Author Topic: RINO Lindsey Graham thinks Normalizing Gay Marriage is Inevitable  (Read 590 times)

rangerrebew

RINO Lindsey Graham thinks Normalizing Gay Marriage is Inevitable

By Onan Coca   / 7 May 2015   / 5 Comments   

Whelp. Another day and yet another reason that I simply cannot fathom how the wonderful conservatives of South Carolina can continue to reelect the “Prince of RINOs,” Lindsey Graham, to office. Usually it’s Graham’s views on eternal warfare, spying on innocent Americans, or his complete lack of respect for the 1st, 3rd and 4th Amendments… this time, it’s his pessimism on traditional marriage that offends me. Graham was giving an interview to Boston Herald radio on Monday when he enunciated his entirely pessimistic view that traditional marriage was basically a thing of the past and that we as a society had better start moving “forward”.

“Well, can you be for traditional marriage? Yes. Am I for traditional marriage? Yes, I believe marriage has stood the test of time between a man and a woman, ordained by God, and that’s — most societies have been organized around that concept.

Things are changing, so at the end of the day, being for traditional marriage without animosity is where I stand. If the Supreme Court rules sometime this year that same-sex marriage bans are unconstitutional, then that will be a defining moment in that debate. It will be time for us to move forward as a society…

I just don’t see how you get a constitutional amendment defining marriage as between a man and a woman ratified by 3/4 of the states given the way the lay of the land is today. So the courts going to hear the case. People, who are social conservative, hold your head up high. Be proud of speaking for the unborn, I’m a pro-life guy with exceptions of rape and incest. When a woman is raped, it is not the will of God, it is a crime, and the perpetrator should be punished accordingly. The woman will make that decision about what to do after being the victim of a crime…

But at the end of the day, this whole social structure that’s changing is part of democracy, is part of society.”

For the life of me, I just don’t get what South Carolina voters see in this guy.

Do you understand the depth and breadth of what he is saying here? There are no absolutes, folks. As society shifts, as culture changes, our morality, our religious convictions and our laws (which are all based on supposedly immutable moral law) will (and must) all change.

RINO-lindsey-grahamIn this one interview Lindsey Graham reveals himself to be the ultimate politician. ‘Hey traditional marriage supporters – it’s time to move on!’ So says Lindsey Graham. Society has changed and therefore our moral beliefs no longer have a place in the cultural discussion… it’s time to “move forward.”

I also highlighted Graham’s decision to try to remind everyone that he really is a social conservative. He mentions his hardline against abortion, but he’s not really all that hard-lined, is he? If a woman becomes pregnant due to rape or incest she has the final say over what happens to the life of the innocent child growing in her womb. Why? Because a crime was committed and crimes are “not the will of God.” (I abhor violence, but I’d really like to punch Graham in the mouth here.) If God is God, could he not stop the child from being created, since it was created in an act of violence?

Graham’s disgusting attempt at pandering to Christians and social conservatives has to bee seen for what it is. Please, I beg of you… don’t let this slimy snake-oil salesman from South Carolina fool you. He is NO SOCIAL CONSERVATIVE.

Even in the cases of rape and incest, abortion is wrong. We can grieve with the mother over the crimes committed against her (seeking to punish the evildoer with all the weight of the law that we can bring to bear) while still telling her that killing her child would simply be committing another heinous evil. The crime of rape is no excuse for the crime of murder, Mr. Graham.

I know you just reelected this guy in 2014, but please, I beg of you my beloved friends in South Carolina… don’t ever vote for him again. He is not for you. Lindsey Graham is the epitome of everything that is wrong in Republican politics today.

Read more at http://eaglerising.com/18162/rino-lindsey-graham-thinks-normalizing-gay-marriage-is-inevitable/#XsZFP3xEpeo6wiuJ.99