Author Topic: Florida Supreme Court orders redrawing of some U.S. congressional districts  (Read 590 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/07/09/us-usa-florida-redistricting-idUSKCN0PJ22820150709

The Florida Supreme Court on Thursday ordered the redrawing of some of the state's U.S. congressional districts before the 2016 elections. In a 5-2 ruling, the state's high court found the legislature's redistricting plan was tainted by "unconstitutional intent to favor the Republican Party and incumbents," the latest decision in a long-running legal battle over gerrymandering in the state.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Online libertybele

Wow.  So...that pretty much indicates how Florida is going to go now doesn't it? 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Wow.  So...that pretty much indicates how Florida is going to go now doesn't it?

Probably.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
This should have been an issue for the federal courts, not the state.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Why so, do pray tell?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online libertybele

From my understanding each state has their own set of election rules which follows federal law.  The Supervisor of Elections in each county also has set election rules; not all counties have the same laws within the state.  All must follow federal law but each state/county have their own set of rules.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Why so, do pray tell?
They're federal congressional seats, that's why.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024