Author Topic: Taxpayers Have Now Spent $3.5 Million to Find Out Why Lesbians Are Obese  (Read 1370 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Taxpayers Have Now Spent $3.5 Million to Find Out Why Lesbians Are Obese
Elizabeth Harrington

The National Institutes of Health (NIH) has now spent over $3.5 million to determine why the majority of lesbians are obese.

The project, now entering its fifth year, received another grant worth $658,485 this summer. The total funding for the research is now $3,531,925. Funding has more than doubled since the study was first revealed in 2013.

Since, the study that is examining why three-quarters of lesbians are obese, but gay men are not, has survived sequester cuts, and continues to produce results such as the discovery that gay men have a “greater desire for toned muscles” than straight men.

Another scientific paper associated with the research concluded that lesbians have lower “athletic-self esteem” that may lead to higher rates of obesity.

A paper published this June coauthored by the project’s lead investigator, S. Bryn Austin, an associate epidemiologist at Brigham and Women’s Hospital and pediatrics professor at Harvard Medical School, found that young males think about their muscles.

“Latent transition analyses revealed that sexual minority males (i.e., mostly heterosexual, gay, and bisexual) were more likely than completely heterosexual males to be lean-concerned at ages 17-18 and 19-20 years and to transition to the lean-concerned class from the healthy class,” according to the paper. “There were no sexual orientation differences in odds of being muscle-concerned.”

The paper also suggested that young men should be “screened” to see if they are too preoccupied with their biceps.

“Both heterosexual and sexual minority males are at risk for presenting body image concerns and weight- and shape-related behaviors that may have deleterious health consequences,” the paper said. “Results suggest the need for screening for concerns and behaviors related to leanness and muscularity in early adolescence among all males, regardless of sexual orientation.”

more at:  http://freebeacon.com/issues/taxpayers-have-now-spent-3-5-million-to-find-out-why-lesbians-are-obese/

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

Gee.  The answer is kinda simple.

They eat too much and move too little.   ^-^
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Chicken/Egg scenario.
Maybe obese women have a higher tendency to become lesbians because they have trouble finding companionship from the opposite sex so they turn to each other.

One thing I've noticed is most of my lesbian friends were not always lesbians, many came out of divorce, many single mothers, but most, to put it as politely as possible, aren't attractive. When they can't find companionship and family the more traditional route, they look for alternative ways to have it. The need for companionship is a trait wired deep in our evolutionary core.

Offline ZX12R

Chicken/Egg scenario.
Maybe obese women have a higher tendency to become lesbians because they have trouble finding companionship from the opposite sex so they turn to each other.

One thing I've noticed is most of my lesbian friends were not always lesbians, many came out of divorce, many single mothers, but most, to put it as politely as possible, aren't attractive. When they can't find companionship and family the more traditional route, they look for alternative ways to have it. The need for companionship is a trait wired deep in our evolutionary core.

There could  be something to that, I suppose.

I know one that has gone from men to women and back and forth several times. Her motivation was just a meal ticket, because that was preferable to a job of any kind.

Offline mountaineer

Gee.  The answer is kinda simple.

They eat too much and move too little.   ^-^
And they hate themselves, perhaps.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline olde north church

I thought tuna was healthy?
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline musiclady

I think that's likely.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Oceander

Offline Lando Lincoln

The paper also suggested that young men should be “screened” to see if they are too preoccupied with their biceps.

Good Lord.  So many things to worry about and to intervene...

What the hell happened to us?
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
This is BS.

There are no obese lesbians in any of the movies that I watch.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Oceander

This is BS.

:silly:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
This is BS.

:laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline andy58-in-nh

This is BS.

That's because they are very careful about what they eat.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn