Author Topic: Joseph Couture: Gays don’t know what they’ve lost by winning same-sex marriage ruling  (Read 357 times)

Offline GourmetDan

Joseph Couture: Gays don’t know what they’ve lost by winning same-sex marriage ruling

"As gay activists in American celebrate the legalization of same-sex marriage by the Supreme Court, I’m shaking my head with disappointment. Gays don’t know what they’ve lost by winning."

"We’ve had gay marriage in Canada since 2005 and since then, I’ve witnessed nothing but the decline of a once-vibrant community. Change was already underway, but the marriage “victory” sealed our fate once and for all."

"The legalization of gay marriage created a new norm for gays (I can only speak about gay men because I am not part of the lesbian community) that changed expectations for how gay men should live their lives and what they believed they should aspire to. The pervasive argument used by many gay activists in the later years of the gay rights movement was “we’re just like you.” It wasn’t true, even if it did make for good politics."

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The gays are a throwaway. Now it's transgenders, then it will be pedophilia. It's about the kids and getting to them, sexualizing them, and using them.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Paladin

As Jack McCoy said in the TV show Law & Order “Let them marry. Why shouldn’t they be allowed to be as miserable as the rest of us?”
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.