Author Topic: Santorum: Tonette Walker's Gay Marriage 'Conflict' Will Affect Scott  (Read 917 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=656965

Newsmax
Santorum: Tonette Walker's Gay Marriage 'Conflict' Will Affect Scott
Tuesday, July 14, 2015 12:18 PM

By: Courtney Coren

Former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum says that the conflict Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker's wife feels about same-sex marriage could soften Walker's view on the landmark Supreme Court decision.

"Spouses matter," the presidential hopeful told The Daily Caller. "When your spouse is not in-sync with you — particularly on cultural issues, moral issues — [you] tend not to be as active on those issues."

Tonette Walker told The Washington Post that she had mixed feelings about the court's decision legalizing gay marriage because her husband is a strong opponent and her sons are equally strong proponents.

"That was a hard one," Tonette said. "Our sons were disappointed [in their father's position]. ... I was torn. I have children who are very passionate, and Scott was on his side very passionate."

She added that another factor that makes the gay marriage issue hard for her is that she has a cousin, who she says she loves dearly, who is gay.

"She is like a sister to me — who is married to a woman, her partner of 18 years," Tonette said, adding that the Walkers' son, Alex, was the best man in their wedding.

The Wisconsin governor, the son of a Baptist preacher, told the Post that the conflicting views of his family doesn't mean that it changes his position, but that he needs to find "a different way of explaining it, so they can appreciate where I am coming from."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Serial failed candidate Ricky is digging in the bottom of the barrel, with this attack on Governor Walker.

What a turnoff to adult thinking people.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline NavyCanDo

Tasteless attack on Tonette and Scott. Shame on you Rick.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline EdinVA

santorum is a slug.. go home

Offline Right_in_Virginia

santorum is a slug.. go home 

Now, now.  No need to go insulting slugs.

Offline NavyCanDo

I tried hard to like Santorum during the 2012 election, but I found him Snarky and quick to attack other Republican candidates. I see nothings changed since 2011/2012 when Romney and Herman Cain was his targets.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Sorry, Ricky-boy. I see absolutely zero problem with a husband and wife not being in lock step over everything.

Your "fears" say more about you, your approach to women, and possibly the state of your marriage than they do anything else. Crawl back under your rock please.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

OMG!
mild mudslinging already?
I really can't get worked up about this at all.

However it does show that Santorum thinks his path to the nomination goes through the evangelicals.  It looks like Walker is draining what Santorum see as his base.  I wouldn't be surprised to see this tact have some limited success.  If it polls well Santorum will keep hammering on the social issues, if it doesn't work Santorum is likely to attack Huckabee next.

Offline Longiron

Rick WHO?????? And I am from PA :whocares:

Offline MACVSOG68

The circular firing squad is even more active than in 2012. 
It's the Supreme Court nominations!