Author Topic: Lindsey Graham: Joe Biden Is 'As Good a Man as God Has Ever Created'  (Read 921 times)

rangerrebew

Lindsey Graham: Joe Biden Is 'As Good a Man as God Has Ever Created'

Friday, July 3, 2015 10:08 PM

By: Cathy Burke

Though he admits they "don't agree on much," South Carolina Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham got choked up talking about his friendship with Democratic Vice President Joe Biden, calling him "as good a man as God has ever created."

In a videotaped excerpt of an interview with The Huffington Post, posted Friday, Graham talks movingly about how Biden has dealt with the death in May of his son, Beau Biden.

"I called him after Beau died, and he basically said, 'Well Beau was my soul'," Graham said, his voice trembling, adding that Biden gave a speech at Graham's retirement party from the Air Force Reserve "and said some of the most incredibly heartfelt things that anybody could ever say to me."

"He's THE nicest person I've ever met in politics," Graham said. "He's as good a man as God has ever created."

Story continues below video.

Graham added, "We don't agree on much," but noted Biden has "been dealt a real gut blow" yet "focuses on what he's got to do, not what he's lost."

"His heart has been ripped out but he's gonna make sure the other members of his family are well taken care of," Graham said. "He's more worried about his grandkids than anything…. He started talking about the future, the future of his family."

Business Insider notes Biden and Graham's relationship has been well documented, including in 2013, when Biden told Graham he'd do whatever it took to get Graham reelected, and earlier this year, when Biden teased Graham about his presidential bid, pretending not to swear in Graham during an official ceremony in the Senate.

In addition, The Huffington Post notes both Biden and Graham have been struck by multiple personal tragedies. Biden lost his wife and daughter in a car accident shortly after he was first elected to the Senate, while Graham's parents both died when he was in college, the website notes.

The Huffington Post interview with Graham on the campaign trail in Iowa is part of its series, "'16 And President." The full episode will be released next week.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/lindsey-graham-joe-biden-good-man/2015/07/03/id/653419/
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 12:00:57 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline raml

I have one word for this and it is bullshit. God has created billions of men over the years and a lot of them are good men and a lot of them aren't. Joe Biden is neither he is a total idiot and proves it every time he opens his mouth if that makes him a good man that is news to me. He lies just like every politician I have ever heard speak. It must give God a few headaches over these thousands of years hearing all the lies of the leaders and politicians. I am only 70 and have heard so much lying crap over the years I now believe not one of them and they all give me a headache.

Online mountaineer

Graham merely demonstrates his own lack of good judgment and discernment.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline evadR

Why would anyone vote for this clown....
excuse me...
these clowns???
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Sounds like Graham is one of Used Car Joe's butt buddies.
The Republic is lost.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Considering we are all sinners by definition, that's not saying much.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink