Author Topic: BREAKING NYPD officer reportedly shot in the head, in critical condition..[update: officer has died]  (Read 1043 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
DEVELOPING: A sergeant for the New York Police Department was reportedly shot in the head and chest Saturday, and was taken to a nearby hospital in critical condition.

The New York Post reported that the anti-crime officer based in Queens, was on duty when he was shot at approximately 6:15 p.m.

An NYPD spokesman confirmed to Fox News that an officer was shot and taken to hospital, but wouldn’t confirm where he was shot or what condition the officer was in. The spokesman said the officer was in plain clothes when he was shot, and that no arrests have been made.

The Post reports that the suspect was initially believed to be hiding in a nearby building, but it turned out to be a false tip and police have now expanded their search.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/02/nypd-officer-reportedly-shot-in-head-in-critical-condition/
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 05:59:58 pm by mystery-ak »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
I know there are bad cops out there, but I think they are a small minority.  Most cops are good and put their life on the line every day.  I hate to hear this, wouldn't want to be a policeman in a large city today - it's pretty much open season.  Prayers for him.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Paladin

The shooter has apparently been apprehended and he appears to be an upstanding citizen, much like Freddie Gray in Baltimore.

"The officers pulled up behind the suspicious man — identified as Demetrius Blackwell, 35 — and tried to question him.

Without warning, Blackwell whipped out a gun and squeezed off at least two rounds into Moore’s car, Bratton said.

“He immediately opened fire on them before they had time to get out of the vehicle,” Bratton said at a solemn press conference.

[snip]

Blackwell, who stayed with relatives in the area, fled the scene after the shooting — but was captured 90 minutes later inside a neighbor’s house...

Blackwell has been arrested 10 times. Once in custody he immediately, “asked for his mom and a lawyer,” a source said.

He served several years in prison on attempted murder charges — and was released from the Clinton Correctional Facility in upstate Dannemora in June 2008.

Blackwell was wanted by police in November 2014 after allegedly committing an unknown crime."

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/nypd-shot-wounded-queens-village-report-article-1.2208183

Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I know there are bad cops out there, but I think they are a small minority.  Most cops are good and put their life on the line every day.  I hate to hear this, wouldn't want to be a policeman in a large city today - it's pretty much open season.  Prayers for him.
That is my view, as well.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline flowers

I wonder how many police voted for obama? I wonder how many of them are in shock right now? 

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I wonder how many police voted for obama? I wonder how many of them are in shock right now?
Police are government employees, who have money deducted from their paychecks to perpetuate their unions and their political activities.

Government employees make up one of the biggest sources of political campaign funds. Teachers, police and fire plus others.

Almost certainly the union advises their members to vote for democrats, and I expect a great many otherwise reasonable police officers decide their pay, benefit and retirement package is best served by democrats in office.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline flowers

Police are government employees, who have money deducted from their paychecks to perpetuate their unions and their political activities.

Government employees make up one of the biggest sources of political campaign funds. Teachers, police and fire plus others.

Almost certainly the union advises their members to vote for democrats, and I expect a great many otherwise reasonable police officers decide their pay, benefit and retirement package is best served by democrats in office.

How many of them do you think are surprised or in shock right now?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Update - the officer died.

Officer Brian Moore, Rest in Peace.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Paladin

"Officer Brian Moore, Rest in Peace." Ditto that.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.