Author Topic: Obama Turns Medal of Honor Ceremony Into Chance to Scold the Nation  (Read 590 times)

rangerrebew

Obama Turns Medal of Honor Ceremony Into Chance to Scold the Nation

Today, President Obama awarded Medals of Honor posthumously to Pvt. Henry Johnson and Sgt. William Shemin of the Army.

Both served the country during World War I.

Yet instead of taking the moment to celebrate the accomplishments of Johnson, who served in a black unit during the war, and Shemin, who was Jewish, the President couldn’t help but scold America for prejudices that existed nearly a century ago and turn the ceremony into yet another lecture about race and division in America.

“We have work to do as a nation,” the President said, adding, that in the case of those who served but have not been recognized because of prejudice, “The least we can do is say we know who you are, we know what you did for us.”

http://downtrend.com/videos/obama-scolds-nation-race-medal-honor
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 12:48:26 pm by rangerrebew »

Online andy58-in-nh

Re: Obama Turns Medal of Honor Ceremony Into Chance to Scold the Nation
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 01:18:00 pm »
I'm not surprised, but like me, you may have heard this story yesterday and thought for a brief moment that finally Obama had done something both thoughtful and respectful of America.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn