Author Topic: Jeb Bush: I Would Govern Like Lyndon Johnson as President  (Read 11444 times)

bkepley

Re: Jeb Bush: I Would Govern Like Lyndon Johnson as President
« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2015, 04:51:31 pm »
The only reason the immigration system is broken is because industrialists and politicians want cheap labor and a criminal and diseased class to infiltrate the country.

Uh huh...industrialists and politicians want a criminal and diseased class to infiltrate the country.  Pray tell why?

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2015, 04:51:32 pm »
The only reason the immigration system is broken is because industrialists and politicians want cheap labor and a criminal and diseased class to infiltrate the country.

When you REALLY dig deep you find that money and who benefits is at the root of every major issue facing this country today!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2015, 04:55:21 pm »

Most importantly the American consumer wants inexpensive goods and services.

P.S.  Trump is an industrialist politician wannabe.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

bkepley

« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2015, 04:58:57 pm »
When you REALLY dig deep you find that money and who benefits is at the root of every major issue facing this country today!

Who benefits? Farmers.  Mexicans are fantastic farm laborers. They wouldn't hire Americans in their place even if the Americans would work cheaper.  Go ask them.

Offline olde north church

Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2015, 05:33:55 pm »

Broken?
It can only be broken if it is being used and it still does not work.
We have not used our immigration system so how do we know it is broken?

This is liberal speak for open borders and amnesty.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 05:34:16 pm by EdinVA »

Offline olde north church

« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2015, 05:39:40 pm »
Broken?

That was my point.  No one is being arrested.  No one is being returned.  No one is being imprisoned, then sent home.  It's another Leftist misdirection.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #58 on: July 23, 2015, 05:54:44 pm »
Broken?

:amen:  :amen: and  :amen:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #59 on: July 23, 2015, 06:31:51 pm »
Is this what the interests who are writing him big checks are looking for?

bkepley

« Reply #60 on: July 23, 2015, 06:34:43 pm »
Is this what the interests who are writing him big checks are looking for?

They're looking for someone who can win.  Big money isn't often wasted on a loser (not that Bush would definitely win.)

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #61 on: July 23, 2015, 06:39:18 pm »
They're looking for someone who can win.  Big money isn't often wasted on a loser (not that Bush would definitely win.)

Can he win a GOP primary modeling his agenda after LBJ?    I don't understand his game plan at this juncture.

bkepley

« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2015, 06:42:59 pm »
Can he win a GOP primary modeling his agenda after LBJ?    I don't understand his game plan at this juncture.

All I'm saying is that is what the big money does which is try to back the right horse.  I suspect Bush will survive this.  Reagan liked to quote Roosevelt all the time and Roosevelt was anathema also to the right maybe even more than LBJ and for most of the same reasons.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #63 on: July 23, 2015, 07:21:58 pm »
Not after saying this, IMO.

It doesn't matter how he explains it, saying the words, "I would govern like LBJ" the racist bully who signed the Civil Rights act just for political power, micromanaged the Viet Nam war and lost it, sacrificing thousands of American lives, and forced the Great Society on us, which has destroyed a significant part of our culture....... was really, really stupid.

In terms of Governance, LBJ is at the bottom of the barrel.

Dumb, Jeb.  Really dumb.

It's actually not dumb at all, if...he is trying to appeal to disenchanted Democrats.

He may feel that the divide Obama and Hillary have created is so great that Republicans would vote for ANYBODY who is the nominee and that he reaching out to Democrats.

The question is...was he thinking that or was it like you describe...dumb? :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #64 on: July 23, 2015, 07:58:01 pm »
Luis wrote:
[[ I guess Trump would try to get things done, and when things don't go his way, he'll call Congress "losers" and "jackasses". ]]

I sense that if he called them "losers" and "jackasses" RIGHT NOW, most of the country would agree.

And so would I.

I don't think the election of 2016 is going to change much, insofar as the Congress is concerned....!!  ;)

bkepley

« Reply #65 on: July 23, 2015, 08:01:38 pm »
Luis wrote:
[[ I guess Trump would try to get things done, and when things don't go his way, he'll call Congress "losers" and "jackasses". ]]

I sense that if he called them "losers" and "jackasses" RIGHT NOW, most of the country would agree.

