrat in Washington D.C. that cares about America and Americans.

I'm afraid your observation is accurate.

I don't think there's a single Dem left in DC who gives a rip about the country.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2015, 08:17:02 pm »
Well that is it!  I am NOT voting for you in the primaries!!!!!!

LOL! That's good cause I'm not running!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline flowers

« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2015, 08:54:25 pm »
Fascinating....I still don't trust Schumer and I think he is against this deal with Iran only publicly cause he knows Obama already has the votes he needs...hope I'm wrong about Shumer.
I don't trust him either. He knows they don't have the votes to veto .