Author Topic: Jimmy Carter: White Americans cling to ‘feelings of superiority’ toward minorities  (Read 1364 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jun/5/jimmy-carter-americans-cling-feelings-superiority-/

By Douglas Ernst - The Washington Times - Friday, June 5, 2015

Former President Jimmy Carter told AARP Inc. during a recent interview that many Americans hold “feelings of superiority” toward minorities.

Mr. Carter spoke on a range of subjects with the magazine, including campaign spending and lobbyists, but he made a point to say that the U.S. still is lacking in terms of safeguarding civil rights.

“The recent publicity about mistreatment of black people in the judicial and police realm has been a reminder that the dreams of the civil rights movement have not been realized. […] Many Americans still have racist tendencies or feelings of superiority to people of color,” Mr. Carter told AARP, The Hill reported Thursday.

The former president added that the politics of the 1970s have changed in such a way that he would not get the level Republican support he enjoyed as the 39th president.

“There was harmony among congressmen when I was there, and I got just as much support from Republicans as I did from Democrats. I can’t imagine myself as a successful candidate today,” Mr. Carter said, The Hill reported.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

The ONLY reason Jimmy Carter was elected in 1976 was because Gerald Ford pardoned Nixon.  And, as it turned out, Ford almost won anyway.

Carter couldn't get elected to anything today.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Jimmy's just doing his part to keep the race issue front and center.

He's a tool.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Carling

Jimmy's right, except that it's white Democrats who view blacks as inferior to the point they are incapable of even getting themselves an ID.

Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline mountaineer

The ONLY reason Jimmy Carter was elected in 1976 was because Gerald Ford pardoned Nixon. 
That, and some people thought he was a decent Christian man because he taught Sunday School. The phrase "wolf in sheep's clothing" comes to mind.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline NavyCanDo

He would know, it's been the Democrat "White Americans" task is to keep it that way.   
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Jimmy's just doing his part to keep the race issue front and center.

That is what the constantly do. Sowing dissatisfaction, resentment, and divisiveness, is what they do for a living. Plus, I think Carter always was a little 'off'. Now that he is 150 years old, it is only getting worse.

It is the Democrats who are utterly obsessed with race in everything they say and do. It is the Republicans who do not see race exclusively as the only factor that identifies who and what a person is.

Republicans want Harmony, fairness, and cooperation, with people of any race.
Democrats want what they call 'revolution', riots, and perpetual discord.

The Democrats are the KKK. They always were, and they still are.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline olde north church

Is it me or is Carter looking more and more like Emperor Palpitine with each passing day?
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline kevindavis007

Looks like the main issue of 2016 for the Democrats is going to be race baiting..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline kevindavis007

Jimmy's right, except that it's white Democrats who view blacks as inferior to the point they are incapable of even getting themselves an ID.

Exactly..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline mountaineer

Sen. Robert C. Byrd (D-W.Va., deceased)  just wants you to know that he agrees with Jimmy.

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org