Author Topic: ‘Go back to your Section 8 home': Texas pool party host describes racially charged dispute with neighbor  (Read 3465 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
‘Go back to your Section 8 home': Texas pool party host describes racially charged dispute with neighbor
Abby Phillip

The host of a Texas pool party that led to the suspension of a police officer says things took a turn for the violent when a neighbor began hurling racial slurs and insults at party-goers.

A woman identified as Tatiana Rhodes, 19, said that she and some friends had organized and were enjoying the party at the Craig Ranch North Community Pool on June 5 when the conflict with a white neighbor broke out.

“This lady was saying racial slurs to some friends that came to the cookout. She was saying such things as ‘black effer’ and ‘that’s why you live in Section 8 homes,’ ” Rhodes told E. Johnson IV, a photographer who recorded the conversation and uploaded it online.

More insults were traded. One neighbor said “go back to your Section 8 home,” Rhodes said, referring to a form of federal housing assistance for low-income people.

Then, according to Rhodes, who is black, a white neighbor “came up to me and smacked me in my face.”

“That’s when both of the women attacked me,” the teen said.

more at link:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/06/08/go-back-to-your-section-8-home-texas-pool-party-host-describes-racially-charged-dispute-with-neighbor/

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

Further proof that these young blacks are being raised virtually feral.  No respect for others.

Pictures of the community and surrounding houses indicate that this is a very upscale neighborhood.

If I was at the pool with my children/grandchildren and these bastards (in the truest sense of the word) starting yelling and carrying on with "f-bombs", etc., I'd have said the same thing as "the neighbor".

Also, the video of the police interaction clearly shows that these morons refuse to follow a direct order given by a police officer carrying out his duties....investigating an "out-of-control" pool party.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline olde north church

Further proof that these young blacks are being raised virtually feral.  No respect for others.

Pictures of the community and surrounding houses indicate that this is a very upscale neighborhood.

If I was at the pool with my children/grandchildren and these bastards (in the truest sense of the word) starting yelling and carrying on with "f-bombs", etc., I'd have said the same thing as "the neighbor".

Also, the video of the police interaction clearly shows that these morons refuse to follow a direct order given by a police officer carrying out his duties....investigating an "out-of-control" pool party.

The patrolman who unholstered his weapon didn't help the situation.  There were two others alongside him who put their hands next to him to prevent it but it was too late.  He was either too afraid or too inexperienced to assist effectively in the situation.
That being said, he unholstered his firearm, he should have used it.  It would have crystallized the <-- --> of the situation, right quickly.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Lando Lincoln

The unraveling of society is accelerating and being propelled by rhetoric from the White House on down.  The slope is being greased by breathless media and the Sharptons (a race neutral catch-all term) of the world.  If you are aggrieved, you have a right to grossly violate social standards and behave in nearly any grotesque and violent manner while receiving a pass.  This, is to the delight of many. 

We celebrate a confused individual as brave and splash him on the cover of the aptly named Vanity magazine while condemning those among us who lay it on the line and/or willingly step in harms way. 

We believe the exception to be the rule when the good errs or becomes tainted.  We rationalize when the bad explodes in antisocial and destructive behavior.

Among many impossible professions these days, I don't know how anyone can effectively be a cop in far too many situations or instances.

THIS, is the generation that will decide or dictate so much.  And, they don't know it. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online DCPatriot

The unraveling of society is accelerating and being propelled by rhetoric from the White House on down.  The slope is being greased by breathless media and the Sharptons (a race neutral catch-all term) of the world.  If you are aggrieved, you have a right to grossly violate social standards and behave in nearly any grotesque and violent manner while receiving a pass.  This, is to the delight of many. 

We celebrate a confused individual as brave and splash him on the cover of the aptly named Vanity magazine while condemning those among us who lay it on the line and/or willingly step in harms way. 

We believe the exception to be the rule when the good errs or becomes tainted.  We rationalize when the bad explodes in antisocial and destructive behavior.

Among many impossible professions these days, I don't know how anyone can effectively be a cop in far too many situations or instances.

THIS, is the generation that will decide or dictate so much.  And, they don't know it.

Amen!   :beer:

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads

Very well said, Lando.  I find myself being glad to be old and feeling sorry for young people.  When I was their age, i had my whole life ahead of me - and the world was wide open to me!  But then, Vietnam, The Summer of Love, and Charles Manson happened and things started to go downhill, slowly at first, but gaining speed exponentially now.

Everything has turned upside-down and I don't recognize my country anymore.  I'm hoping and praying that God will send us a leader to lead us out of the wilderness!  I do believe in miracles!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline aligncare

Very well said, Lando.  I find myself being glad to be old and feeling sorry for young people.  When I was their age, i had my whole life ahead of me - and the world was wide open to me!  But then, Vietnam, The Summer of Love, and Charles Manson happened and things started to go downhill, slowly at first, but gaining speed exponentially now.

