Author Topic: Republicans like the Republican Party less and less. Why?  (Read 3065 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Republicans like the Republican Party less and less. Why?
« on: July 24, 2015, 06:01:36 pm »
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2015/07/24/republican-opinion-of-the-republican-party-is-dropping-why/

By Amber Phillips July 24 at 12:32 PM

Americans' opinion of the Republican Party is at a six-year low -- in part because an increasing number of Republicans don't think much of their own party.

In a new Pew Research poll, just 32 percent of Americans view the Republican Party favorably, a nine-point drop since January.

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Republicans like the Republican Party less and less. Why?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 06:03:53 pm »
Which is exactly what some of us have been saying here for many months!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Longiron

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 06:09:58 pm »

Where does one think the surge of INDEPENDENTS came from ??? The LIBS ?????? :patriot:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 06:12:31 pm »
It is worth reading this entire article.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Relic

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2015, 06:12:38 pm »

We gave them what they asked for... the House and the Senate. The response was, it's not enough, but give us more, and we might end up doing something.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2015, 06:16:06 pm »
We gave them what they asked for... the House and the Senate. The response was, it's not enough, but give us more, and we might end up doing something.

Have you seen the speech Ted Cruz made on the floor of the senate this morning?

I don't know how to post the video itself but here's a link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaWgFoVI4JU

Take the time to watch the entire thing! It's worth it!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 06:21:51 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2015, 06:17:33 pm »
Hmm. Why does the word feckless keep coming to mind?

Obama kicks America in the butt, GOP says thank you sir, may I have another? And I'm supposed to say, oh, gee, aren't those pubbies doing a swell job?

bkepley

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2015, 06:20:41 pm »
It is worth reading this entire article.

Indeed it is and it doesn't support the self-deluded.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2015, 06:29:16 pm »
Indeed it is and it doesn't support the self-deluded.

There is only ONE force involved and Ted Cruz explained it very well in his speech on the senate floor this morning!

Something about promising everything and delivering nothing!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

bkepley

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2015, 06:51:52 pm »
There is only ONE force involved and Ted Cruz explained it very well in his speech on the senate floor this morning!

Something about promising everything and delivering nothing!

Ok..but every time conservatives try there is a huge uproar.  I hope you are right but I doubt that a country which elected Obama twice is secretly desiring massive conservative change.  You seem to always blame the Republicans and give the public too much credit. I'd like to see ut but I am skeptical.  Here's the big chance.  Nothing should stop them.  They can vote super conservative for all three branches.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2015, 06:55:40 pm »
Ok..but every time conservatives try there is a huge uproar.  I hope you are right but I doubt that a country which elected Obama twice is secretly desiring massive conservative change.  You seem to always blame the Republicans and give the public too much credit. I'd like to see ut but I am skeptical.  Here's the big chance.  Nothing should stop them.  They can vote super conservative for all three branches.

Which will happen IF WE can overcome the media and go directly to the people just like Reagan did!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

bkepley

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2015, 07:02:57 pm »
Which will happen IF WE can overcome the media and go directly to the people just like Reagan did!

I think a lot of Reagan's success was Carter's failure.  There was a massive sense that liberal economics had failed.  Reagan didn't have to find voters, they were looking for him.  Maybe the same thing will happen again this time but I don't see any proof yet.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2015, 07:57:44 pm »
Have you seen the speech Ted Cruz made on the floor of the senate this morning?

I don't know how to post the video itself but here's a link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaWgFoVI4JU

Take the time to watch the entire thing! It's worth it!

Did watch it.  He's a good speaker, but sounded like he and Bernie are on the same sheet of music with respect to the trade pact.  I guess McConnell is off Ted's Christmas card list?
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2015, 08:02:56 pm »
I guess McConnell is off Ted's Christmas card list?

And mine to!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2015, 08:20:55 pm »
My take is the tactic is to NOT fix anything and let the dems get beat up.
The republicans are afraid if they fix something the media will give the dems credit...

At least I hope that is the plan, I hate to think it was because they were worthless.. :)

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2015, 08:49:21 pm »
I think a lot of Reagan's success was Carter's failure.  There was a massive sense that liberal economics had failed.  Reagan didn't have to find voters, they were looking for him.  Maybe the same thing will happen again this time but I don't see any proof yet.

