Author Topic: Now Obama Wants to Ban Dishwashers  (Read 571 times)

rangerrebew

Now Obama Wants to Ban Dishwashers
« on: July 23, 2015, 11:49:33 am »
Now Obama Wants to Ban Dishwashers

“They found some stuff that was pretty disgusting”

July 22, 2015

Daniel Greenfield

Environmental standards had already made washing dishes hard enough.

It so happens that in the last six months, a lot of people have suddenly discovered their dishwashers don’t work as well as they used to. The problem, though, isn’t the dishwashers. It’s the soap. Last July, acceding to pressure from environmentalists, America’s dishwasher detergent manufacturers decided to change their formulas. And the new detergents stink.

A couple of months ago, Sandra Young from Vernon, Fla., started to notice that something was seriously amiss with her dishes.

"The pots and pans were gray, the aluminum was starting to turn black, the glasses had fingerprints and lip prints still on them, and they were starting to get this powdery look to them," Vernon says. "I'm like, oh, my goodness, my dishwasher must be dying; I better get a new dishwasher."

Young's not alone. Many people across the country are tearing out their hair over stained flatware, filmy glasses and ruined dishes.

Sandra Young was so mad that she called Procter & Gamble, which makes Cascade, to complain. But when she did, a company representative told her to be more careful about which pans she puts into her dishwasher.

"He said, 'Well, if you're really having that hard of a problem, maybe you should wash your dishes by hand.' Which I thought was kind of strange for an automatic dishwashing company."

Now if Obama has his way, the dishwasher will become completely useless.

The Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers is accusing the Department of Energy (DOE) of a politically motivated drive to increase dishwasher efficiency standards, which are so bad that they would cause consumers to re-wash dishes, erasing any efficiency gains.

Some of the group’s members, which include companies like GE Appliances & Lighting and Whirlpool Corp., tweaked their models to comply with the DOE’s December proposal to ratchet up standards.

They then ran standard tests with food stuck to dishes.

“They found some stuff that was pretty disgusting,” McAver said.

McAver suspects the DOE is pushing the rules to try and meet President Obama’s greenhouse gas emissions goals under the Climate Action Plan, his second-term climate change initiative.

Obama may not realize that unlike him, most Americans don't have servants to wash their dishes for them. They actually have to work, instead of playing golf all day while being catered to be a staff larger than the one that serves the Queen of England.

A US government shutdown would mean President Barack Obama had fewer people to cook meals, do the laundry, clean the floors or change the light bulbs, according to a White House contingency plan.

About three-quarters of president's 1,701-person staff would be sent home.

Of the 90 people who maintain the president's family living quarters, only 15 would remain to provide "minimum maintenance and support

Hard for a guy like that to understand why working families need to be able to quickly wash their dishes. Talk about Green Jobs.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Now Obama Wants to Ban Dishwashers
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 11:56:14 am »
Cascade Total...in the dissolving packets....that's the ticket!    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 12:04:28 pm »
I'm on my 9th dishwasher now. She's tall enough to reach the taps. Though numbers 7 and 8 still work well.  :tongue2:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2015, 12:27:15 pm »
Solution: TSP - Trisodium Phosphate. You can buy a box in Lowe's or Home Depot. Add 1-2 teaspoons to each diswasher load. Your dishes and glasses will suddenly be sparkling clean once again.

The wife and I have been doing this for over three years now, and it works beautifully. We also use TSP in the washing machine, and for the same reason. Our white towels are white again. 
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 12:28:32 pm by andy58-in-nh »
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2015, 01:12:22 am »
Andy wrote above:
[[ Our white towels are white again. ]]

Andy, you should be ashamed.
The statement above reeks of "white privilege"...   ;)

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2015, 01:41:31 am »
Solution: TSP - Trisodium Phosphate. You can buy a box in Lowe's or Home Depot. Add 1-2 teaspoons to each diswasher load. Your dishes and glasses will suddenly be sparkling clean once again.

The wife and I have been doing this for over three years now, and it works beautifully. We also use TSP in the washing machine, and for the same reason. Our white towels are white again. 

We've been doing this for three years, too, and dishes and clothes come out sparkling clean. TSP was TAKEN OUT of detergents and you're just putting it back in.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2015, 02:08:59 am »
Thanks for the tip, guys!    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2015, 03:01:04 am »

Thanks Andy.  Our last dishwasher died a few years ago and I started washing my dishes by hand.  Now, I'm getting a new kitchen and was looking forward to getting a new dishwasher - I will use your tip!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!