Author Topic: Boy Scouts Ban Water Gun Fights Because ‘Pointing A Firearm’ Isn’t ‘Kind’  (Read 961 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/05/20/boy-scouts-ban-water-gun-fights-because-pointing-a-firearm-isnt-kind/

by AWR Hawkins20 May 20150
In a new list of approved activities for scouts the Boy Scouts of America (BSA) make clear that water gun fights are not allowed because “pointing a firearm” at someone–even a “simulated” firearm–is not “kind.”

The ban on water gun fights was first addressed on a BSA blog, but was fleshed out in greater detail in the Boy Scouts of America National Shooting Manual.

According to The Washington Times, scout leaders discussed the impetus behind the ban on a leadership blog, saying: “Why the rule? A Scouter once told me this explanation I liked quite a bit: A Scout is kind. What part of pointing a firearm [simulated or otherwise] at someone is kind?”

The BSA Shooting Manual clarifies: “For water balloons, use small, biodegradable balloons, and fill them no larger than a ping pong ball. […] Water guns and rubber band guns must only be used to shoot at targets, and eye protection must be worn.”

The ban includes “marshmallow shooters that require placing a straw or similar device in the mouth.”

The rules set forth in the BSA Shooting Manual are for “Cub Scouting, Boy Scouting, Venturing, Sea Scouting, or shooting sports committees.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
What a bunch of wusses...just let them join the Girl Scouts.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
I feel so sorry for kids today, wonder what this generation will grow up to be.   

So will the Boy Scouts still be able to play violent computer war games?  They're not very "kind".   

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
My Church sponsors a Boy Scout Troop here.  I was a BSA certified volunteer leader in that organization for many years until they made the decision that they would no longer prohibit openly gay men from serving. I turned in my credentials the next day and am not a bit sorry for having done so.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline andy58-in-nh

What a bunch of wusses...just let them join the Girl Scouts.

The infantilization of Amerca continues apace.

I wonder what ISIS must think when they see things like this.

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Paladin

Like Bigun I, too, have a past history of involvement with scouting, and not to brag (well, yeah, I am), I have 4 sons all of whom are Eagles. This latest development makes me very sad and I can't but wonder what is going on with the Boy Scouts on the national level.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline aligncare

Like Bigun I, too, have a past history of involvement with scouting, and not to brag (well, yeah, I am), I have 4 sons all of whom are Eagles. This latest development makes me very sad and I can't but wonder what is going on with the Boy Scouts on the national level.

Well, if changes hitting the Girl Scouts are any indication, get ready for Scouts allowing gender-confused biological females in the Eagles – giving new meaning to the words "Explorer Scout."

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
andy wrote above:
[[ The infantilization of America continues apace.
I wonder what ISIS must think when they see things like this. ]]

They see......... victory.