Author Topic: Jeb: George W. Bush my closest adviser on Israel  (Read 486 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jeb: George W. Bush my closest adviser on Israel
« on: May 07, 2015, 07:01:32 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/241362-jeb-george-w-bush-my-closest-adviser-on-israel

May 07, 2015, 02:50 pm
Jeb: George W. Bush my closest adviser on Israel

By David McCabe

Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush (R) named his brother, President George W. Bush, as his closest counselor on U.S.-Israel policy, according to The Washington Post.

“If you want to know who I listen to for advice, it’s him,” Bush said at an event hosted by Republican donor Paul Singer.

Jeb Bush is exploring a run for the White House, and is expected to officially enter the race this summer. A spokesman said Bush's comment at the event was in line with his previous statements.

“Governor Bush has said before that his brother is the greatest ally to Israel in presidential history, he admires his stalwart support for our ally, and that is in line with his commitment to standing with Israel in the face of great threats to their security and our own,” Jeb Bush spokesman Tim Miller told the Post.

Some observers have questioned whether Jeb’s famous family could hurt his chances in the presidential race, given that his brother’s administration was deeply unpopular upon leaving office.

Even as he has taken on foreign policy advisers who were close to his brother and his father, former President George H.W. Bush, Jeb Bush has stressed his independence.

"I also have been lucky to have a father and a brother who both have shaped America’s foreign policy from the Oval Office," he said in February.

"But I am my own man — and my views are shaped by my own thinking and own experiences," he said.

The Democratic National Committee was quick to strike Bush for the reported comments.

“The Jeb Bush Doctrine is to put blinders on to the failures of the past, cheerlead go-it-alone diplomacy and embrace a shoot-first, talk-later foreign policy. Sound familiar? That same foreign policy was the one that weakened us at home and abroad under George W Bush. So much for Jeb being his own man,” spokeswoman Kristin Sosanie said in a statement.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Jeb: George W. Bush my closest adviser on Israel
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 08:34:44 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/241362-jeb-george-w-bush-my-closest-adviser-on-israel

The Democratic National Committee was quick to strike Bush for the reported comments.

“The Jeb Bush Doctrine is to put blinders on to the failures of the past, cheerlead go-it-alone diplomacy and embrace a shoot-first, talk-later foreign policy. Sound familiar? That same foreign policy was the one that weakened us at home and abroad under George W Bush. So much for Jeb being his own man,” spokeswoman Kristin Sosanie said in a statement.

That foolish statement is entirely at odds with the FACT his father and his brother obtained Congressional votes including many democrats, and votes by the UN, before armed actions in the mid-east.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 08:55:23 pm »
That foolish statement is entirely at odds with the FACT his father and his brother obtained Congressional votes including many democrats, and votes by the UN, before armed actions in the mid-east.

Shhh. Don't mention facts to Libs. It only confuses them and makes them cry.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2015, 11:08:42 pm »
Go away Jeb.  Just go away.