And so would I.

I don't think the election of 2016 is going to change much, insofar as the Congress is concerned....!!  ;)

I think the point is is calling congress-critters losers and dummies is an effective way to govern.  Obama has been bad enough.  Trump would be a circus.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #66 on: July 23, 2015, 08:04:35 pm »
It's actually not dumb at all, if...he is trying to appeal to disenchanted Democrats.

He may feel that the divide Obama and Hillary have created is so great that Republicans would vote for ANYBODY who is the nominee and that he reaching out to Democrats.

The question is...was he thinking that or was it like you describe...dumb? :shrug:

I'm not sure if LBJ appeals to most Dems, DC.

His memory conjures up Viet Nam, riots, protests, losing..........

Even the movie "Selma" reveals that he was a bigot.

I don't think LBJ's memory is that strong for anyone, left OR right of the aisle.

I'm going with 'dumb.'  ^-^
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #67 on: July 23, 2015, 08:26:40 pm »

FWIW, as Luis explained earlier, if you read the whole thing he said, it wasn't LBJ's agenda, but rather his style.  Like that style or not, I imagine it's one Trump would emulate..."forceful hands-on leadership".
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #68 on: July 23, 2015, 08:34:58 pm »
FWIW, as Luis explained earlier, if you read the whole thing he said, it wasn't LBJ's agenda, but rather his style.  Like that style or not, I imagine it's one Trump would emulate..."forceful hands-on leadership".

Bush Forceful?  If you say so... :)

bkepley

« Reply #69 on: July 23, 2015, 08:38:16 pm »

He was referring to LBJ.

bkepley

« Reply #70 on: July 23, 2015, 08:43:22 pm »

Governor Bush remained true to his conservative principles throughout his two terms in office – cutting nearly $20 billion in taxes, vetoing more than $2.3 billion in earmarks and reducing the state government workforce by more than 13,000. His limited government approach helped unleash one of the most robust and dynamic economies in the nation, creating 1.4 million net new jobs and improving the state’s credit ratings, including achieving the first ever triple-A bond rating for Florida.

Sounds like a pretty good start.

Offline raml

« Reply #71 on: July 23, 2015, 08:44:56 pm »
LBJ was a president I not only remember quite well I didn't like him or his policies or his gruff style. Outside of Reagan I haven't much liked anyone's style as president and seeing how far our country has fallen since the 60's I guess I can see pretty accurately garbage presidents and garbage candidates. Bush is a joke plain and simple he wants to rule the people not rule for the people. He wants to tell us what to think and how to think it and that is more like Obama than LBJ who was just plain crude and rude and no one with brains would even want to emulate him. I think the 2016 election will just be the final requiem for this country. We have no real leaders running just lobbyists flunkees.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #72 on: July 23, 2015, 08:47:21 pm »
Governor Bush remained true to his conservative principles throughout his two terms in office – cutting nearly $20 billion in taxes, vetoing more than $2.3 billion in earmarks and reducing the state government workforce by more than 13,000. His limited government approach helped unleash one of the most robust and dynamic economies in the nation, creating 1.4 million net new jobs and improving the state’s credit ratings, including achieving the first ever triple-A bond rating for Florida.

Sounds like a pretty good start.

Ok, let me be more specific.
All of the Bushes are good, honorable people and understand government, no issue.
NONE of the Bushes are good at a down in the gutter fight which is what Hellery and the left are going to bring to the table.
JB is going to get eaten alive....

bkepley

« Reply #73 on: July 23, 2015, 08:49:30 pm »
Ok, let me be more specific.
All of the Bushes are good, honorable people and understand government, no issue.
NONE of the Bushes are good at a down in the gutter fight which is what Hellery and the left are going to bring to the table.
JB is going to get eaten alive....

I guess what we need here is Nixon!  :patriot:

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #74 on: July 23, 2015, 08:49:52 pm »
If the field of republican candidates cannot stand up to Trump without crying, how can you expect them to handle the liberal competition?