Everything has turned upside-down and I don't recognize my country anymore.  I'm hoping and praying that God will send us a leader to lead us out of the wilderness!  I do believe in miracles!

You pretty much summed up my feelings here, alice.

Can you imagine what the Greatest Generation was thinking as they watched the 60s race riots, the Summer of Love, and the Vietnam war protests unfolding on TV?

Most of them are gone now, spared from seeing the America they fought for spinning around the toilet.

Offline GourmetDan

Compare those who so eloquently lament the disintegration of society with those who support 'gay marriage'...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online DCPatriot

Compare those who so eloquently lament the disintegration of society with those who support 'gay marriage'...

???  I agree with Lando.  I also support 'gay marriage'.

Who the hell cares what two people do in demonstrating their love for each other...and take advantage of the bennies afforded straight couples in marriage?

Not me.....  :shrug:

Online DCPatriot

And WTF does your post have to do with the title of the thread.   :chairbang:

Offline Relic

That's how I feel. I used to get angry and upset with the mindlessness of the liberal crowd. I used to get furious with the lack of thought displayed as America fell in line with political correctness.

Now, I watch, realizing my time has passed. Sometimes I get disgusted, sometimes I'm amused, but I realize I'm simply an observer. I'm watching a once great nation come apart. And I admit, I will take some pleasure seeing some of these fools get what they so richly deserve, even if they won't understand they caused their own problems.

Offline GourmetDan

And WTF does your post have to do with the title of the thread.   :chairbang:

That those who so eloquently lament the disintegration of society contribute to it themselves...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online mountaineer

This was posted on Facebook:
This from a resident in McKinney TX, who wants to get the real story out of what happened last Friday:

Michael Cory Quattrin

Facebook friends and family – PLEASE HELP! That (now viral) video of the officer in McKinney subduing a girl in a bathing suit was in OUR neighborhood. The situation was NOT what is being reported…

A DJ setup in a public space next to the private pool in our neighborhood on Friday and played loud explicit (F-bomb) music for multiple hours (it is unclear if he was invited by a resident as no one has claimed responsibility). The teenagers (both black and white) were being brought into our neighborhood by the carload because the DJ was tweeting out invites to a “pool party” for $15 (obviously unauthorized by our neighborhood). The teens began fighting with each other and pushing their way into our private pool. Some were jumping our fence. The security guard was accosted when he tried to stop the beginnings of this mob scene. Some residents who live around the park/pool area tried to come out and settle things down. The teens started yelling racial slurs at our neighbors and started assaulting people and property (throwing bottles at cars and attacking a mother at the pool with 3 young children). The first officer on the scene was by himself. At that time, the party had grown to a large, aggressive crowd. As the officer arrived, many teens started running through our neighborhood. Many of the teens were being very aggressive and yelling at the officers as more arrived.

This was a very dangerous situation for the officers AND the teens/residents not involved. The news media has refused to hear the neighborhood’s side of this story. The video being distributed is only a very small segment of what happened. This information being distributed by the media and others is extremely distorted and in some cases outright lies.

PLEASE HELP US STOP THE BROADCASTING OF THIS IGNORANCE. The media is trying to make it look like our neighborhood is a white’s only, racist area. Anyone who has spent even a few minutes in our area knows this is an outright LIE.

The unfortunate result is that our neighbors are now being threatened. We have also had cars and property in and around the park area vandalized this weekend. Unfortunately, the press and social media are trying to enflame the situation.

I am asking for your help for my family and my neighbor’s safety…PLEASE, PLEASE do not rebroadcast any of these lies."
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline aligncare

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/jun/08/mckinney-texas-black-children-pool-violence
Black children are not even safe from police violence at a pool party

The drive-by media busily at work distorting events ...

If that group had been broadcasting obscenities over loudspeakers on my block, they'd have a big problem with me.

Offline Relic

The drive-by media busily at work distorting events ...

If that group had been broadcasting obscenities over loudspeakers on my block, they'd have a big problem with me.

Maybe, but depending on your course of action, you'd have a bigger problem with the government.

Yes, it has come to that.

Offline raml

Those kids were trespassers we have a pool in our subdivision and you would never even get permission for a pool party with loud music. You are given as many passes for the summer as family members. You may get a day pass for someone visiting you but since we don't have life guards you are responsible for every person you allow in and they would never allow a party like that one to go on. The police in my eyes did nothing wrong the young black man who reached around behind himself in a threatening manner instead of listening to the cop that is why he took his gun out there was a reason. I am tired of this society giving black kids a free ride on their actions. I am tired of hearing about bad cops who really are just trying to do their jobs without getting killed. Kids need to be taught respect for policemen and this wouldn't happen once again black parents have failed their kids.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Imagine how much "better" the visuals would be, if the cops only wielded their sticks, instead of pulling guns.

