Author Topic: Man shoots down drone hovering over house  (Read 667 times)

bkepley

Man shoots down drone hovering over house
« on: July 31, 2015, 12:09:40 pm »
Chris Matyszczyk
CNET

Merideth, 47, lives in Hillview, Kentucky. As WDRB-TV reports, a neighbor heard gunshots and called the police. Merideth allegedly told the police that a drone was hovering over his house, where his teen daughter (he has two) was sunbathing. So he pulled out his gun and gave it a merry death.
However, Merideth told WRDB: "Well, I came out and it was down by the neighbor's house, about 10 feet off the ground, looking under their canopy that they've got under their back yard. I went and got my shotgun and I said, 'I'm not going to do anything unless it's directly over my property.'"

And then it allegedly was.

He says that shortly after the shooting, he received a visit from four men who claimed to be responsible for the drone and explaining that it cost $1,800.

Merideth says he stood his ground: "I had my 40 mm Glock on me and they started toward me and I told them, 'If you cross my sidewalk, there's gonna be another shooting.'"

There appears not to have been another shooting. However, Merideth was arrested for wanton endangerment and criminal mischief.

Merideth explained: "I didn't shoot across the road, I didn't shoot across my neighbor's fences, I shot directly into the air."

more here: https://www.yahoo.com/tech/s/man-shoots-down-drone-hovering-000032027.html

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: Man shoots down drone hovering over house
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 12:45:48 pm »
Love it!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!