Author Topic: Professor Says “White Churches Should Hang Their Heads In Shame” Over Charleston Shooting  (Read 668 times)

rangerrebew

Professor Says “White Churches Should Hang Their Heads In Shame” Over Charleston Shooting

Robert Gehl 
June 22, 2015

A Dartmouth Professor said that White churches need to “hang their heads in shame” over what happened at the black Charleston church and should demand reparations for slavery.

Susannah Heschel, a professor of Jewish Studies spoke to MSNBC’s Melissa Harris-Perry over the weekend. She argued that America cannot heal until financial reparations are made for the sin of slavery:

“The focus has been on forgiveness and the evocation has been of Christ of the cross forgiving,” she said. “But what about the Romans, the crucifiers? What about their repentance?” she asked. “In Judaism there is no repentance without restitution.

“I would like to know if the white churches in this country are hanging their heads in shame today,” she said. “But you know the shame isn’t enough because they can’t repent without restitution. When are we going to have reparation for slavery, for Jim Crow, for the new Jim Crow?

“Unless you give back, there is no forgiveness for you. The repentance cannot even begin without the restitution.”

http://downtrend.com/robertgehl/professor-says-white-churches-should-hang-their-heads-in-shame-over-charleston-shooting
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 09:37:51 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline andy58-in-nh

Islamic mosques should hang their heads in shame over 9/11, and the murder of countless Christian and Jews in acts of international terrorism since then. Isn't that right? Or was all of that our fault, too?

Self-hating intellectuals sicken me. I accept none of their false accusations, and have no intention of paying the price for their unearned guilt. But many of us sadly, will.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online mountaineer

Shame generally is reserved for those who actually did something wrong. No Christian churches in America own slaves, to my knowledge (I know mine doesn't!), so of what exactly should they repent and pay restitution?  This silly cow is beyond clueless.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GourmetDan

A Jew takes advantage of a tragedy to take a swipe at Christians... shocking...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Conservatives: "I'm okay, you're not."
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Carling

What is a "white church?"

I've never been to one nor heard of one.  One the rare occasions I go to Mass, there are people of all races there.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 02:44:47 am by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline NavyCanDo

What is a white church?   Never been in a church exclusive to whites, and never even seen one.  Oh, I'm sure they exist someplace where enough racist still exist, in large enough numbers for a gathering, but I could not tell you where they are.   
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline GourmetDan

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Conservatives: "I'm okay, you're not."
Truth_seeker: always blaming the conservative.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024