Good thing he didn't get "spooked" and shoot her.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online DCPatriot

Imagine how much "better" the visuals would be, if the cops only wielded their sticks, instead of pulling guns.

Good thing he didn't get "spooked" and shoot her.

He didn't "pull his gun" on the girl in the bathing suit.  She wouldn't comply with his verbal order and thus he had to restrain her as she was yelling obscenities at him.

He drew his weapon momentarily, on a young man in the blue shirt and shorts when he as his buddy ran up and confronted him as he was wrestling with the girl on the ground.  At that same time, two other officers drove up responding to "officer in trouble".

NOTE:  That officer was responding to a distress call from the pool employee regarding the party that was "out of control".
The sound system disc jockey was the one that tweeted out about a pool party....fifteen dollars to get in.

He had no authority to invite outside guests, and some of the bastards started jumping the fence.

When the women confronted them regarding the loud x-rated lyrics blaring over the speakers, that's when it turned ugly.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
You pretty much summed up my feelings here, alice.

Can you imagine what the Greatest Generation was thinking as they watched the 60s race riots, the Summer of Love, and the Vietnam war protests unfolding on TV?

Most of them are gone now, spared from seeing the America they fought for spinning around the toilet.

I know exactly what my grandpa was thinking at the time, because he told my dad that he thought maybe we needed another Depression to remind people as to where they came from just 30 years prior.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 09:20:04 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline aligncare

Morale is essential for doing good police work. McKinney, Texas police chief sold out to the mob when he publicly second guessed his officer.

Events are spinning out of control.

Offline Lando Lincoln

Events are spinning out of control.

I will say this as eloquently as I can muster...

Yes.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
raml wrote above:
[[ The police in my eyes did nothing wrong the young black man who reached around behind himself in a threatening manner instead of listening to the cop that is why he took his gun out there was a reason. I am tired of this society giving black kids a free ride on their actions. I am tired of hearing about bad cops who really are just trying to do their jobs without getting killed. Kids need to be taught respect for policemen and this wouldn't happen once again black parents have failed their kids. ]]

We are seeing more and more "incidents" like this, where mobs of unruly and feral blacks try to take over public -- and in this case -- private "spaces", and where any resistance to their doing so is then branded by the black howlers and media apologists as "racism".

Nonsense.
Whenever I see something like this, I find myself automatically gravitating to the "white set of facts", as most of what comes out of "the black side" is either irrelevant, distorted, propaganda, or outright lies.

Recall, if you will, John Derbyshire's "The Talk: Nonblack Version", after which posting he got canned from the National Review (or was it another one of those faux-conservative publications). If you're not familiar with this piece, find it here:
http://takimag.com/article/the_talk_nonblack_version_john_derbyshire/print
(I highly recommend that you take the time to read Mr. Derbyshire's piece)

In any case, Derbyshire's points 10a thru 10f:
(10a) Avoid concentrations of blacks not all known to you personally.

(10b) Stay out of heavily black neighborhoods.

(10c) If planning a trip to a beach or amusement park at some date, find out whether it is likely to be swamped with blacks on that date (neglect of that one got me the closest I have ever gotten to death by gunshot).

(10d) Do not attend events likely to draw a lot of blacks.

(10e) If you are at some public event at which the number of blacks suddenly swells, leave as quickly as possible.

(10f) Do not settle in a district or municipality run by black politicians.

As time passes, the only recourse for whites will be to physically re-segregate themselves to places where either blacks (and other minorities)
a. don't want to live, or,
b. can't live.

In other words, live as far from the "Section 8" homes as possible.

Closing thought:
"Section 8" (if I correctly recall the way the law was written) only is in effect in those communities that pro-actively sign up for it. In other words, a small town could effectively keep the Section 8'ers out by not enrolling in the program. At least I believe that's how it was originally. I'm sure the obammunists are working to eliminate any "community choice" in the matter...

Online DCPatriot

Any owner of real property can decide to retain it as an investment rental property.

The 'safest' investment for said properties is to actually seek out a Section 8 tenant whereby the tenant doesn't have to pay one penny toward the monthly rent.  Let the government pay the entire monthly nut to cover your total payment...or more.

Also, it used to be that you can write into the lease that the government will be responsible for any damages to said property beyond normal 'wear and tear'...to keep from having to replace destroyed items.

And believe me, you cannot believe how much damage a tenant can cause.

So, as far as I know, you cannot refuse a Section 8 tenant with a voucher equal or more than your advertised rent.  Even when they have less than a desirable credit score.