In the same light, a lot of Cruz's success will be because of Obama's failures.  Liberal economics HAS failed.  Liberalism isn't working.  Hasn't worked and won't work.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2015, 09:04:34 pm »
The speech was very powerful and really indeed as Cruz stated sad.  It is despicable, that the Republican majority leader would out and out lie.  I applaud Ted Cruz ... and there should be no doubt as to why many loathe RINO's such as McConnell and why many will NOT vote RINO.

God Bless Ted Cruz and God Bless America (of what's left of it).  A sad day indeed.  :patriot:
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline evadR

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2015, 09:42:40 pm »
And mine to!
Well, he's on a different list for most people....their $hit list.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2015, 09:47:05 pm »
The speech was very powerful and really indeed as Cruz stated sad.  It is despicable, that the Republican majority leader would out and out lie.  I applaud Ted Cruz ... and there should be no doubt as to why many loathe RINO's such as McConnell and why many will NOT vote RINO.

God Bless Ted Cruz and God Bless America (of what's left of it).  A sad day indeed.  :patriot:

It was funny to hear Cruz call a vote to repeal Obamacare a "show vote" given his pretty worthless filibuster and support for any votes to repeal it.  I think most Republicans want the Export-Import back since it links to more exports here in the US and thus more production of goods.  Will be curious to hear McConnell's response.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2015, 09:48:46 pm »

So, basically what you're saying is that the people are dumber than you.

Obviously, you seem to believe that you've overcome the media.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2015, 09:58:51 pm »
My response is very unpopular here.

Social issues are driven to the front of the debate by liberals because they are the Achilles' heel of today's right wing. People have an image of the GOP that's based on fights against SSM, etc.

The image of the right wing in general, which is the de facto image of the GOP in the minds of the sans culottes is that of a bunch of religious moralists who would impose Christian sharia on the nation, all of it controlled by powerful, mega-wealthy evil billionaire tax scofflaws who eat poor black baby omelettes for brunch at Trump's Lago Mar in Palm Beach. I don't for one minute believe that poor black baby omelettes are served at Lago Mar.

Liberals spend their time trying to force people into doing things they don't want to do, while conservatives spend an equal amount of time trying to stop people from doing things they want to do.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 10:00:08 pm by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2015, 10:02:00 pm »
It was funny to hear Cruz call a vote to repeal Obamacare a "show vote" given his pretty worthless filibuster and support for any votes to repeal it.  I think most Republicans want the Export-Import back since it links to more exports here in the US and thus more production of goods.  Will be curious to hear McConnell's response.

I didn't quite see anything funny at all about Cruz' speech; he basically laid out the corruption that is taking place in the Senate and for that matter withing the Republican party.  Indeed McConnell's response (if he even responds) will be interesting.  I highly doubt that Cruz would put his political career on the line and lie about McConnell or Reid for that matter.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2015, 10:05:42 pm »
My response is very unpopular here.

Social issues are driven to the front of the debate by liberals because they are the Achilles' heel of today's right wing. People have an image of the GOP that's based on fights against SSM, etc.

The image of the right wing in general, which is the de facto image of the GOP in the minds of the sans culottes is that of a bunch of religious moralists who would impose Christian sharia on the nation, all of it controlled by powerful, mega-wealthy evil billionaire tax scofflaws who eat poor black baby omelettes for brunch at Trump's Lago Mar in Palm Beach. I don't for one minute believe that poor black baby omelettes are served at Lago Mar.

Liberals spend their time trying to force people into doing things they don't want to do, while conservatives spend an equal amount of time trying to stop people from doing things they want to do.

So Luis, we just forget about SSM, abortion etc and let that go where ever it goes and just focus on the money?

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2015, 10:14:31 pm »
I didn't quite see anything funny at all about Cruz' speech; he basically laid out the corruption that is taking place in the Senate and for that matter withing the Republican party.  Indeed McConnell's response (if he even responds) will be interesting.  I highly doubt that Cruz would put his political career on the line and lie about McConnell or Reid for that matter.

I don't know what the real story is other than his take on it.  I understand that he is upset over the Export-Import Bank and was unloading with a shotgun at McConnell.  What I said I thought was funny was his being upset over McConnell allowing a vote to repeal Obamacare given Cruz continual fight...to repeal Obamacare.

As for putting his political career on the line, he's running for president and this might be a good time to try to take some of the news away from Trump.  After all, timing is everything.  It's all politics, even with those "good guys".   ^-^

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2015, 10:15:54 pm »
So Luis, we just forget about SSM, abortion etc and let that go where ever it goes and just focus on the money?

FWIW (which ain't much), I wouldn't make them campaign themes.